• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Good & effective GPx/CAT/SOD supplement(s) ?

catalase gpx glutathione sod cat metformin

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Florian E.

• 80 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Hi,

i'm curious if somebody could give advice, howto best maintain and/or increase GSH, CAT and SOD levels ?
Since this seems to me one of the first aging "firewall" that goes down...

Currently i take:
------------------
- liposomal Glutathione (cycles) -> Definitely had positive effects on me and will continue using it.
- SOD caps (sometimes) -> Didn't notice any effects
- Cider vinegar (regular on skin, hair, oral) for catalase and others -> Had rather mild effects to me so far. But very nice effect on clogged skin pores.

I'm thinking about trying Metformin, because of some general considerations, and because of many reports that it helps GPx/CAT/SOD.
But there are some contradictory reports if it actually increases GPx/CAT/SOD or not. 

According to this study - https://www.spandido...m/etm/11/3/1095 - the effect goes like this:

The results indicated that metformin, predominantly in LPS‑pretreated monocytes/macrophages, reduced the expression levels of p22phox and increased those of SOD and GPx, but had only a minor effect on CAT levels. Therefore, metformin appears to alter the oxidative status of macrophages toward increasingly antioxidative activity, which may account for the pleiotropic effects observed during metformin treatment.

But regarding Metformin, should i be worried about blood sugar and ketoacidosis ?? And what should be taken into account to avoid these bad effects ?

Since metformin also seems to not have much of an effect on catalase, does someone know good substances to increase catalase ?
Should i take pure catalase for oral use and hair care ??

Also looking for better alternatives to SOD caps.

So, would be nice if someone has good advice (and experience) regarding effective GPx/CAT/SOD substances.

Edited by Florian E., 17 April 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: catalase, gpx, glutathione, sod, cat, metformin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users