What to chose for dopamine upregulation

dopamine upregulation dopamine receptors dose

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy123

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hi i have probably dowregulated receptors. I dont know what to choose.What are the doses???

I want choose something from:

*inositol (dose??)

*cdp-choline (dose?)

*uridine (dose??)

*sulbutiamine (dose?)

And how long i should take this suplements???

Thanks

Edited by Jimmy123, 07 March 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

[background='']

Dopaminergic upregulators

[/background] 

[entry='']

http://mentalhealthd...-to-prevent-it/

[/entry]

Many individuals attempting to halt and/or prolong Adderall tolerance forget that tolerance isn’t solely a byproduct of excess Ca2+ ion influx.  Another prominent mechanism by which Adderall tolerance is established is via dopaminergic adjustments.  Changes in endogenous levels of dopamine, receptor densities (particularly D2) and dopamine transporter (DAT) activity are associated with amphetamine tolerance.
Specifically, Adderall inhibits neurochemical processes from breaking down dopamine, which leads to abnormally high dopamine concentrations.  The high dopamine concentrations decrease the density of dopamine receptors.  As a result, you may want to administer agents that have demonstrated efficacy in upregulation of dopamine receptors (especially D2).
Inositol: There’s modest evidence suggesting that chronic inositol administration significantly increases D2 receptor density in the striatum.  There’s also evidence to suggest that inositol increases 5-HT2 receptor density (to a lesser extent).  Since the Adderall may have downregulated D2 receptors in the striatum, ongoing concomitant administration of inositol may attenuate this downregulation.

Choline: Studies suggest that exogenous choline administration increases dopamine receptor densities in animals by up to 11% compared to animals that didn’t receive any choline.  Ensuring that you’re consuming sufficient choline may slightly mitigate some dopamine receptor downregulation associated with Adderall.  Eating plenty of eggs (particularly the yolks) is considered a viable modality of attaining choline, but supplementation is also effective.

Sulbutiamine: Though literature is relatively sparse regarding sulbutiamine, one study noted that sulbutiamine administration increases the number of dopamine binding sites within the prefrontal cortex.  Individuals may want to increase dopamine receptor count while simultaneously increasing the number of binding sites for maximal efficacy.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jimmy123

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thank you very very much

• Cheerful x 1

#4 mindpatch

• 120 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

https://www.google.c...l-β-carboline&*

There should be also some threads here about it if you use the search function

#5 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

The glutamatergic system has a relationship with the dopaminergic system.  So you can expand your search to include NMDA antagonists like memantine.  Memantine has been demonstrated to upregulate BDNF and stabilize dopamine from crashing ... albeit in SIV (simian version of HIV) infected monkeys.  

Memantine deserves a mention here anyway because of its apparent application in reducing amphetamine tolerance through indirect mechanisms.

You should also toss some magnesium, potassium, and low dose lithium in there.

But the healthiest way to get your brain to right itself is to just eat a balanced diet of whole foods, take daily walks, get proper sleep, drink water, cut down the caffeine, and let it fix itself.  This will take longer but in the long run will help you establish healthier habits anyway.

Edited by Duchykins, 08 March 2017 - 09:51 PM.

#6 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

https://www.google.c...l-β-carboline&*

There should be also some threads here about it if you use the search function

Currently using this EOD. Subtle effects, but so far I notice slightly more drive/motivation, but nothing game-breaking.

The most interesting effect so far is it affecting habits and addictions. 9-me-bc has a potent effect on habit (breaking), dependence (on addictive things).

Dopamine upregulation is a really long process though. Be prepared for the fact that it'll take time.

#7 Jimmy123

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

Thanks guys. Can you tell me what casue downregulation them i will know what i should avoid???.

#8 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:30 PM

Downregulate = decrease in sensitivity to a drug or neurotransmitter due to stimulation of receptors through high levels of the neurotransmitter or use of agonist drugs. 

Upregulate = increase in sensitivity to a drug or neurotransmitter due to a lack of stimulation (or antagonism) toward the receptor. 

Increasing levels of a neurotransmitter may feel good for a while, but will downregulate the receptor - this is a major cause of tolerance. 

The idea of downregulating receptors is to take something that is an antagonist to your drug of choice while abstaining from the drug, and hence will help reverse your tolerance. This will only be reasonable, of course, if antagonizing the receptor in question doesn't make you feel like shit

AVOID Dopaminergics generally...

#9 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Hmm so sulbutiamine as arcalion in pharmacy and some egg yolks are awailable for me in my country.  

#10 nicklesprout

• 116 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

BPC-157? check reddit about it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2022 - 04:31 PM

Tyrosine so your body makes as much as it needs
dopamine forces your body to work harder
drugs that forcebily activate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine upregulation, dopamine, receptors, dose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users