- - - - -

Ordering Niagen (and other supplements) During the Summer

niagen nicotinamide

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 somejerk

• 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

The time has come for me to place another order of nicotinamide riboside, however I am concerned about the potential for heat degradation given that we are approaching the warmer months, and the product might end up sitting in a hot delivery vehicle for an amount of time during the delivery process. What sort of consideration do you folks usually give to this, if any? I was unable to find any specific information about the effects of heat on nicotinamide riboside specifically.

Thanks for any information!

#2 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

I saw this posted on a comment on amazon - seems accurate and relevant to your question:

In the FDA review of Niagen they found after 11 months at 104 degrees and 75% humidity, purity drops from 99% to 92%.

You can find the results on page 18 of  

fda.gov /downloads/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/GRAS/NoticeInventory/ucm505226.pdf

Edited by able, 01 May 2017 - 03:54 AM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 somejerk

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

I saw this posted on a comment on amazon - seems accurate and relevant to your question:

In the FDA review of Niagen they found after 11 months at 104 degrees and 75% humidity, purity drops from 99% to 92%.

You can find the results on page 18 of  

fda.gov /downloads/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/GRAS/NoticeInventory/ucm505226.pdf

WOW. I was not expecting such a specific and well-documented answer. This makes me feel much better. THANK YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users