Taurine and Magnesium taken together?

magnesium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

I was wondering is anything bad combining this 2? also ALCAR and NA-Rala at same time? thanks. The reason i asking is cause the magnesium is Glycinate and i heard they compete? thanks.

#2 monowav

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

I do it all the time. and the other one is fine too

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

No, if anything they should be taken together in moderate amounts, along with potassium, calcium and low-dose lithium for well-rounded electrolyte support in a culture where everyone is ingesting far too much sodium and too little potassium.   Vegans should especially be supplementing taurine since it's one of the nutrients they always test low in.  One of taurine's important functions in the body is helping to keep magnesium and potassium inside the cell.    This is why taurine is added to energy drinks, this is why it can help people with physical activities (tying back into slowing the loss of Mg and K), and sometimes added to magnesium supplements.

Edited by Duchykins, 12 March 2017 - 08:28 PM.

• like x 1

#4 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:15 AM

They make magnesium taurate which is magnesium that is attached to taurine however it is different from taking magnesium with taurine.

#5 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:42 PM

No, if anything they should be taken together in moderate amounts, along with potassium, calcium and low-dose lithium for well-rounded electrolyte support in a culture where everyone is ingesting far too much sodium and too little potassium.   Vegans should especially be supplementing taurine since it's one of the nutrients they always test low in.  One of taurine's important functions in the body is helping to keep magnesium and potassium inside the cell.    This is why taurine is added to energy drinks, this is why it can help people with physical activities (tying back into slowing the loss of Mg and K), and sometimes added to magnesium supplements.

So, for someone with a suspected electrolyte imbalance how much taurine, magnesium and potassium is needed (more so the ratios than exact amounts)?  I was thinking about buying this supplement (https://www.iherb.co...-Capsules/64018) which combines magnesium taurate and potassium taurate.  So, kill 3 birds with one stone.  I was also thinking about adding 5-10 mg/day of lithium orotate and drinking 8-16 ounces of milk. 

#6 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

500 mg taurine

400 mg magnesium

400 to 600 mg potassium, not taken all at once but spaced out during the day - or just get a protein drink that has around 600 mg in it.

I can't tell you ratios since you've not had you electrolytes tested.  I'm wary of recommending the 500 mg potassium supplements that are on the market because without medical supervision you don't know if those would do you more harm than good.  You should get most potassium from your food.  Eg I like to just eat handfuls of fresh baby spinach instead of relying on potassium caps - even though I do take potassium caps periodically through the day, just not by the 500 mg.  You should be consuming about 3 to 4 grams of K by the end of the day in your food unless you have some kidney problem

That supplement you linked to is a rip off, ten dollars for 60 caps of something you'd have to take 4-6 caps of.   This is one of the reasons I buy of my stuff separately

Edited by Duchykins, 16 March 2017 - 06:17 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

I have tested the taurine intensively, it works best at 2grams dosage, (2-3x per day) magnesium/potassium does not need to be in exact ratios, i take ~ 250mg bisglycinate and ~ 300-400mg potassium chloride with it.

This combo, is the best thing E V E R for arrhythmia, absolutely insane heat/cardio benefits.

Edited by dazed1, 16 March 2017 - 06:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnesium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users