• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

A conserved NAD+ binding pocket that regulates protein-protein interactions during aging

repair dna nad nmn cell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GreenPower

• 201 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

I found this quite interesting article in Science. A corresponding video from Harward Medical School can be found here.

I've not read it all yet, but through a quick look I understand it to mean that by adding NMN, which is a precursor to NAD+, to a regimen, you can restore the DNA-repair system and by that also restore cell functionality to a younger state.

#2 SearchHorizon

• 167 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:41 AM

Yes, that is correct. From previous work by Sinclair, it was shown that a certain level of NAD+ was required for stress proper responses (i.e., heat, lack of oxygen, exercise, etc.). The latest paper by Sinclair and his gang shows that a high level of NAD+ is also required to fix DNA sequence errors. 

To me, the interesting part of the article was about the mouse experiment in which certain cell functions of old mice were restored to their younger state when the mice were givin high level of NMN - it took about a week. My question is then, how was the "younger" state measured? (I don't have access to the original paper). 

#3 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

The paper was aready under discussion here:

http://www.longecity...curated/page-63

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair, dna, nad, nmn, cell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users