How to not reach tolerance from a low daily dose of Klonopin

klonopin tolerance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cal18

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Daily dose is .375 divided by 3 doses per day (1/4 pill). Is the idea to keep receptors upregulated or to potentiate the effects of the medication? Looking for natural supplements that can possibly do this. I think flumazenil can  do this but I don't really want to go that route - seems to aggressive. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Cal18, 16 April 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

I suggest trying something other than a Benzodiazepine for your medical needs - they are notorious for their tolerance, as you have no doubt started noticing by now.

What is your diagnosis and your medical needs, exactly? If you're taking the Benzo for anxiety, there are other, more long-term viable options.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Picamilon 150 mg 3x daily, Phenibut 2x a week for extreme social situations, Lemon Balm daily,  1 tsp of Moderate Kratom about every other day, Magnesium Taurate daily, 5-HTP daily, and healthy diet. Then you should be fine. You can rotate Suntheanine in there if you want as well as Rosea Rhodiola however have those replace Kratom. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 18 April 2017 - 03:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Cal18

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Picamilon 150 mg 3x daily, Phenibut 2x a week for extreme social situations, Lemon Balm daily,  1 tsp of Moderate Kratom about every other day, Magnesium Taurate daily, 5-HTP daily, and healthy diet. Then you should be fine. You can rotate Suntheanine in there if you want as well as Rosea Rhodiola however have those replace Kratom. 

Thanks guys, my idea is to stay on the klonopin because I had to get on it for a medication reaction which also caused me to have very severe tinnitus. Originally I was prescribed Diazapam which I stayed on for 2 weeks, I got the tinnitus 3 days after stopping when the half life ran out (I'm extremely sensitive to med reactions and withdrawals). The tinnitus is too severe for me to quite the Klonopin (even a slow taper) - if you have tinnitus already, a benzo taper will surely make it worse.

I'm on a really healthy diet and supplement with magnesium, l-theanine and B6.

Was wondering is there was a way to keep gaba receptors upregulated so I don't have to updose the klonopin once tolerance is reached, then when things calm down with the tinnitus, I can slowly come off of it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: klonopin, tolerance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users