Addressing symptomatic issues

nootropics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Poseidon

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hi, long time lurker here, I was just wondering what the consensus is regarding the best in-class drug for various categories.

Essentially, my symptoms boil down to the following:

Tinnitus and visual snow

Neuropathy, joint pains and muscle aches

Brain fog, fatigue, lack of motivation

Having a feeling of being in your head more than the real world (antisocial, introverted autistic behaviour)

Depression, anhedonia

I believe all are caused by inflammation, as they mimic the symptoms of other autoimmune disorders. I believe increasing BDNF expression in the brain, particularly the hippocampus, would solve most of the issues that obviously have to do with the brain. Increasing acetylcholine signalling could also be a step to take.

Physically, I am unsure of the degree that I can be healed, such as in the case of nerve damage, but I am sure that if inflammation passes, being young, my muscles will heal. If anybody knows about the potential to treat neuropathy I would be extremely grateful!

Finally, in terms of tinnitus and visual snow, it depends on what causes them. In my case, neither seem to be the fault of the eye/ear, but more the nervous system signalling that takes place after capturing the sensory information. Increased NGF expression could possibly treat this, however it might be the case that tinnitus and visual snow are caused by excitoxicity from glutamate receptor overstimulation, in which case something along the lines of an NMDA receptor antagonist would be applicable.

Essentially, I have the following questions for the "experts" on this forum, who, compared to the doctors I've seen, truly are experts.

1. What is the most effective way to treat excitoxicity, and the most effective drug(s) to do so (Memantine?).

2. What is the most effective drug to increase acetylcholine signalling in the brain (Piracetam?).

3. What is the most effective drug to increase BDNF expression in the brain (Semax?).

4. If separate to 3., what is the most effective drug to increase NGF.

5. What is the most effective way to treat neuropathy, and if it involves drugs, which?

Thank you all so much, I've suffered for so long as have many on this forum no doubt, and I just want a chance to live my life, as at the current rate I'm probably going to kill myself.

Poseidon

EDIT: oh, also, if there's anything I've failed to consider of course I'd appreciate being told!

Edited by Poseidon, 20 May 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#2 Poseidon

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

Bump

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

First I would give PEA a try, at worst it isn't going to make any damage.

https://en.wikipedia...oylethanolamide

Peapure by JP Russell Science Ltd (Netherlands) would likely be the best choice.

Hormones tested?

Age?

Symptoms since?

#4 Poseidon

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Hormones have been tested and it's all fine, age is 18, and have had symptoms for two years

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Poseidon

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

Bump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users