Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

pharmacy degree distance learning

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mrkosh1

• 232 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

Is there anyway to get a pharmacy degree while studying at home -- without having to go on campus to take lab classes? Several years ago I did a search and could not find any possible way to earn a pharmacy degree in this manner. Instead, I discovered that almost every home study option I could find required on-campus time BEYOND just taking exams. The way I see it, even if the exams had an intense hands on portion, if someone can study at home and master the material they shouldn't have to go on campus.

Basically, my formal education was cut short in my early twenties due to horrible family issues (divorcing parents) which impacted every aspect of my life -- including finances. I've never recovered. At the time I was a biology major (interested in pursuing pharmaceutical research). Since then, even though I not went back to college, I've kept my interest in anti-aging, human health, and supplementation. Since I don't think I have the inclination to study eight years for a PhD (most of my college credited wouldn't count now), I've often pondered the possibility of getting a pharmacy degree and specializing in combining pharmaceuticals with supplements and nutrition to extend lifespan/health until truly radical anti-aging technologies emerge (glucosepane breakers, nano-machines, CRISPR vaccines to repair DNA damage, advanced stem cell treatments, printed organs, etc.)

Any thoughts if there are any affordable home study programs where I could obtain a pharmaceutical degree? In my mind, I've imagined being the pharmacists people go to and ask: "Hey, my doctor just prescribed me these pills for fatty liver. What can I take to help?" I'd respond by looking at all the medications they were taken, their overall medical history, and saying, "I'd suggest you take 500mg of nicotinamide riboside twice a day, 300mg of alpha lipoic acid twice a day, start eating broccoli sprouts to obtain sulforaphane, etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users