• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Hate work, social anxiety, suffering big time.

depression anxiety adhd legal drugs nootropics supplements social anxiety no motivation impaired cognition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Confusedcious

• 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

I'm in my mid 20s, I'm in my house all day, everyday. I hate work of all kinds & avoid it, so you can say I have a huge lack of motivation- I've been this way my whole life. I'm always either on my computer or watching TV.

I have had problems socializing my whole life and learning/attention/processing information (I'm slower than the average person).

I have no libido (obviously this is the least of my problems though).

I'm looking to solve/treat these problems before seeing another professional because I don't have access to a reputable Pychiatrist (my insurance sucks and the doctors suck).

Tried Lexarpo & Zoloft in the past- did not work.

Wellbutrin XL worked for only about 1 week and stopped working- even after being on it for several months with the maximum dose.

Ritalin did not work.

Tried many supplements and nothing has worked, currently waiting for an order of Ashwagandha to come in after reading about it's beneficial effects on social anxiety.

All bloodwork, physicals, etc. come out normal every time.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Confusedcious, 16 March 2017 - 07:46 PM.

#2 Shatners Bassoon

• 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

Phenibut, used infrequently, absolutely annihilates my social anxiety. I literally can't stop talking on that stuff.  Also helps with libido too. 

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 genereader

• 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Being depressed but not responding to antidepressants is a classic sign of a methylation problem. 

https://www.wsj.com/...136850522166664

https://www.psycholo...physical-health

Sign up with 23andme or AncestryDNA (about $100), download your data, run it through Promethease (or Genetic Genie, or Livewello).  If your MTHFR gene has any problems (usually C667T or A1298C) then take supplements to work around the faulty enzyme. 

You can also check the homocysteine level in your blood, high levels (above 7) indicate a methylation problem. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, anxiety, adhd, legal drugs, nootropics, supplements, social anxiety, no motivation, impaired cognition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users