• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Ambrosia Plasma LLC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alc

• Validating/Suspended
  • 208 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

Below is the message sent today by Jesse Karmazin, MD to Gerontology Research Group discussion list.

I asked Jesse for the permission to post here his e-mail message here.

Below is the message verbatim:

"

Hi all,

I'm happy to report some initial, qualitative, subjective results from
our young plasma clinical trial.

We have treated an early-onset Alzheimer's disease patient, and
similarly to Alkahest's results, we have seen marked improvements in
daily functioning as self-reported from the patient. We are awaiting
confirmatory testing from neurology.

This is an initial, N of 1, subjective improvement; however, I have
never seen something like this before clinically.

Of course, this is still an experimental treatment.

Also, I have this new email address, as I lost access to my other one.
My cell phone number is still 650-714-3163, if you would like to call.

Thank you,
Jesse
www.ambrosiaplasma.com

"

If you are interested in participating in the study, or contact Jesse Karmazin, MD about this study please use the following:

jeskarmazinmd@gmail.com

phone:  650-714-3163

web site: http://www.ambrosiaplasma.com

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

https://www.ambrosiaplasma.com/

Our clinical trial studies the effects of infusions of young plasma.

• like x 1

#3 caliban

• 9,150 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

Questionable “Young Blood” Transfusions Offered in U.S. as Anti-Aging Remedy

A startup called Ambrosia will fill your veins with the blood of young people and empty your pockets of $8,000.

by Amy Maxmen  

https://www.technolo...i-aging-remedy/

For US$8,000 this start-up will fill your veins with the blood of young people
But they have no idea if it’ll have any benefits

http://www.scmp.com/...od-young-people

• WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

Very interesting at 30 would someone benefit much from this treatment?

#5 YOLF

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

It has understated risks imo. It's just a fast way to make some money from instant results, but it may lead to better, less risky technologies for later adopters. I'd stay away unless you really feel you need it. Otherwise, take some sage extract, centrophenoxine, and there's a bunch of other stuff that seems to work great in animals and conceivably in humans that will do better for the time being.

#6 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

Who here has tried it?

#7 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

You might recall that Ambrosia was founded to obtain human data on blood plasma transfusions between young and old individuals. There has been the standard grumbling about their efforts being a paid trial without controls, but if one is only concerned with the identification or ruling out of large and reliable effects, that gets the job done. When the necessary millions of dollars for formal studies cannot be found, as is often the case, then patient paid studies are a way to make some progress. If compelling enough results are produced, than it will be much easier to fund more rigorous efforts to quantify outcomes.

This recent commentary suggests that none of the results so far are either large enough or extensive enough to definitively be something other than the placebo effect, chance, or other items such as a patient making lifestyle changes. I think there is some skepticism regarding the potential effectiveness of transfusions of young blood in any case; the data is somewhat mixed, and underlying theory on what is going on still in flux. Recent research suggests that the effects observed in parabiosis studies of mice with joined circulatory systems are due to a dilution of harmful factors in old blood rather than a delivery of helpful factors from young blood, for example. If the case, that would mean that transfusions should produce very limited results at best. Still, obtaining data is the important thing, and that is what is being done here. Those complaining the loudest should put in the work to raise funds and run a study they way they would prefer to.

Older people who received transfusions of young blood plasma have shown improvements in biomarkers related to cancer, Alzheimer's disease and heart disease. Since August 2016, Ambrosia has been transfusing people aged 35 and older with plasma - the liquid component of blood - taken from people aged between 16 and 25. So far, 70 people have been treated, all of whom paid Ambrosia to be included in the study. The first results come from blood tests conducted before and a month after plasma treatment, and imply young blood transfusions may reduce the risk of several major diseases associated with ageing.

None of the people in the study had cancer at the time of treatment, however the Ambrosia team looked at the levels of certain proteins called carcinoembryonic antigens. These chemicals are found in the blood of healthy people at low concentrations, but in larger amounts these antigens can be a sign of having cancer. The team detected that the levels of carcinoembryonic antigens fell by around 20 per cent in the blood of people who received the treatment. However, there was no control group or placebo treatment in the study, and it isn't clear whether a 20 per cent reduction in these proteins is likely to affect someone's chances of developing cancer.

The team also saw a 10 per cent fall in blood cholesterol levels. "That was a surprise." This may help explain why a study by a different company last year found that heart health improved in old mice that were given blood from human teenagers. They also report a 20 per cent fall in the level of amyloids - a type of protein that forms sticky plaques in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. One participant, a 55-year-old man with early onset Alzheimer's, began to show improvements after one plasma treatment, and his doctors decided he could be allowed to drive a car again. An older woman with more advanced Alzheimer's is reportedly showing slow improvements, but her results have not been as dramatic.

Link: https://www.newscien...lzheimers-risk/

View the full article at FightAging

#8 caliban

• 9,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

https://www.ambrosiaplasma.com/

In compliance with the FDA announcement issued February 19, 2019, we have ceased patient treatments.

FDA

There is no proven clinical benefit

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#9 caliban

• 9,150 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02803554
Recruitment Status  : Completed

Last Update Posted  : May 11, 2018

results published...........?  :dry:

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1