• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

To increase energy: what foods to avoid early in the day?

nutrition early day food evening food

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 k4ir0s

• 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

I assume that my meals should mostly consist of protein, fats and natural sugars in the first half of the day. With carbs (because insulin spike & crash) and fiber late in the day. Are these assumptions correct?

Foods I usually eat before 5pm: eggs, sausage, beans, nuts, fruit, dark chocolate and sometimes 12 grain bagels (despite the carbs..)

After 5pm: beef, chicken, brown rice, veggies, pizza, burgers, nuts, fruit, bagels.

Are there any changes that I can make to increase energy? My diet could be healthier, but my focus is on gaining weight and muscle which is why I eat so much high calorie foods.

Edited by k4ir0s, 31 May 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

I assume that my meals should mostly consist of protein, fats and natural sugars in the first half of the day. With carbs (because insulin spike & crash) and fiber late in the day. Are these assumptions correct?

Sort of...

It depends by the goals and lifestyle.

Insulin spikes leads to crashes of energy that might be undesirable before training or when steady energy is required, in the other hand if one trains in the morning and aims to maximize gains carbs and relative insulin spike should follow in despite of the energy crash that might affect later hours.

I can't see any reasons why an healthy diet can't be employed when the goal is gains, eat buffalo steaks instead of sausages and burgers, include seafood, get rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots or pumpkin instead of bagels and pizza, for example, in order to shift toward an healthier alternative.

Coconut oil is a good source of long lasting energy, olive oil, red palm oil, Irish butter are all healthy fats loaded with energy.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nutrition, early day food, evening food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users