* * * * - 12 votes

Manipulating mitochondrial dynamics

nad nad+ c60 mito fission fusion stearic acid mtdna methylene blue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2195 replies to this topic

#721 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I got a lipid profile back, and this protocol seems to lower cholesterol. My total cholesterol went from 211 to 178, and LDL was reduced from 145 to 114 mg/dL (LDL calculated). HDL was unchanged at around 40.

That would seem to provide a bit of anecdotal evidence that niacinamide  + riboside is more effective than niacinamide by itself. I was taking 1.5 g nicotinamide and about twice that in riboside.

Don't know where to start )   It actually doesn't mean something good happened. Before, you were in a  sweet spot for all-cause mortality, now you are a bit too low

http://vernerwheeloc...ause-mortality/

High cholesterol is a bad sign if you have high inflammatory markers, otherwise, I would better have it higher than lower. It's also highly dependent(inversely correlated) on fatty food intake in previous 3 days, this could explain new values.

• Agree x 1

#722 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

I got a lipid profile back, and this protocol seems to lower cholesterol. My total cholesterol went from 211 to 178, and LDL was reduced from 145 to 114 mg/dL (LDL calculated). HDL was unchanged at around 40.

That would seem to provide a bit of anecdotal evidence that niacinamide  + riboside is more effective than niacinamide by itself. I was taking 1.5 g nicotinamide and about twice that in riboside.

Not surprising. In high cholesterol mice given exogenous mitochondria, LDL cholesterol dropped dramatically with the number of injections. See Fig. 3E of this paper--

Mitotherapy for Fatty Liver by Intravenous Administration of Exogenous Mitochondria in Male Mice

Here we suggest that mitochondria isolated from hepatoma cells are used as a mitotherapy agent to treat mouse fatty liver induced by high-fat diets. When the mitochondria were intravenously injected into the mice, serum aminotransferase activity and cholesterol level decreased in a dose-dependent manner. Also, the mitotherapy reduced lipid accumulation and oxidation injury of the fatty liver mice, improved energy production, and consequently restored hepatocyte function. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5422541/

And unless your mitochondria are in truly bad shape, it should not make any difference if you get an injection of new mitochondria, or clean up your own.

• Ill informed x 1

#723 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

I've read that B3 tends to raise glucose over the long haul and can decrease insulin sensitivity, is this not an issue with B3-Riboside?  If so, why not?

Edited by brosci, 16 January 2018 - 01:01 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#724 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:00 AM

I've read that B3 tends to raise glucose over the long haul and can decrease insulin sensitivity, is this not an issue with B3-Riboside?  If so, why not?

Dysfunctional mitochondria are associated with insulin resistance, thus improving mitochondria with this protocol is going in the right direction. See-- 

Skeletal Muscle Nucleo-Mitochondrial Crosstalk in Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes

Skeletal muscle mitochondrial dysfunction, evidenced by incomplete beta oxidation and accumulation of fatty acid intermediates in the form of long and medium chain acylcarnitines, may contribute to ectopic lipid deposition and insulin resistance during high fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5412415/

In rodents, nicotinamide has been found to improve insulin resistance, and does this more than nicotinic acid--

Nicotinamide improves glucose metabolism and affects the hepatic NAD-sirtuin pathway in a rodent model of obesity and type 2 diabetes.

NAM 100 treatment affected glucose control significantly, as shown by lower levels of accumulative area under the curve during oral glucose tolerance test, serum fasting glucose, serum fasting insulin, and homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance, and higher levels of serum adiponectin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24314867

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#725 Moumou

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:54 AM

Turnbuckle, would you use Taurine in your setup? and more hypothetical question, trying a reduction of beta-Alanine blood concentration by overdosing Carnosine to improve mitochondrial metabolism?

Edited by Moumou, 18 January 2018 - 06:56 AM.

#726 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Turnbuckle, would you use Taurine in your setup? and more hypothetical question, trying a reduction of beta-Alanine blood concentration by overdosing Carnosine to improve mitochondrial metabolism?

No, I'm not using anything that improves mitochondrial metabolism in this protocol. The idea is to force mitochondria to perform on their own without outside help, and to kill those that don't measure up. Survival of the fittest. It's what your cells have been doing for decades without help, but now their quality control has gone awry, and you're going to have to help them out.

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#727 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

No, I'm not using anything that improves mitochondrial metabolism in this protocol. The idea is to force mitochondria to perform on their own without outside help, and to kill those that don't measure up. Survival of the fittest. It's what your cells have been doing for decades without help, but now their quality control has gone awry, and you're going to have to help them out.

What if I have A/G alleles on the rs4880 SNP that results in naturally low levels of SOD2? Will that help or hurt?

#728 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

What if I have A/G alleles on the rs4880 SNP that results in naturally low levels of SOD2? Will that help or hurt?

As that is a gene in the nuclear DNA, you can't eliminate it using this protocol, nor can you eliminate any mito deficiency that you were born with (short of a mito transplant). The best you can hope for is to restore your mtDNA to a more youthful state, and thus I'm suggesting that you avoid supplements that mitochondria could use as a crutch to avoid being detected as defective in the fissioned state. For instance, supplementing any of the intermediates or enzymes of the citric acid cycle could allow mitochondria with a deficiency in making that intermediate to escape recycling. And I suspect the long term supplementation of NAD precursors could produce such a dependency. 

• Needs references x 1

#729 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

As that is a gene in the nuclear DNA, you can't eliminate it using this protocol, nor can you eliminate any mito deficiency that you were born with (short of a mito transplant). The best you can hope for is to restore your mtDNA to a more youthful state, and thus I'm suggesting that you avoid supplements that mitochondria could use as a crutch to avoid being detected as defective in the fissioned state. For instance, supplementing any of the intermediates or enzymes of the citric acid cycle could allow mitochondria with a deficiency in making that intermediate to escape recycling. And I suspect the long term supplementation of NAD precursors could produce such a dependency. 

That makes sense, not sure if PQQ is one of those? It helps with SOD2 scavenging.

As for NAD precursors, I've my doubts there's any dependency since most of what NAD+ depends on comes exogenously from niacin and tryptophan. Supplying it with closer upstream precursors shouldn't make it anymore dependent since the process in the cycle where B3 and Tryp finally make it to becoming NAM (or NAM directly), it's all coming from diet anyway. Isn't it by nature, dependent? 

#730 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

That makes sense, not sure if PQQ is one of those? It helps with SOD2 scavenging.

As for NAD precursors, I've my doubts there's any dependency since most of what NAD+ depends on comes exogenously from niacin and tryptophan. Supplying it with closer upstream precursors shouldn't make it anymore dependent since the process in the cycle where B3 and Tryp finally make it to becoming NAM (or NAM directly), it's all coming from diet anyway. Isn't it by nature, dependent? 

I've previously included PQQ during fusion. During fusion you can take all sorts of things as long as it doesn't promote fission. As for your doubts about dependency, you've noted yourself that HPN recommends taking a 3 day break between bottles of NR. You might ask them why.

• Good Point x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#731 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

I've previously included PQQ during fusion. During fusion you can take all sorts of things as long as it doesn't promote fission. As for your doubts about dependency, you've noted yourself that HPN recommends taking a 3 day break between bottles of NR. You might ask them why.

Interesting, they do. I don't take NR or NAM+R every day, just on "fission days".

#732 Moumou

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

When you say survival of the fittest, you mean you choose marathonian style, efficency over efficacity - same energy with less ressources, mimicking old age mito respiration to train them.

Activities like freediving could improve it (i do it myself - 3min 15s is my best underwater). Or high altitudes runs. Improving deoxygenated myoglobin delay & rieske protein overall potency.

And "Maybe" we can train mitochondrias when asleep, because our Brain is consuming less "energy", then it would improve day to day training of Braincells mitos.

Also, using metabolism enhancers with pre-Selected mitochondiras would be a good crutch for the old age, adding life quality to longer life span, No?

Talking of Mito Natrual Selection : http://jeb.biologist...3719.full.pdf  

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4490732/

Would interest you : https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3783979/

Edited by Moumou, 18 January 2018 - 09:04 PM.

#733 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

When you say survival of the fittest, you mean you choose marathonian style, efficency over efficacity - same energy with less ressources, mimicking old age mito respiration to train them.

I mean killing mitochondria that exhibit no membrane potential when fissioned to one loop of DNA. This is the way the body does it, which this protocol takes to the extreme. See my post #218.

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#734 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Back to apigenin, I found another source that says parsley has 45mg per gram, this has to be wrong. That's an enormous amount for so little parsley. Worth just adding these to a smoothie, way cheaper and more certain than Swanson's bad rep for label inaccuracy and food sources may have better absorption.

Edited by Nate-2004, 18 January 2018 - 10:31 PM.

#735 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

Back to apigenin, I found another source that says parsley has 45mg per gram, this has to be wrong. That's an enormous amount for so little parsley. Worth just adding these to a smoothie, way cheaper and more certain than Swanson's bad rep for label inaccuracy and food sources may have better absorption.

Very unlikely--

Bioavailability of Apigenin from Apiin-Rich Parsley in Humans 
The apigenin content in parsley was 11.89 mg/100 g edible portion. 
PMID: 16407641

• Needs references x 1

#736 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

What if I ate it with some fats? Avocado? Nuts? Flax? That study doesn't mention it.

#737 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:36 AM

Why don't you buy apigenin in caps? It isn't expensive.

• Ill informed x 1

#738 Moumou

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

So, its two stage protocol. First pruning then regrowth of mitos. How long and how many times for a first stage do you think it should goes on?

Edited by Moumou, 19 January 2018 - 06:05 AM.

#739 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Why don't you buy apigenin in caps? It isn't expensive.

Because it's only available from a single company I don't trust. In caps it also may be even less bioavailable than what you posted above for just parsley. I trust it's in parsley and parsley is cheap. It has a low lipid and low water solubility which explains why it's so difficult to absorb.

Edited by Nate-2004, 19 January 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#740 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

So, its two stage protocol. First pruning then regrowth of mitos. How long and how many times for a first stage do you think it should goes on?

Judging by your profile picture, a year. ;)

I did various versions of the protocol for more than six months, but I'm approaching 70 and had a lot of defective mitochondria. At first I had rather dramatic effects, but these gradually tapered off as (presumably) defective mitochondria were recycled and replaced. If you are older or otherwise suspect you have a problem, start off slow. Some cells may have only a few good mtDNA loops, and tendons don't have many mitochondria to begin with.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#741 Moumou

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

I am on my 30's and btw not really looking like Professor Farnsworth xD - in fact i am in real good shape for my age, many people think i am on my early 20's...

I am looking to improve my own protocol, some sort of hypoxia training, which involve fasting/diving phases and rest/rejuvenation phases, really close to your own protocol. Except, I am searching to train my mitos to pursue their cycles on harsh environements, not willing to kill them directly, but instead hoping to reactivate for most of them their epigenetical inheritage... I think it might kill most of those who can't survive the harsh phases.

I do it twice a year, march for phase 1 / april phase 2 - september p1/ october p2. Adding that p2 is also an attempt to clean lysosomal residues from cells mostly chelation and mito metabolics enhancements with NR, spermine, pqq, etc...

#742 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

hi, almost 49yo, look around 35-40yo according to most people, dna methylation 40yo, i'm a NR user (2 years), C60 (1 year), GDF11 user (few months extremely low doses about 0.2ng per month).i also use ptero, liposomal resveratrol, curcumin, mito q, telomerase activators and many other supplements.i was starting to feel some lower back pain, very very mild so it could be too much butterfly stroke or some bad mito so i thought maybe its time to try this protocol

i chose atomic protocol with suggested timing as it was described as very potent, first round fission:

1.5g N and 5g R

TMG, 1g

lysine 4g

fisetin 100mg

ampk (Lifeextension) 4 pills

1 hr heavy swimming at 1930 (i mean heavy in general, not heavy for me at all using these supplements)

no other supp except vit d3 and cycloastragenol 20mg

zero effect on strength or breathing, felt extremely good after swimming all as usual and starting to think protocol isnt working.started to feel muscles pains (whichi never feel using NR) at around midnight.sleeping was very very bad quality like non sleeping, i sweat like when you get fever from a bad flu

i woke up with a cold running nose, very watery eyes.it looked exaclty like the heavy cold i got 3 days before this protocol and that was cleared by 24 hrs previously.so in general feeling muscles pains like having a flu, a lot of inflammation/muscles pains, less energy.

fusion for the rest of the week (started to recover from the cold inflammation and all pains 2nd day of fusion)

broccoli extract 0.5g sulphorane

5 teaspoon raw organic cocao dissolved in oat milk

leucine 5g

Pqq 20mg

mito q 10mg

hydroxytyrosol 25mg

vit B complex

c 60

all antioxidants, telomerase activators used previously but no NR, no ptero and no resveratrol on fusion days

from 2nd day of fusion i have noticed better vision, i need reading glasses to watch pc monitor i can read but it is blurred, i also use sqk1eye drops but it s working with slow improvement on short distance focus and this protocol enhanced vision improvement a lot (but worked wonders on far vision)

energy for swimming is a little less than when using NR everyday, i swimming a lot of butterfly stroke so energy requirements are very high

low back pain comes and goes, itis very mild so it can come and go same day, but definitely improved

no effect on sweting at night on shoulders/back of the neck (i have this problem since i had a bad flu on may 2017)

at second round of fission/fusion i used 2g N and 4g R, nothing, mild muscle pain as you d expect after heavy swimming but felt nothing.zero sweating at night.at fusion much better vision than previous time, no sweating at all at night.BP a little lower it is 125/88 normally and moving towards 118/82 

amazing results on breath while swimming, i could already swim breathing 1-2 times on 25m but now i can do 25m without breathing or breathing just once on 25m during long freestyle sessions without using legs and not going very slow.so a big difference in very short time and the most amazing thing is i just swim 3 times per week and i miss at least one week per month, having a very very good technique this used to be like no swimm at all for me, actually i used to gain weight unless swimming 1hr every day in my '30 so it looks like i m doing better than when i was much younger with much less training

as regards muscles less strength but it looks i m gaining more mass/less fat, too early to say but first signs towards this

i just need one suggestion from all those with experience from this protocol: how long will you keep this dose of N+R or maybe cycle 6months of intermittent 2g N+4g R and 6 months of everyday NR (niagen) 500mg?what could be the souce of lower back pain?bad mito/too little mito in cartilage?resveratrol?

thank you

Edited by lost69, 23 January 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#743 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Resveratrol can definitely cause join pain in some people. It nearly crippled me some years ago before I realized what was happening. You might also eliminate the fiestin, given the following paper that suggests it can make one more sensitive to pain--Fisetin exerts antihyperalgesic effect in a mouse model of neuropathic pain: engagement of spinal serotonergic system 

The TMG and lysine had a dramatic effect on me early on in this, but only once, and I never understood why. So that is also dispensable.

For additional fission add in 50-100 mg apigenin. Apigenin has a long half life (reported to be 92 hours), so only use it on the first day of fission.

As for using this protocol, I'd stop when I felt I'd eliminated all defective mitochondria. I was substantially older than you when I first tried it and the effects were dramatic. That you are not getting that much suggests your mitochondria aren't in bad shape to begin with, or else you're not getting much fission just from the N+R (thus add apigenin). Still, keep in mind that one can have a large load of defective mitochondrial DNA as mitochondria typically have several mtDNA loops that cover for one another. This is the reason fission is needed--to force them apart so the cellular QC can recognize the defective loops and cull them.

As for NR, that's just an expensive way to get N+R.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 23 January 2018 - 05:54 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#744 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

thank you very much for the feedback, i ll try the suggested changes,can you please suggest a good brand for apigenin i only find swanson available and maybe their labeling dose is not reliable

i also fogot i started to get this back pain when i increased C60 to 20-24ml for some weeks, so i guess it could also be the c70 residue to make back pain.in any case i will produce my own in the future from 99,99% purity

Resveratrol can definitely cause join pain in some people. It nearly crippled me some years ago before I realized what was happening. You might also eliminate the fiestin, given the following paper that suggests it can make one more sensitive to pain--Fisetin exerts antihyperalgesic effect in a mouse model of neuropathic pain: engagement of spinal serotonergic system 

The TMG and lysine had a dramatic effect on me early on in this, but only once, and I never understood why. So that is also dispensable.

For additional fission add in 50-100 mg apigenin. Apigenin has a long half life (reported to be 92 hours), so only use it on the first day of fission.

As for using this protocol, I'd stop when I felt I'd eliminated all defective mitochondria. I was substantially older than you when I first tried it and the effects were dramatic. That you are not getting that much suggests your mitochondria aren't in bad shape to begin with, or else you're not getting much fission just from the N+R (thus add apigenin). Still, keep in mind that one can have a large load of defective mitochondrial DNA as mitochondria typically have several mtDNA loops that cover for one another. This is the reason fission is needed--to force them apart so the cellular QC can recognize the defective loops and cull them.

As for NR, that's just an expensive way to get N+R.

#745 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

thank you very much for the feedback, i ll try the suggested changes,can you please suggest a good brand for apigenin i only find swanson available and maybe their labeling dose is not reliable

i also fogot i started to get this back pain when i increased C60 to 20-24ml for some weeks, so i guess it could also be the c70 residue to make back pain.in any case i will produce my own in the future from 99,99% purity

I use the Swanson brand and find it effective. As for C60, I abandoned that as I found it stimulated mitochondria but didn't do anything to keep mitochondria healthy--that is, it didn't help get rid of defective mitochondria and thus the effect faded with time. 

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#746 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

High energy protocol  NAD/fusion (experimental)

Rationale: While high NAD+/NADH typically drives mitochondria into fission, stearic acid overrides that and drives them into fusion, producing a high ATP state. 

(morning, 3 days)

Nicotinamide (NAD) — 2g

Ribose (NAD) — 2g

Stearic acid (fusion) — 5g

AMPK activators (Life Extension or jiaogulan leaf) — 1g

Warning: While NAD/fission drops my BP, NAD/fusion raises it. I had to triple my anti-hypertension dosage on the first day.

Results: After three days this feels similar to my first experience with C60 in 2012. That is, more energy, flexibility, and more youthful looking skin. With C60 the effects faded, at least in part as it did nothing to eliminate defective mitochondria.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#747 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Interesting how it works during ketosis. Does it work as NAD/fission or  NAD/fusion?

In my experience (I am constantly in ketosis) it doesn't hinder the exercise capacity. Quite the opposite I beat few personal PRs recently. (I do superslow to failure type training with weights close to 0.8 of 1RMax)

During a workout, I feel a bit weird (cant point what is different but it feels so) and after the workout, my sleep duration increased like 2x. Hard not to nap after a meal than hard to not go to sleep early and wake up late next day. It feels good next day though.

• Informative x 1

#748 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

can this be a everyday protocol with few days fission per months when most defective mitos are cleared?

i also use AMPK from LEF but what do you mean by 1g?many pills so that gynostemma+rose hip reaches 1g so 2 pills?

i forgot to mention in my previous feedback that while my BP lowered a little (125-130/85-90 to 115-120/80-85) my pulse increased from 55-60 to 65-70 at the same time HRV worsen a lot:

HRV from 57-47 to 49-45 and rmssd from 50-30 to 14-20.i take HRV to see cardio improvement from gdf11 use but rmssd (many studies corralate this to cardio health) has worsen a lot on the protocol for now (it could also be from gdf11, when it reaches a point beyond what is needed it lowers HRV/rmssd instead of increasing it, my doses are very very very low on gdf so this should be unlikly)

thank you very much

High energy protocol  NAD/fusion (experimental)

Rationale: While high NAD+/NADH typically drives mitochondria into fission, stearic acid overrides that and drives them into fusion, producing a high ATP state. 

(morning, 3 days)

Nicotinamide (NAD) — 2g

Ribose (NAD) — 2g

Stearic acid (fusion) — 5g

AMPK activators (Life Extension or jiaogulan leaf) — 1g

Warning: While NAD/fission drops my BP, NAD/fusion raises it. I had to triple my anti-hypertension dosage on the first day.

Results: After three days this feels similar to my first experience with C60 in 2012. That is, more energy, flexibility, and more youthful looking skin. With C60 the effects faded, at least in part as it did nothing to eliminate defective mitochondria.

Edited by lost69, 25 January 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#749 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

can this be a everyday protocol with few days fission per months when most defective mitos are cleared?

i also use AMPK from LEF but what do you mean by 1g?many pills so that gynostemma+rose hip reaches 1g so 2 pills?

i forgot to mention in my previous feedback that while my BP lowered a little (125-130/85-90 to 115-120/80-85) my pulse increased from 55-60 to 65-70 at the same time HRV worsen a lot:

HRV from 57-47 to 49-45 and rmssd from 50-30 to 14-20.i take HRV to see cardio improvement from gdf11 use but rmssd (many studies corralate this to cardio health) has worsen a lot on the protocol for now (it could also be from gdf11, when it reaches a point beyond what is needed it lowers HRV/rmssd instead of increasing it, my doses are very very very low on gdf so this should be unlikly)

2 500mg pills.

As for HRV, was this during (or after) fission or fusion? It appears that HRV is sensitive to the condition of mitochondria, so if you are deleting them during fission, it's possible that it will lower HRV. HRV is used by at least one group to assess mito health--http://www.mitochondrialtherapy.com/

• Needs references x 1

#750 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Interesting how it works during ketosis. Does it work as NAD/fission or  NAD/fusion?

It probably works with either, as both are unregulated by a ketogenic diet (KD)--

Existing research supports the notion that fission gene expression is upregulated with nutrient availability (Holmström et al., 2012; Jheng et al., 2012) and fusion genes are upregulated with nutrient deficiency (Rambold et al., 2011). Contrary to this, the present liver and brain data suggest a global upregulation of fission and fusion genes when fed the KD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5186794/

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad, nad+, c60, mito, fission, fusion, stearic acid, mtdna, methylene blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users