Brain fog after eating taco salad

brain fog

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

Today is Cinco de Mayo and free taco salad was served at work during lunch time. Huge brain fog now and can't concentrate at work. I'm no stranger to taco salads or overeating and can't remember brain fog as bad as this. The ingredients I noticed while it was served: corn chips, beef, beens, salad, onions, guacamole, salsa. I had hot green tea afterwards, but it didn't help.
There was no change to my daily supplements.
Any ideas why?

Edited by jack black, 05 May 2017 - 08:32 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:58 AM

Salads are filled with toxic pesticides. I know this all too well. The local salads I buy always gives me sensitive nipples (phytoestrogen) and weird saliva buildup (I get from allergic reactions too), even if I wash them thoroughly.

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

It sounds like you were suffering from a temporary condition known as "the itis."
  • like x 1

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

I doubt they pay much attention to the quality of ingredients in the taco salads at work.

#5 jack black

• Topic Starter
  • 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

It sounds like you were suffering from a temporary condition known as "the itis."

You might be right, but it was much worse than usually. and it was not just sleepiness. It was very sluggish brain, I was trying to read and had difficulties understanding what i was reading.

I'm known to be very sleepy after high protein breakfast (like eggs) and hence i avoid it. It's a completely different reaction.

High carbs meals also make me a bit sleepy and hence i avoid it, too, but it's qualitatively a different feeling either.

maybe the combination of carbs and proteins was what was different?

I looked up the itis (that term is news to me) and looks like there could be several different mechanisms responsible for it: https://en.wikipedia...dial_somnolence

Edited by jack black, 07 May 2017 - 04:41 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 jack black

• Topic Starter
  • 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:43 PM

Salads are filled with toxic pesticides. I know this all too well. The local salads I buy always gives me sensitive nipples (phytoestrogen) and weird saliva buildup (I get from allergic reactions too), even if I wash them thoroughly.

no, it's not that, unless that specific salad was extra bad. i eat lots of salad, and my favorite breakfast that makes me least tired is salad with fish, olive oil, cheese, and jalopenos.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users