- - - - -

NSI-189 Journal

nsi-189 journal diary

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:46 PM

The personal use anecdotes on this substance are unfortunately scattered all over the place on this forum. 

I'm going to try and be as clear and as honest as possible with this diary. No fluff. No text walls. I'll do a summary each week.

My journal posts will be in dark blue font for the reader to find them quickly.  

Please refrain from replying unless asking for clarification or to genuinely add to the content.

But please do reply if you've had similar experiences in dark green. And in dark red if your experience was directly opposite to mine.

Please remove the quote from your reply and make "Week X" the first line. Where X is the week number you are commenting on.

My current supplement regimen (all taken at AM):

- AOR ortho-core
- Lion's mane
- 8mg galantamine
- Vit D 1000 iu
- Mag citrate 200mg
- Creatine 2g

I’m starting this 9 days in.

Terminology: Ibid: if not mentioned, assume the previous variable (e.g. “with food”)

Week 1. 40 mg orally. With food. At AM:

The first day I took this I felt a stimulant effect. I’ve taken many stimulants (amps, etc.) and the feeling was similar. It was a focussed well being effect. Engaged.

Anxiety slightly up but sweating from palms (something I do when I’m nervous) up quite a bit.

Overall feeling: More focus. I was reading a text book. I would normally be shifting around and restless. But my focus was better. Obviously can't put it down to the NSI. Still, interesting and I suspect it is the NSI.

Negative: Slight brain fog. Surely it's due to the NSI. I am hoping this goes away.

Week 2. Day 2. 40mg AM / 40mg PM. Ibid:

Today will be my second day doubling the dose. The positive and negative effects (increased focus but also increased brain fog and anxiety) are slightly increased. I’m surprised. The effect has barely increased from doubling the dose.

Edited by Ben, 24 April 2017 - 11:55 PM.

• like x 2

#2 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

Week 3 & 4. 40mg. Ibid. : 

Less motivation. More brain fog. Less creativity. 

Went back to a single 40mg dose for these past weeks. It is enough. I am not sure it is related to the NSI. I am in the middle of a difficult and boring part of a software program I am writing and I am dilly dallying. On the plus side I don't really care how much time I'm wasting because my mood is really chipper. Practically no melancholy, and anxiety and worry are down (I regularly experience very short periods of melancholy).

Focus is increased on some tasks: 

When I want to do the task, the focus is there. This is very different to ritalin. With that even if you don't want to do the task, the focus is there. It is slightly untamed energy though and there is less quiet reflection where you hear the "whispers" that could be a breakthrough in understanding.

Weird:

Coffee has a different effect. Instead of making me nervy, I now feel focussed.

Felt nauseous taking nicotine. Practically no stimulation from it too. Weird. (I use this once in a blue moon when I'm feeling particularly stressed out).

A large cup of wine gulped down had no effect. It might as well have been apple juice. Very weird because I'm usually a light weight.

Considering the wine, I wonder if this substance is benzodiazepine antagonist. If it was though, wouldn't I feel more anxiety? 

Edited by Ben, 09 May 2017 - 11:19 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

Week 5. Ibid.:

I subjectively feel better on this substance. 

Objectively, though, these 5 weeks have been my worst in a while for productivity. There is enough left for another week and a bit. I'll summarise the experience when the amount I have runs out and post a reflection a couple of weeks later. Overall, though, I will likely stop using it.

#4 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

Summary:

I took 40 mg of NSI for 50 days without pause. There is an obvious "on" effect that you feel when you've taken it. I know my productivity over the period was the worst for months. I was listless and lackadaisical. My thinking and mood, though, were slightly improved. 

I will likely not take this again (unless, on meditation on it, I realise I missed / mischaracterised some major positive benefit).

I will continue my previous prescription for productivity and mental enhancement:

- Fungi perfecti lion's mane capsules

- 4.2 mg of piracetm

- 8 mg of galantamine

- Exercise daily

Edited by Ben, 27 May 2017 - 12:39 AM.

#5 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Final summary:

The month I took nsi-189 was extremely unproductive. I am looking now at my work journal and that month is basically empty. Unfortunately I can't pin point one thing that caused this. Did anyone else experience a decline in productivity?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Hilgaren

• Registrant
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

I notice this to a degree when I take it. This also happens to me when I take adaptogenics for anxiety. Anything youre also taking that is anti anxiety could be potentially contributing as well. My guess is that the tasks that people feel lack of motivation for when taking these have at least one of anxiety/fear/stress as their primary motivators. See if you feel this for productive tasks that you don't get negative stress from and enjoy/feel satisfaction from completing and see if your motivation suddenly comes back for those tasks. Generally, the solution is to take with a mild stimulant to counteract it. You want to be feeling a little anxiety or stress at minimum. If you want to subscribe to this hypothesis you could also try to find more "positive" motivators to complete your tasks as well. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189, journal, diary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users