longevity

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

https://www.scienced...70315143836.htm

yeah yeah so much talk about pills being able to mimic benefits of exercise, check this study out though

if you ask me, if im rich ill buy the newer pills for exercise mimics BUT this seems quite feasible

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

not feasible at all.  WBV causes raynauds disease and doesn't activate genes associated with exercise as the cellular level.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Oakman

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

not feasible at all.  WBV causes raynauds disease and doesn't activate genes associated with exercise as the cellular level.

"Raynaud's is usually a symptom of another disease, such as lupusscleroderma,rheumatoid arthritis, or atherosclerosis. It may also be caused by taking certain medicines, using vibrating power tools for several years, smoking, or having frostbite. (This is sometimes called secondary Raynaud's.)"

I found one of these stand-on vibrating machines at a local health club, and wondered about it, as I'd never seen one before. Seems unlikely that it would be causing significant damage unless you became addicted to it and used it repeatedly for years though. The machine lets you vary the intensity and the frequency, among other parameters and was all hi-tech and apparently brand new.

What I thought was most interesting was, that as you varied the frequency with the dial while using it, various parts of my body resonated to different frequencies :wacko: . It was definitely an odd and somewhat disconcerting feeling!

#4 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

prophets, as i voted, you need references for this. i seriously doubt it will cause any disease

#5 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Vibrating platforms were in fashion a few years ago, the idea to get training benefits without effort was appealing....as usual.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Vibrating platform training was developed by Bosco (NEMES) quite a while ago and intended for elite athletes, in that context does provide a tiny but valuable advantage (at those levels, of course), if you do your own research about how the Bosco protocol was intended you'll find out that first it has to be established which frequency is best to elicit the stronger response (which is different in each one subject) by means of a probe applied on the muscle to be trained (usually leg in a half squat stance) that measure the response to a range of different frequencies automatically provided by the platform, than the actual training can be performed at that specific frequency.

Those kind of platforms are quite expensive and are NOT what you'll find in your local health club, they don't substitute regular training but eventually complement it and don't make any sense for whom is not an elite agonist athlete.

Are used so sparingly and for such a short time anyway that negative health consequences are very unlikely and unreported as far as I am aware of. 

#6 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:20 AM

prophets, as i voted, you need references for this. i seriously doubt it will cause any disease

I'm not wasting my time chasing down references for your personal satisfaction.  Obviously everything is dose dependent.  WBV does not mimic exercise.  It can stimulate bone growth, but that's different.  NASA investigated it to restore lost bone mass in astronauts.

And if you think WBV is an exercise mimic, then here are some other great exercise machines you should try.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Ue6l7P5lROY

Edited by prophets, 30 March 2017 - 02:02 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

aconita, its still this deluxe idea of exercise mimic without causing you pain. exercise is always helmed as this amazing thing, but reality is, as ex athlete, it causes severe oxidative stress to your body over time and its actually something people dont really talk about it seems. as long as it burns calories and fat, and supposedly encourages cell replenishment as some studies show, people just ignore the rest. the rest is this, as long term ex athlete, severe damage. sometimes i think i can sue people claiming exercise is 100% safe natural and healthy, but thats just delusion based on my anger with the bad experience on it.

• Well Written x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#8 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:02 AM

PPAR-delta agonists increase fat burning and increase energy expenditure, similar to the effect of prolonged aerobic activity.

The first two have been banned in sport.  Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker used medically to lower blood pressure.  Worth the risk for hypertension, perhaps but it may induce lung cancer.  As, apparently, do the other agonists.

• Agree x 1

#9 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

Vibrating platforms were in fashion a few years ago, the idea to get training benefits without effort was appealing....as usual.

Those kind of platforms are quite expensive and are NOT what you'll find in your local health club, they don't substitute regular training but eventually complement it and don't make any sense for whom is not an elite agonist athlete.

Are used so sparingly and for such a short time anyway that negative health consequences are very unlikely and unreported as far as I am aware of.

Actually, consumer platforms aren't all that expensive -- check, say, amazon -- and I say that you want not just muscular strength and endurance to maintain fitness, you also want flexibility. And so vibration platforms are wonderful tools to increase your limbs' ranges of motion. Part of what I do to make a living in this horrible world is as a professional contortionist, and I'm here to tell ya that this here vibe platform I'm resting atop right now (as I tap out these dear words) is an excellent flexibility tool.
  • Informative x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 mrs

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

In the early 2000's I bought a Nemes machine from Prof Bosco. It had a timer, adjustable frequency and an EMG feedback. I found no benefits from using it, except for flexibility. I am normally unable to touch my feet with my hands while keeping my legs straight. After using the machine for 20s I could press the palms of my hands against the floor.

The only recommended position was the standing position, as using in the back, arms, abdominals could be tissue damaging (can't remember the specifics...).

I sold it a couple of years later.

• Informative x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: longevity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users