• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Society for Rescue of Aged Persons - Conference Tonigth 04/26/2017 @ 7:00 PM EST

society for rescue of aged persons - conference tonight

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 alc

• Validating/Suspended
  • 208 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

"

Dear Age-Reversal Supporter, 

Treatments may exist to systemically rejuvenate elderly people now.

Scientists have prepared and/or filed Investigational New Drug (IND) applications with the FDA to launch full-scale clinical trials. The goal is to validate age-reversal in groups of 30-50 people.

"

The Society for Rescue of Aged Persons is a group of like-minded individuals that seeks to accelerate age-reversal research. 

The group will hold scheduled conference calls whereby information is disseminated about participating in age-reversal studies, self-experimentation, investing/donating to specific projects, and raising public awareness.  

Tonight at 7 PM EST I am hosting a live webinar that will update you about certain age-reversal research projects and the new Society for Rescue of Aged Persons.

Here is your link to access the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/288166975

If you receive a pop-up after clicking the link above, simply approve by clicking "Allow", "Open", "Download", or other such acknowledgement. 

You can also dial in to listen via phone: 
     Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
     Webinar ID: 288 166 975

If you're using your mobile device, you may need to download the "Zoom Meetings" app before the presentation begins.

This webinar will begin tonight (April 26th) at 7 PM EST. Please join 5-10 minutes early to be logged in, as I will be starting the presentation at 7 PM EST. 

For longer life,

William Faloon

"

• Informative x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

I was unaware of this group until now. It looks like a decent effort at accelerating clinical trials. Is anyone participating in the trials: http://www.rescueelderly.org/studies

• Informative x 1

#3 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

I like Bill Falloon -- lots of great YouTube speeches. Perhaps he'd be a good one for you to interview for a longecity podcast?

Here's more:

Scientists are formalizing clinical trials aimed at reversing aging in people. Some studies are now beginning.

Funding has been secured for some of these studies.

The costs of certain projects, however, will require them to be self-funded. In these cases, each study subject will have to pay their portion of expenses of being part of the study.  

The dasatinib/quercetin study of senolytics therapy will commence shortly and funding was provided by a long-time Life Extension® supporter. It is now fully enrolled.

The NAD+ infusion has commenced and funding has been secured to cover 100% of this study’s cost. This study is fully enrolled.

The GDF11 trial is planned to initiate in Nassau, Bahamas around October of this year and will require each study participant to self-fund $7,800 for one year’s treatment, which includes costs of extensive clinical and biomarker measurements.

The rapamycin study that aims to clear aged cells of toxic debris will be based in Long Island, New York. Funding has been secured to cover 100% of this study’s cost. The primary cost of this and some other studies are the extensive clinical and biomarker measures that must be done to assess if biological age reversal is occurring.

A clinical trial studying the immunomodulatory properties and cost-effectiveness of mesenchymal stem cells as an alternative treatment for chronic autoimmune conditions is commencing.  The trial begins with rheumatoid arthritis (1st study in series), followed by inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease (2nd study in series) and ulcerative colitis (3rd study in series). Individual treatment costs will vary depending upon the severity and progression of the disease, number of treatments required, and autologous stem cell yields.

The thymus regeneration study will be based in California but is available nationwide. The cost to participate in a one-year trial will be a maximum of $28,000, which includes medications, MRI scans of the thymus (optional), and high-tech monitoring of immune status. The expected re-growth of the thymus gland (based on preliminary results from a 10-patient pilot study) may provide immune restoration benefits that may last for decades. 

Young plasma transfer studies (also called Therapeutic Plasma Exchange) will initially be conducted at several sites in Florida, North Carolina, Colorado and Southern California. We anticipate more sites in the U.S. later this year.  Two treatment protocols will be offered, one using 5% albumin and immunoglobulins (plasma components derived from young donors), and the other using directed/designated young donor plasma. Comprehensive testing, including early detection testing for Alzheimer’s and immunosenescence markers will be offered in both protocols. The expected cost for six infusions of Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE) including comprehensive measurements of possible efficacy is estimated at $50,000.  We anticipate follow-on protocols which may provide six initial transfusions followed by 12 monthly partial transfusions. This study incorporates participation of your Primary Care Physician (PCP) to document medical history and track the long-term effects of treatment.

The most expensive of all these studies will be infusing stem cell-mobilized young plasma concentrates each month into elderly people over a one-year period. We have reason to believe this study may induce the most meaningful systemic rejuvenating effects. It is the most expensive of these studies because it requires the recruitment of healthy young donors who will have their stem cells mobilized from their bone marrow followed by an apheresis procedure(s) to remove their stem cell-mobilized blood.

This stem-cell mobilized blood removed from the young donor will be separated and the enriched plasma that will be infused monthly into elderly individuals. This stem cell-mobilized young plasma study will be based in South Florida. Due to high setup costs, we need those who enroll in this study to commit to remaining in it for two years and be available for follow-up evaluations.

Those who self-fund and/or participate in these clinical trials will be making an invaluable contribution to medical science, in addition to potentially growing biologically younger. There is published evidence to substantiate the rejuvenating potential of each of these human studies.

To move this research forward, we need to know which of these studies you would like to participate in. Below are summaries of each study and what the annual cost will be. The cost of travel and lodging expenses related to these studies is not included. Note that some studies are short in duration, so you may be able to participate in more than one.   

Dasatinib/Quercetin (senolytic)
Cost to participate: -0-
(Recruitment complete)

NAD+ Infusion (sirtuin activator/ DNA repair)
(Recruitment complete)
Time at clinic: 8 days (with clinical/biomarker follow-ups)

Rapamycin (mTOR suppressor/autophagy inducer)
20 or more study subjects
Time at clinic: 1 day (plus clinical/biomarker follow-ups)

GDF11 Restoration
Cost to participate: $7,800 for one year (lower cost after first year)
60 study subjects
Time at clinic: 2 days (with follow-ups at 3 and 12 months)

Thymus Regeneration (partial immune restoration)
Cost to participate: $28,000 for one year (no further treatment anticipated)
50 study subjects
Time at clinic: 1 day (with follow-ups at 9 and 12 months)

Young Plasma Transfer/Apheresis
Cost to participate: $50,000 for six consecutive infusions (protocols with extended treatment durations will cost more).
100 study subjects
Location: Your primary care physician’s office.  Multiple U.S. sites in North and South Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, San Diego initially; more U.S sites to be announced.   
Time at clinic: 1 day initial visit and then one day for each infusion over six week course with follow-up visits to measure results)

Stem cell-mobilized Young Plasma Infusions
Cost to participate:  To be Determined
60 study subjects
Time at clinic: 1 day treatment each month (with follow-up measures)

Mesenchymal Stem Cells (for autoimmune conditions)
Cost to participate: depends on diagnosis
100 study subjects
Time at clinic: depends on diagnosis

If you wish to participate in one or more of these studies, please visit the following web page, and complete the form, checking the boxes next to the studies that are of interest to you:

http://www.rescueelderly.org/studies

• Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

Hello Mind and sthira. I've been meeting with Bill recently and am impressed with his efforts to get these particular trials underway immediately. I've signed up to participate in several of them (I don't meet the preconditions for some).

Trying to verify some of these extremely promising interventions seems like an excellent focus for the coming few years for those interested in fighting aging. The pay-off could actually be months, not years, away.

I suggest joining http://www.rescueelderly.org/ and seeing whether you might be able help move the overall effort along.

Brian

Edited by brianmdelaney, 24 July 2017 - 10:59 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#5 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

I was unaware of this group until now. It looks like a decent effort at accelerating clinical trials. Is anyone participating in the trials: http://www.rescueelderly.org/studies

I'm starting a six-day course of NAD infusions tomorrow. Very exciting!

#6 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

I was unaware of this group until now. It looks like a decent effort at accelerating clinical trials. Is anyone participating in the trials: http://www.rescueelderly.org/studies

Very cool! Congratulations! Will you keep us updated here on your experience?
  • like x 1

#7 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Sthira,

Yes, of course! (Had to be put off a day, so starting tomorrow, Tuesday.)

Brian

• like x 1

#8 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Everything went smoothly. It was much easier than I thought it would be.

I'm still waiting for late-manifesting effects. I'll post a summary (or link to an article about the experience) when all the data is in.

• Informative x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#9 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

I'm still waiting for late-manifesting effects. I'll post a summary (or link to an article about the experience) when all the data is in.

Hey Brian, any news here?

Edited by sthira, 05 October 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#10 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Ongoing watch of this LEF group:

http://www.rescueelders.org/research/

"Preliminary reports indicate old people receiving young plasma alone may be deriving benefits.

"We think we can do much better by carefully selecting young individuals and mobilizing their bone marrow with a drug proven to promote the release of huge numbers of stem cells.

"The protocol is to create a plasma concentrate from these young donors that will have the full complement of proteins (like GDF11), hormones, and, most importantly, paracrine factors secreted by the mobilized stem cells. (We will not be putting stem cells into older people, as this could induce serious side effects.)

"Healthy young donors are being recruited to provide the stem cell-mobilized plasma concentrates that will be infused into elderly people.

"With FDA approval in hand, it’s time to move this clinical trial forward."

I was unaware of this group until now. It looks like a decent effort at accelerating clinical trials. Is anyone participating in the trials: http://www.rescueelderly.org/studies

How ya doing, Brian?

• Informative x 1

#11 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Pardon belated reply!

Unfortunately, some of the blood samples were not handled properly, so I don't have the interesting before-after comparisons I was hoping I'd have.

I believe, with increasing strength, that reporting of personal testimony about "soft data" resulting from self-experimentation (aside from things on the order of "I grew a third ear!") does more harm than good, so I'll stop here about any benefits.

Little harm will be done, however, by noting that I experienced no adverse events or –aside from the universally noted sense of chest-tightening when the dose gets to a certain level – side-effects whatsoever.

We will have hard data at some point in December (or so), though.

Next up for me, among Society for the Rescue of Our Elders protocols: d+q.

Taking a one-time dose of dasatinib and quercetin tomorrow. Here, the self-reporting of adverse advents has certainly been helpful! No one has gone into anaphylactic shock, but I understand there have been a few mild allergic reactions. Will park in emergency room parking lot with note explaining what I've done on passenger seat, take the dose, then work on my laptop until the (relatively!) high danger (minimal though it be) period passes.

Brian

#12 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

P.S. The hospital is only a few blocks from me, so this is less extreme a measure than it might appear.

Just got home (one hour post-dosing). No problems at all.

#13 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Excellent information Brian,

Thanks. Was your lack of meeting some preconditions due to being younger than the trials asked for? Not reporting soft data could be very wise.

You mention some reported mild allergic reactions to D & Q. Some have reported way beyond that, Shingles, but I have not seen any follow up by them with their opinion or medical confirmation, but I might have missed it. (It is one of the reasons that I have delayed my eventual trial which I already prepared for.) I am comfortable with there being many dosing regimens reported for D & Q, that I already have a general idea of what I will do, but can you share your dosing?

Thanks again.

#14 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'm happy you didn't grow a third ear, Brian. That's awesome news. Although three ears, I don't know, personally that might be kinda nice.

What amount of dasatinib to you take?

#15 YOLF

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

I'm happy you didn't grow a third ear, Brian. That's awesome news. Although three ears, I don't know, personally that might be kinda nice.

What amount of dasatinib to you take?

And Quercetin? That could be important. 

#16 brianmdelaney

• 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

I took:

300 mg dasatinib

3000 mg quercetin

You mention some reported mild allergic reactions to D & Q. Some have reported way beyond that ...

Ah, thanks for the info! (I've been limiting myself to reports only from certain quarters, and only from people using conservative dosing protocols – I should look around more widely.)

By the way, this was, for me, easily tolerated. But I did get the classic fever (spiked at 38.7 ºC) and chills starting around Hour 12 (post-dosing). Was fine Monday (day after), and have been fine since.

Brian

P.S. Pardon lack of forum threading hygiene. Swamped with Rescue Elders work. If a moderator wants to move my d+q posts to the right thread, I certainly won't be offended.

• Informative x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users