Photo

Manipulating mitochondrial dynamics

nad nad+ c60 mito fission fusion stearic acid mtdna

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#391 APBT

• 694 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

Is IP6 something that's sold by that name?

IP6 is  inositol hexaphosphate.  It is sold as IP6 or  inositol hexaphosphate.

• Informative x 1

#392 sumguy90

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:18 PM

IP6 is inositol hexaphosphate. It is sold as IP6 or inositol hexaphosphate.

Also known as phytic acid. It'll prevent nutrient absorption so don't take it close to a meal or with mineral supplements.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#393 stephen_b

• 1,643 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

I tried a subset of turnbuckle's updated protocol, but made some substitutions and omissions since it's all I have on hand until later this week:

nicotinamide — 1.5g
tryptophan — 1g
ribose — 5g
astragalus root extract (AMPK activator): 1-1.5 teaspoons

Some brain fog mornings for the 1st two days due to the tryptophan, which is not present when I cut back to 500 mg.

Result: nice and easily noticeable improvements on the treadmill. Very solid feeling, and about 5 bpm lower heart rate than an earlier exercise session at the same workout level. I have a long run scheduled for Saturday, where I should really be able to put it to the test.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#394 Nate-2004

• 1,218 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

IP6 is inositol hexaphosphate. It is sold as IP6 or inositol hexaphosphate.

Also known as phytic acid. It'll prevent nutrient absorption so don't take it close to a meal or with mineral supplements.

Ah really? Phytic acid is also cancer preventative and its nutrient absorption can be simply compensated for or countered.

I tried a subset of turnbuckle's updated protocol, but made some substitutions and omissions since it's all I have on hand until later this week:

nicotinamide — 1.5g
tryptophan — 1g
ribose — 5g
astragalus root extract (AMPK activator): 1-1.5 teaspoons

Some brain fog mornings for the 1st two days due to the tryptophan, which is not present when I cut back to 500 mg.

Result: nice and easily noticeable improvements on the treadmill. Very solid feeling, and about 5 bpm lower heart rate than an earlier exercise session at the same workout level. I have a long run scheduled for Saturday, where I should really be able to put it to the test.

So ampk activators are fission side not fusion side? Doesn't that prevent taking metformin every day with this protocol?

Edited by Nate-2004, 22 September 2017 - 03:11 AM.

#395 Nate-2004

• 1,218 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Update on my 4rd round of fission/fusion with NR instead of N+R.

I've been refining it as I go but I have definitely experienced similar responses to the fission side as far as the weakness and exhaustion level during and post workout that others have reported. Because NR takes longer I take it 4 hrs prior which is fine, I'm still at work and I don't mind waiting.

However, yesterday I took more NR than I did on Sunday, before and after the workout, while I experienced the same level of exhaustion that others experienced, I also experienced the inability to get to sleep as quickly last night. I felt too wired and this is despite the fact that I drank less coffee than usual during the earlier part of the day. I was actually trying to go without my usual dose of melatonin 45 mins before bed, that may have something to do with it. I don't know what the verdict on regular melatonin use but I keep hearing a lot of pros followed by cons followed by yet more pros. I don't know if I'll try the same level of NR next round of fission but we'll see. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have been the fact that I left out melatonin?

Edited by Nate-2004, 22 September 2017 - 06:11 PM.

#396 able

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Update on my 4rd round of fission/fusion with NR instead of N+R.

I've been refining it as I go but I have definitely experienced similar responses to the fission side as far as the weakness and exhaustion level during and post workout that others have reported. Because NR takes longer I take it 4 hrs prior which is fine, I'm still at work and I don't mind waiting.

However, yesterday I took more NR than I did on Sunday, before and after the workout, while I experienced the same level of exhaustion that others experienced, I also experienced the inability to get to sleep as quickly last night. I felt too wired and this is despite the fact that I drank less coffee than usual during the earlier part of the day. I was actually trying to go without my usual dose of melatonin 45 mins before bed, that may have something to do with it. I don't know what the verdict on regular melatonin use but I keep hearing a lot of pros followed by cons followed by yet more pros. I don't know if I'll try the same level of NR next round of fission but we'll see. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have been the fact that I left out melatonin?

I've had trouble getting to sleep on increased NR dosage.

I also used to take melatonin, but often didn't help.

Since I read Micheals supplement guide and started taking tryptophan (with NAM) 1 hour before bed, getting to sleep has been no problem.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#397 Valijon

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Not trying to be rude to anyone with what im about to say. Not looking for a big argument. Now tgat ive prefaced this i will say screw NR and hard. F this David Sinclair. Chromadex can suck big root. You could come down with cancer and make it worse by increasing NAD+. Lets move on to something else.
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#398 MikeDC

• 446 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Show us some studies that show higher NAD+ cause cancer. If it is true, children will get more cancer than old people.
Show us some studies that show NR make cancer worse. Many studies have been posted showing NR can prevent and cure cancer in liver and reduce metalisis in breast cancer.

Edited by MikeDC, 22 September 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#399 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 2,512 posts
  • NO

Posted Yesterday, 02:41 PM

Leucine for biogenesis

Free amino acids are found in rat mitochondria in the following decreasing concentrations—

Leu    4.28

Ala    2.63

Lys    2.55

Phe    2.07

Ile      1.89

Ser     1.81

Val    1.48

Met    1.38

Thr    1.33

Arg    1.29

Tyr    1.28

Asn   1.23

Gly    1.23

Gln    1.21

Asp   1.00

His    0.67

Glu    0.34

Trp    0.29

Pro    0.21

Cys    0.08

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18636966

Thus leucine seems of great importance, and appears to be exceptional for biogenesis—

Leucine (0.5 mM) increased mitochondrial mass by 30% and 53% in C2C12 myocytes and 3T3-L1 adipocytes, respectively . . . Leucine also stimulated mitochondrial biogenesis genes SIRT-1, PGC-1α and NRF-1 as well as mitochondrial component genes UCP3, COX, and NADH expression by 3–5 fold in C2C12 cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2701939/

And—

Leucine supplementation increases SIRT1 expression and prevents mitochondrial dysfunction and metabolic disorders in high-fat diet-induced obese mice Addition of leucine to HFD correlated with increased expression of SIRT1 and NAMPT (nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase) as well as higher intracellular NAD+ levels . . .

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3517633/

I don’t know how biogenesis will work with fission/mitophagy, but I will give it a shot.

• WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#400 able

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted Yesterday, 03:26 PM

Leucine for biogenesis

Free amino acids are found in rat mitochondria in the following decreasing concentrations—

Leu    4.28

Ala    2.63

Lys    2.55

Phe    2.07

Ile      1.89

Ser     1.81

Val    1.48

Met    1.38

Thr    1.33

Arg    1.29

Tyr    1.28

Asn   1.23

Gly    1.23

Gln    1.21

Asp   1.00

His    0.67

Glu    0.34

Trp    0.29

Pro    0.21

Cys    0.08

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18636966

Thus leucine seems of great importance, and appears to be exceptional for biogenesis—

Leucine (0.5 mM) increased mitochondrial mass by 30% and 53% in C2C12 myocytes and 3T3-L1 adipocytes, respectively . . . Leucine also stimulated mitochondrial biogenesis genes SIRT-1, PGC-1α and NRF-1 as well as mitochondrial component genes UCP3, COX, and NADH expression by 3–5 fold in C2C12 cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2701939/

And—

Leucine supplementation increases SIRT1 expression and prevents mitochondrial dysfunction and metabolic disorders in high-fat diet-induced obese mice Addition of leucine to HFD correlated with increased expression of SIRT1 and NAMPT (nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase) as well as higher intracellular NAD+ levels . . .

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3517633/

I don’t know how biogenesis will work with fission/mitophagy, but I will give it a shot.

Interesting.  Some other quotes  on stimulating ampk, NAMPT, Sirt1, and increased NAD+.

"Addition of leucine to HFD restored NAMPT expression (Fig. 2C). In addition, increased NAD+/NADH ratio was observed"

"dietary leucine stimulates SIRT1 signaling through activation of AMPK"

"leucine exhibited increases in expression of SIRT1 and NAMPT as well as intracellular NAD+ levels"

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad, nad+, c60, mito, fission, fusion, stearic acid, mtdna

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users