Has anyone tried luteolin?

luteolin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19815045

Supposed to lower monoamine neurotransmitter levels better than the other chemical.

I found a seller for it but not sure if it's even the same chemical, wouldn't want to risk trying it.

http://www.ebay.co.u...8QAAOSwFnFWC2Ew

• like x 1

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:23 PM

Where the heck did you dig this one up??

Had to have a look, and it certainly seems like an interesting compound - alas, it also does A LOT of different things, and I can't see that all of them are necessary or relevant for you.

Interesting that it seems to be the only NDRE ever discovered! Previous to this, we didn't even think such compounds existed! But I guess it makes sense, if there is such a compound for 5HT, with Tianeptine, then there should be for the two other primary neurotransmitters as well.

There's no proof that this would be benefficial for you though... remember, you don't have global problems with this, at least it would not appear so. (the dopaminergic dysfunction in schiz' really does seem to be regional, it's got LOW dopamine in some parts of the brain, not just high.)

Instead, I suggest you forget about this complex compound, and instead go and checkout the selective 5HT3-antagonists - like Ondansetron - a medication which was previously created for the treatment of nausea. Well, turns out it's got antipsychotic properties as well - in fact, ALL selective 5ht3-antagonists seem to have this effect, to various degrees.

And you ARE the fellow who has most often reacted poorly SPECIFICALLY to serotonin-agonising compounds, yes? Logical then, that you would finally try a selective method of suppressing serotonergic activity. 5HT3-receptors seem to be involved in the modulation of dopaminergic activity, so that may be what it's all about.

It specifically seems to help MORE with the cognitive issues of Schizophrenia, than the hallucinatory ones, which is where YOUR issues lie, yes? Interestingly enough, it actually seems to help with extrapyramidal side-effects from regular antipsychotics as well...

Anyways, I suggest you start looking at the 5ht3-antagonists in earnest, and what they could mean for the etiology of psychosis, as well as for the cognitive aspects of Schizophrenia.

GO GET, SON!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

I think those 5HT3 antagonist drugs are prescription-only.

As for Tianeptine, Wikipedia says it has no affinity for the serotonin transporter.

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

I think those 5HT3 antagonist drugs are prescription-only.

Yes? So ask your Dr. for a prescription.

And if you don't want to do that, then there are ways around such things - it can be found online.

#5 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

1. Doctors don't prescribe things that patients want. If a patient suggests something the doctor will almost certainly reject it under suspicion of abuse.

2. As I've said before, my address is flagged. I can't order risky stuff anymore and don't want to cause issues for others.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

1. Doctors don't prescribe things that patients want. If a patient suggests something the doctor will almost certainly reject it under suspicion of abuse.

2. As I've said before, my address is flagged. I can't order risky stuff anymore and don't want to cause issues for others.

1. You are being overly generalizing.

My personal experience is that it's 50/50 whether or not a Dr. will prescribe what a patient requests. The higher the position, and the greater the knowledge of the Dr, then the more likely he or she is to prescribe what one requests.

I can find you many examples online of patients getting the drug they requested. And any Dr. worth their salt will know that there is NO abuse potential in an anti-emetic. We're not talking controlled substances here.

2. Fair enough, a good point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: luteolin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users