Methylene blue homemade skin cream?

methylene blue topical skin care

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#31 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:38 AM

Here distilled water comes in 2 liters bottles, I add 1 drop of methylene blue solution 1%, now I have 2 liters of methylene blue at the right concentration to be used as topical.

Pour the desired amount in a container (60ml will last about 30 days at twice a day use) and leave alone the rest in its bottle for later use.

Add to the 60ml solution 0.6g hyaluronic acid powder in order to obtain a hyaluronic acid gel or about one scarce tea spoon of granular soy lecithin and blend with an immersion blender for about 2 minutes in order to get a liposomal cream.

The amount of granular soy lecithin doesn't have to be exact, less yields a more watery cream while more yields a denser cream, if too watery you can add more lecithin and blend again, if too dense add more methylene blue solution and blend again.

If you don't care about liposomes or don't have an immersion blender just stir and wait until the granules are fully melted (it might take a while).

My suggestion is to aim for a consistency just dense enough to not be too runny for an easy application, too dense is kind of messy and takes longer to get absorbed.

• Informative x 3

#32 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

"......about one scarce tea spoon of granular soy lecithin and blend with an immersion blender for about 2 minutes in order to get a liposomal cream......"

Liposomes...great suggestion.   I will mix the lecithin with the water in a sonic bath.

Edited by happy lemon, 14 June 2017 - 12:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

I made my own MB cream in January with Niacin and Aloe Vera Powder. I used a 100 gram cream of Rose Hip cream, then added 10 mg of MB and 1 gram of Aloe Vera and 1 gram of Niacin.

I stopped using it because my facial hair started to grow thicker, it was not very nice to see that thin, thin facial hair began to grow thicker.

I think that in part is due to my genetics (I do the same if I apply LLLT to my face) and the adaptation that occurs due to the ROS, as we know MB works not identically but if similar to LLLT as an hormetic Response.

However on the positive side, my skin started to look... (I don't know how to say it in english).... softer?
I felt my skin more stretched and soft by that time and obviously less skin irritation.

I will strat using this cream in my hands to see what happens.

Edited by BieraK, 30 August 2017 - 09:22 PM.

• Informative x 2

#34 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

Here I attached some images of the cream.
Maybe if I do a less blue version, that is to say with less amount of MB I could avoid the side effects in facil hair growth, at that time I assumed that using 10 mg in 100 grams would give me a low dose of MB of topical use... unfortunately I do not know how to perform the correct calculations :P.

Someone could tell me how I can make a cream with 0.5-1.0μM MB using a 100 gram Rose Hip cream? I have USP MB Powder, like 15 grams left.

Attached Files

Edited by BieraK, 30 August 2017 - 09:20 PM.

• Cheerful x 1

#35 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

50mg MB in 100ml water, 1drop of that in 100g cream.

Cream's blue tinge should be almost none.

• Informative x 1

#36 Rusty Shackelford

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

50mg MB in 100ml water, 1drop of that in 100g cream.

Cream's blue tinge should be almost none.

What would be the calculation if I have 0,5 mg MB per drop in an existing solution :)?

#37 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

That is a 1% solution, 1 drop in 2kg cream.

Or 1 drop in 20 drops of water (1ml) and 1 drop of that in 100g cream.

• Informative x 1

#38 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

I had mixed about 60mg of USP grade methylene blue in about 100ml of distilled water, put in a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid to facilitate penetration into the skin, and put all this in a shoulder length veterinary examination glove. I washed my arm to remove superficial oils, and soaked my arm in the glove for a " good many hours."
I was disappointed that the penetration into the skin was very superficial judging by the blue staining. It seemed to have an affinity for dead skin and my nails. After weeks, there were no changes in the skin when compared to my control, my other arm. I may try again with only EtOH as a solvent, since this is supposed to facilitate better penetration of the skin's uppermost layers.

Edited by The Capybara, 31 August 2017 - 10:49 PM.

#39 four_five_one

• 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

That is a 1% solution, 1 drop in 2kg cream.

Or 1 drop in 20 drops of water (1ml) and 1 drop of that in 100g cream.

I bought some methylene blue to try for its purported effects on mitochondria. My face feels dry & tired all the time so I'm also going to add some to my usual moisturizer and see if it helps. If I've already made the two liter solution as you describe above & want to add that to an existing cream, should I just mix 1ml of that per 1g of cream to keep the solution at around the same level? If it seems helpful after a few weeks I'll probably make some soy lecithin cream per your suggestion.

Edited by four_five_one, 04 September 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#40 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

The 2 liter water as I suggested is already at the right MB percentage, if you mix 1ml of that to 1g of cream the percentage will be half of what suggested and it might well be too low, for that use add 1 more drop of 1% MB to the water.

Try first with a very tiny amount since not necessarily all creams will blend easily with water.

For the soy lecithin MB water should be as suggested (1 drop 1% MB in 2 liters).

• Informative x 1

#41 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

I heard in other threads that one can remove the blue color of methyl blue by adding Vitamin C to it. Is this an urban legend or a genuine fact? Reports of it turning white or pale yellow make me wonder. I have gel tabs of liposomal Vitamin C in high dosage and was thinking of mixing a drop of methyl blue to the emptied content of one such gel capsule. I'd be interested in your thoughts as to whether once the color is neutralized if this indeed is effective, whether it could be a dangerously high dose to use that drop of methyl blue in a 7 ounce mixture of hyaluronic acid cream?

Thanks for your helpful advice

DD

#42 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

See my post 10, more isn't better, actually more leads to undesirable outcomes.

At proper dosage staining isn't an issue whatsoever.

You really have to leave that bad habit of yours of overdosing things....:)

• Informative x 1

#43 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

You're quite right that I have a bad habit of overdosing, but it is due to two factors that are of course in no way valid excuses. First I noted that many maintenance protocols call for daily intake of many fairly weak supplements with little if any noteworthy effect. This makes me frustrated because of my other reason. I need to reverse aging fairly quickly for personal reasons. It is not for my own personal vanity, but due to other circumstances. Yes, guys you guessed, its to be able to pass the tests to become an astronaut. Actually it's kind of the same but doesn't involve space journeys lol.

In this instance, however, it was mostly to make the process simpler as I don't have multiple liter bottles of distilled water laying around. I may instead dilute the drop of methyl blue in say 10ml of saline solution and then take a drop of that to add to the cream blend? This ought to roughly give a non scientifically calculated fairly diluted tenure of methyl blue that wouldn't be deadly?

Yes, it's bro science at it's worst, when you have guys like me adding a touch of this to a tad of that, when dosages must be extremely minute and precisely calculated. So others here:  don't emulate my silly approach and listen to the experts. I dont' even listen to myself, since I post such questions here before doing anything stupid - at least when I realize that it might be the case, which unfortunately isn't always. Thanks for the helpful words of advice.

Cheers,

DD

• Cheerful x 1

#44 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

In this case you have to be quite accurate with dosing since as you can see in the linked study an higher concentration leads to the exact opposite outcome, therefore or you do it properly or it would be better leave it alone.

Anyway a bottle of distilled water costs few cents in any supermarket...

#45 Elkaer

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

what is the optimal dosing in regards to the study? i would like to make a spray with methalyne blue mixed with water at the correct amounts.

I have drops containing 0.5 mg of MB. how much will i have to dilute a drop to make the desired  solution?

(it is to put in a spray bottle and spray my face after showers and let it dry, and aply moisturizer after).

#46 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

When this thread first started I decided to see if I could successfully apply MB on a very dark pigmented spot on my leg. It was so dark that it was very noticeable despite being 5 mm large. I had it since I was in my forties(65 now) and had for many years applied aloe vera gel because I was worried that it would grow or turn into melanoma. Aloe Vera did not make the spot smaller or lighter.

A few months of daily MB has made a great difference. The spot is still there but has grown so light that it is hardly noticeable.

The way I went about it: I dipped a toothpick in a pot of USPgrade MB powder and stirred it into the Aloe Vera. After a day the MB was totally dissolved in the gel, turning it into a beautiful ultramarine blue gel.

I rubbed it on the spot every other day and covered it with a bandaid saturated with the MBgel. On the second day the skin had  absorbed all the MB, also that in the bandaid.

Three times now the pigmented spot has flaked off revealing every time a much lighter spot underneath. Though I can still discern the spot I doubt a casual observer would.

Because it is not totally gone I keep on applying the MB and of course I wonder if it will return if I stop.

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#47 Elkaer

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

MB on inflammation: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28963531

#48 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Three times now the pigmented spot has flaked off revealing every time a much lighter spot underneath.

Kojic acid will do a much better job.

#49 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Thanks again Aconite for setting me straight. I won't mess with Methyl Blue. I didn't grant sufficient concern to the dangers its experimental external use in a topical cream might present due to having a bottle I planned to use in intranasal ingestion. That is a very concentrated form of intake and is possibly far more dangerous than my prior readings led me to believe? I didn't go through with it and - despite being rather reckless - I wouldn't have before getting better informed or asking about it here. But it seems that folks have used Methyl Blue as a nasal spray without serious consequences. I will look into that again as it may be important to warn folks about its risks.

DD

#50 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

The dose makes the difference between poison and medicine.

• Good Point x 2

#51 RIURAO

• 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Hi all, 

Does anyones has any update or results?

I am planning to do a trial based on aconita cream and probably a 1mm. deep dermaroller.

I´ll keep you informed

#52 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

It isn't going to revolutionize your life but is cheap and easy enough to have a go, since it is an antibacterial works as a preservative for home made creams and gels as well. 

I suggest 1,5mm for dermarolling and a dermastamp as a better choice over dermaroll, less painfull to use and allows for more precision, easier to get a good quality item too.

#53 RIURAO

• 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

aconita, did you already give it a try ?

#54 YOLF

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

I have plenty of MB laying around:) and I have been using it orally for years.

The question I have is more how much to add to a cream to make it effective and safe.

Got pics?

How much younger do you look?

#55 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

aconita, did you already give it a try ?

Sure, I am using it since a few months.

#56 RIURAO

• 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Did you notice any appreciable change in term of elasticity, wrinkles or collagen?

#57 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

As I wrote isn't a life changer, I am using several other approaches in combination therefore isn't easy to tell but certainly is doing no harm and it is easy and cheap enough to give a try.

I doubt those kind of effects are likely to show up noticeably in a few months, miracles are maybe possible but not to be relied on too much .

• Good Point x 1

#58 RIURAO

• 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

As I wrote isn't a life changer, I am using several other approaches in combination therefore isn't easy to tell but certainly is doing no harm and it is easy and cheap enough to give a try.

I doubt those kind of effects are likely to show up noticeably in a few months, miracles are maybe possible but not to be relied on too much .

As mentioned in the original study , I remember they talked about a skin graft cultured for 8 weeks in MB, I guess that topical effect in let’s say ...2-3 hours self life in the organism would take probably 1 year to mimic the results.
What do you think ?

Edited by RIURAO, 18 October 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#59 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:33 AM

Possibly but rather hard to say since in vivo usually is quite different from in vitro, the underlying mechanism should still work (hopefully) but magnitude and time need direct experimentation in order to be assessed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 RIURAO

• 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

How long is it since you started?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: methylene blue, topical, skin care

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users