masturbation zinc dopamine vitamins testosterone

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ LongeCity grant support for self-testing

#1 Vitamin_User

• 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Hi,

I know/read that ejaculation can have an effect on the masturbator whether testosterone, zinc, dopamine, adrenal glands etc..

What are the best vitamins for quick post-masturbation recovery?

I was thinking a multi... but what more specifically? Is ashgawanda, zinc the best? Which is best for putting dopamine back into balance? or should that be left to natural recovery? Theoretically for a once a month masturbator...

Edited by Vitamin_User, 16 April 2017 - 12:28 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:35 PM

Depends. Some people here suffer from considerable post-ejaculatory depression-like symptoms. I never in my life felt this kind of thing from masturbation, though.

I doubt you would need to "refill" any vitamins really. Zinc and lysine can be useful I  suppose, but supplementation is hardly 'necessary', unless you want to maximize the amount. Considering your once a month frequency, I doubt you would need anything extra.

Edited by Baten, 16 April 2017 - 01:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:53 AM

Once a month?

What for?

At that rhythm you'll better avoid it altogether

Check your testosterone instead...:)

#4 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

if you mean the inappropriate post-masturbation feeling of having been castrated or lost all sense of masculinity, that is caused by some hormonal deficits either at receptor-level, maybe mutated androgen receptors which are very common, or simply a lack of some hormone. HRT will fix it.

• Ill informed x 1

#5 ambivalent

• 287 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

Theoretically for a once a month masturbator.

Rookie numbers: sorry I couldn't resist :-)

• Cheerful x 3

#6 hazy

• 764 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

once a month... clearly a troll hah

• Disagree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#7 jroseland

• 635 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

I'm pretty sure the post ejaculation blues are not due to a Vitamin deficit but to testosterone levels lowering... You can "bounce back" from your fabbing by doing things that boost your testosterone, so
Hit the gym
Improve your posture
Cold shower
Go salsa dancing
Inject some testosterone

You get the idea...

Edited by jroseland, 19 April 2017 - 10:45 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#8 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

I've tried exercising to remove post-masturbation "blues" or as I'd call it I-just-castrated-myself feeling. Exercise doesn't work. The only thing that works is taking "steroids" or sleep. Sleep cures all post-masturbation issues. I find that it takes THREE days to fully recover from masturbation and there's a good reason for that. One day is enough to at least feel better.

#9 Keizo

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

I've tried exercising to remove post-masturbation "blues" or as I'd call it I-just-castrated-myself feeling. Exercise doesn't work. The only thing that works is taking "steroids" or sleep. Sleep cures all post-masturbation issues. I find that it takes THREE days to fully recover from masturbation and there's a good reason for that. One day is enough to at least feel better.

I have had those problems in the past, I don't know what exactly changed but I don't have much of this problem any more.

Perhaps it was my past benzodiazepine use which has disrupted something in me for a time, or perhaps I had a vitamin D deficit. Anyway, vitamin D can raise testosterone, and presumably you could raise it quite a lot if some malnutrition is causing it to be low.

What certainly does work, in my experience, is a lot of supplements that work on dopamine, so methylphenidate, amphetamine, fulvic acid. As far as I know dopamine is considered to be a prolactin inhibitor, and prolactin is released upon ejaculation.

Besides testosterone prolactin levels might be of interest.

#10 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

It's not prolactin, I tested that already by taking things to increase prolactin to remove my libido and I did successfully remove my libido. Prolactin is partially the reason you get so relaxed after masturbating, in fact increasing prolactin feels good if not extremely high.

#11 Keizo

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

It's not prolactin, I tested that already by taking things to increase prolactin to remove my libido and I did successfully remove my libido. Prolactin is partially the reason you get so relaxed after masturbating, in fact increasing prolactin feels good if not extremely high.

OK. But presumably you felt good right after ejaculation? but then later the bad feelings came? That was the case for me, I would say it was mostly the day after I felt bad after ejaculation.

What I'm suggesting is that it might be a bit similar to how various recreational drugs can sometimes influence people, you get a rush of good feelings and then later you feel worse than normal. 

I could also add that at the time I had these problems I was generally a lot more depressed than I am today, regardless of masturbation. 

Edited by Keizo, 19 April 2017 - 05:54 PM.

#12 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

No I immediately feel extremely bad. I do it to get a relief from sexual thoughts and to make sleeping easier.

Anyway, the real reason is a mix of neurotransmitter modulation and androgen receptor desensitization. Weakness in legs is probably caused by a direct effect on hormone receptors or hormone levels. It's well known in boxing that sex causes weakness of the legs and it's true.

#13 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

You guys are talking about those issues as if it is normal...

It is not!

I am not sure about what's wrong but you can be sure that to feel bad after an orgasm or later or the next day it isn't normal at all.

After an ejaculation it is normal a rise in prolactin which somehow diminish libido but in an healthy individual not enough to compromise the willing for more, maybe after 4-5 in a row it could be more acceptable,...

3 days in order to recover from an orgasm???

Are you joking or what?

Some serious issues going on here...

Dildos market should be skyrocketing! :)

• Agree x 1

#14 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

Wtf man I don't understand your points. Dildos market?

Dil-DOS? A new operating system? Operating on another wavelength than we peasants?

Anyway, sex is not the same as masturbation.

Sex = feeling masculine, great mood, everything is going great.

Masturbation = Can't concentrate my thoughts, can't relax, seriously anxious, a little bitch. Lots and lots of odd symptoms. 

#15 ModusOperandi

• 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

I found that eating 20g protein yogurt before sex, about hour or so gives me energy or the will to get up and carry on. Otherwise i'm like tranqualized after tha bang, but it's connected with my depression and imbalances of neurotransmitters. 3-5 days gets my energy levels back usually, but i really have to cut down this shi&. Just lately been taking NSI 189 every day and it makes me horny as rabbit...oh i'm a rabbit.

#16 Longe_City

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

You guys are talking about those issues as if it is normal...

It is not!

I am not sure about what's wrong but you can be sure that to feel bad after an orgasm or later or the next day it isn't normal at all.

Hence the title of thread. Some people experience what these users are saying...  

Maybe some supplement will help "quick post-recovery"...

I'm guessing something like adrenal energy (ashgawanda, which raises testosterone)? supplement and/or dopamine a few hours after.... or something else? I think thats what OP is looking for...

Edited by Longe_City, 19 April 2017 - 10:19 PM.

#17 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

Dil-DOS? A new operating system? Operating on another wavelength than we peasants?

Dildos, plural for dildo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo

Anyway, sex is not the same as masturbation.

And in which physiological ways is it different, if I may ask?

Sex = feeling masculine, great mood, everything is going great.

Masturbation = Can't concentrate my thoughts, can't relax, seriously anxious, a little bitch. Lots and lots of odd symptoms.

This is matter for your psychotherapist, supplements or drugs have nothing to do with it. 

• Needs references x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#18 joelcairo

• 476 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:50 AM

There is really no physiological difference between sex and masturbation. If anyone has a negative reaction to the latter but not the former, I would recommend working on eliminating any BS about moral judgment of the act from one's mindset. Virtually everyone does it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, period. Enjoy it.

Also there is no reason in principle for sex to impair athletic performance or require an extended recovery period. This could vary from person to person, but it's certainly not universal. I had sex this afternoon and engaged in a strenuous sport maybe 3 hours later. In fact I played better than usual, I would say.

Edited by joelcairo, 20 April 2017 - 05:51 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#19 maxwatt

• Member, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

This topic is ... words fail me.

But imagine the marketing campaign for a post-masturbatory supplement.  What would the TV spots be like?  Facebook viral marketing? 

#20 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Jesus Christ you people are not too smart. Have any of you even had sex before? Maybe you're having too much sex and have never been in the position of living alone and occasionally masturbating? It seems so many guys here are hypersexual losers who hit the club and bang a couple of whores here and there with a condom on while taking various highly illegal recreational drugs. Yet then I read these things which implies you haven't experienced sex with a woman before. So confusing.

Anyway, it's been studied and it's a fact:

sex with a partner = large increase in various androgenic hormones. You can ACTUALLY feel it, it feels like a mild steroid cycle.

Masturbating ALONE (not having your boyfriend from Craigslist "help" you) = "no effect" on androgenic hormones (actually, these studies are completely false, hormones do decline in some areas, it's a FACT)

What irritates me is when I read statements about psychology and psychosomaticism and bla bla bla. It has nothing to do with feelings or beliefs or some mental disorder, it's just biology.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#21 Keizo

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

There is really no physiological difference between sex and masturbation. If anyone has a negative reaction to the latter but not the former, I would recommend working on eliminating any BS about moral judgment of the act from one's mindset. Virtually everyone does it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, period. Enjoy it.

That is an unlikely explanation in my case, and I doubt it would explain anywhere near all of these sorts of reports. An alternative and related explanation is that some people are reminded of how unfulfilled their life is when they have masturbated, sort of feeding into already existing depressive thought patterns. 

#22 ModusOperandi

• 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

With partner or without it definitely worsens my social anxiety, depression and energy levels. Much less if there is some days between. I should follow that rule but well working SNRI and NSI 189 brings out these moments where i brake down again and again...only hope is my new job keeping me busy enough.

#23 joelcairo

• 476 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

That is an unlikely explanation in my case, and I doubt it would explain anywhere near all of these sorts of reports. An alternative and related explanation is that some people are reminded of how unfulfilled their life is when they have masturbated, sort of feeding into already existing depressive thought patterns. 

Well guilt and embarrassment about masturbation is extremely prevalent, but I think you've put your finger on another reason for people feeling down afterwards. I'm mainly saying that your body doesn't know the difference between the two things, so the problem is based in the psyche.

• Agree x 1

#24 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Why does every explanation you people come up with have to involve some psychoanalytic mumbo jumbo? It's so extremely ironic that the same people who believe that every experience a person has can be accounted for by brain activity (as opposed to the intrinsic properties of a metaphysical object that for thousands of years has been called the soul) also believe that every experience a person has has some psychological explanation.

Consistency, anyone?

You can't both be a materialist and simultaneously believe in psychology. Psychology is the study of the PSYCHE, the immaterial, personal part to humans. The psyche is not the brain, if you think it is then you don't have a clue what the word actually means.

Typical Reddit "scientists" I tell you.

If a person goes to a doctor and says he doesn't feel manly, what is the first thing the doctor should do? Send him in for a psychiatric evaluation so he can be castrated, given female hormones and call himself a woman? No, nor should he be sent to a psychologist or whatever. A full hormone panel should be made to test his hormone levels, and more thoroughly things like igf-1 should also be tested since it is necessary for androgen receptor activation.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#25 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

I know...it is quite tough to acknowledge to have a physiological issue...

...but don't worry: once accepted you can work on it and with the due time and effort it may get better.

Now try to cool down and stop calling "you people, not too smart, hypersexual losers" and all what comes with because this isn't the way to call for a constructive discussion...if you aim to have a constructive discussion, of course.

If your aim is instead just to show you do know everything and everybody whom doesn't agree with you "needs references"  (your distinctive signature :)), well...keep your heels dug in and prepare to play this game alone.

By the way, girls tend not to find particularly enjoyable to get close with guys with such attitudes, not just girls for that matter but since we are talking about relationships leading to sex intercourse and assuming you are an heterosexual male..... 

• Good Point x 1

#26 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

We're back to Who Flagged Who? (it wasn't me).

I do agree that it's a physiological issue.

#27 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

We're back to Who Flagged Who? (it wasn't me)

Nice to hear that but isn't it weird that every time you are in disagree with somebody those "needs references" flags just seem to magically appear...and usually just before your next post....and you never get one...nor gets one anybody in agree with you (yes, I am the one whom did give you those last 2, I made an exception just for you since I refuse to use that particular tag because ethical reasons)? 

Maybe is just you have got lots of fans lurking in the backstage...

Well, not that I do care much actually, I just find it childish, that's all (and my hope on this forums is to interact with somehow better than childish).

I do agree that it's a physiological issue

Just realized I made a typo: I meant psychological, not physiological...thanks for bringing that to my attention. :)

#28 izan82

• 238 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Jesus Christ you people are not too smart. Have any of you even had sex before? Maybe you're having too much sex and have never been in the position of living alone and occasionally masturbating? It seems so many guys here are hypersexual losers who hit the club and bang a couple of whores here and there with a condom on while taking various highly illegal recreational drugs. Yet then I read these things which implies you haven't experienced sex with a woman before. So confusing.

Anyway, it's been studied and it's a fact:

sex with a partner = large increase in various androgenic hormones. You can ACTUALLY feel it, it feels like a mild steroid cycle.

Masturbating ALONE (not having your boyfriend from Craigslist "help" you) = "no effect" on androgenic hormones (actually, these studies are completely false, hormones do decline in some areas, it's a FACT)

What irritates me is when I read statements about psychology and psychosomaticism and bla bla bla. It has nothing to do with feelings or beliefs or some mental disorder, it's just biology.

can somebody ban this troll already. thank you.

• Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#29 ZuoCi

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

I'm pretty sure the post ejaculation blues are not due to a Vitamin deficit but to testosterone levels lowering...

Zkw2ZUx.jpg

• WellResearched x 2
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

I'm pretty sure the post ejaculation blues are not due to a Vitamin deficit but to testosterone levels lowering...

Zkw2ZUx.jpg

People need to understand that hormones are much more complicated. It's already been proven that at least in mice or some such test animals, androgen receptors downregulate like dopamine receptors do. Furthermore, FREE levels of dht and testosterone drops after masturbation. Total amounts of hormones tend sometimes to increase when free levels decrease and the reason for this is very obvious when you think about it.

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: masturbation, zinc, dopamine, vitamins, testosterone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users