• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Liquid Biopsy to predict cancer? Yes, please!

cancercancer diagnosis liquid biopsy cancer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 mag1

• 1,053 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

I have been reading about liquid biopsies and I am impressed. I am very impressed!

I want one now!!!

Anyone have any suggestions?
A family member is a 30 year smoker and I do not want to wake up to the nightmare of cancer!

Getting ahead of this would be such a blessing.

If the US has some objection to helping, China would be fine. I mean would China not take our money and not help us?
  • Needs references x 1

#2 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

There are a lot of companies working on this, but I'm not sure any of them is really reliable at this point. I know someone who dealt with one of these companies, and found that their test wouldn't stand a chance of detecting circulating cancer cells unless there was a fairly significant cancer burden.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

You want references?

Here's a reference!

https://www.technolo.../liquid-biopsy/

Problem here is the date of this article is not clear.

What I find impressive is the test described already had demonstrated clinical usefulness.

The 17 apparently healthy people who were found to have very early and curable cancer, likely would

have only presented at a medical clinic once untreatable illness had manifested.

This technology already appears to have significant clinical value.

#4 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

"For the time being, the cost of the DNA test being tried out on people at risk for liver cancer is still too high for routine use." Not to throw cold water on the idea, as in a decade or two this approach is likely to be in common use, but for now the accuracy and cost has to be compared to existing scanning technologies such as MRI, CT, X-ray, ultrasound and so on, which are pretty effective.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

This one could greatly move liquid biopsies forward.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4997244/

If you can simply find the tumor cells with this magnet idea, then you could avoid quite a bit of empty sequencing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cancercancer diagnosis, liquid biopsy, cancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users