confusion modafinil confusional state cognitive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WaterNoot

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

[Help required]

I premise that i use nootropics from 2.5 years. In this time I have learned a lot and I am passionate about. I started studying small notions of ,self-taught, neuroscience. I have been in contact with many neuroscientists, including professors, also one of those who studied Unifiram. I tried almost every major nootropics, trying various stack combinations. Each nootropic has been tested through psychometric tests. [Quantified mind, Cambridge brain sciences, Brainscale, Lumosity, IQ test] Among them, I tried also modafinil and armodafinil. These two, oddly enough, they never improved important aspect of cognition. They only improve the processing speed, in some functions, and perhaps, some minor forms of Working Memory. Even more strangely, they invalidate complex functions. My reasoning/planning worsens dramatically. For this reason, I used Modafinil/Armodafinil, only in non-working/study days, to motivate me and make me more productive.

And now we come to the problem: on May 31/2016, i used 150mg of Armodafinil. I was pretty invalidated, but still could reason. The next day I used 200 mg of modafinil. I felt much more invalidated then the previous day, I was very slow to take any decision. I needed to make important decisions, then i decided erroneously, to try to recover with two coffee. It was a bad choice. I fell into a strong anxiety. Acceleration of ideas, tremendous confusion, paranoia, complete cognitive blackout. From that day, for 4 months, I have not resumed. I was in the confusion, although I did not use other nootropics. 4 mo. later, i recovered, probably completely. In December, left with the girl, and took from depression and despair, I used to enhance mood, armodafinil 450mg. I was confused, but quite a good mood. Obviously, I was very cognitively invalidated. The real problem arose the next day. Since that day, I relapsed in the same invalidation proven a few months earlier. With fatigue, after 4-5 months I recovered. Despite a cerebrolysin cycle with no result.

And now I get to the point. I have been diagnosed with ADHD by a few weeks. I assume methylphenidate 60mg every day, It changed my life, i'm much more productive, more optimized cognitively, it improves mood, stability etc. Unfortunately, last Sunday, to stay awake during the day, since I had not slept on Saturday night, I used 100mg of modafinil along with the 60mg of methylphenidate. On Monday morning I felt partially invalidated, but still could think. In the afternoon i started experiencing great confusion in the work. To sleep I took 35 drops of Delorazepam. On Tuesday I was more invalidated than the morning before, but still lucid enough. I taked the regular 60mg of methylphenidate, and in the afternoon reappeared strong confusion. I tried to stop methylphenidate, but the problem persists, for a week now. I then started to take again methylphenidate, because it help me enough to think better and lift me in the mood. I am sure, given the exact same symptoms, modafinil has been creating this problem. What may have happened ? Underactivation of some circuits? What could be a treatment? Sorry for the form, for any errors, but i'm always considerably in chaos. I hope in your help. Thanks in advance. Regards
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

What I don't get is why you insist taking a substance that consistently proves doing no good for you...

Are you a masochist or something?:)

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: confusion modafinil, confusional state, cognitive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users