• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Nicola New section: Reasons for rejuvenation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ImmInst

• Admin, Director robot
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

In the past few weeks, I’ve been working on a new section of Rejuvenaction: the Reasons for rejuvenation. As I said in that section, the motivation behind it is that this blog goes to great lengths to answer objections and concerns, but it had no dedicated section to explain why rejuvenation would be good. Newcomers, or people who aren’t on board yet, might well think that this idea needs a lot of defending while giving no reason to endorse it. I hope the new section will solve this problem.

As a side note, to prevent the horizontal menu from breaking down, the section Ageing and SENS has been moved under The problem of ageing. It’s a temporary arrangement, meaning—spoiler alert—that entire section too is due for a full rewriting, with a lot more science and a lot more details, plus a shorter summary, in the same style as those included in the Reasons for rejuvenation and Answers to objections sections. That’ll take a while, though. Other updates are underway too, and they’ll likely arrive sooner.

Additionally, I retouched a few answers to objections—most notably the everliving tyrants objection, which has been rewritten entirely—because some of my older articles used to have a far too condescending and inflammatory tone which was not only detrimental to the cause; I didn’t like it any more either. You know, I’m against growing old, not up. Hopefully those articles are better now, and further revisions are not out of the question.

Finally, you might have noticed that two new answers to objections have been added: the Ageing has its good sides objection, which dates a few weeks back already but I didn’t bother announcing, and the Living ‘forever’ would cause extreme risk aversion objection. Apparently, I never run out of objections and concerns to address. 

<br />

</div>

<script type='text/javascript'>
	ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_818781', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_818781', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '818781' }, parseInt('') );
</script>
				<div id='rate_content_818781' class='clearfix right rating_bar forums_rate_bar'>

</div>
<script type= ipb.contentRatings.registerRating( 'rate_content_818781', { app: 'forums', type: 'pid', content_id: '818781', forum_id: '106' } );

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users