• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Why do poppers snap me out of depressed dread feeling?

poppers dread depression feeling of dread

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 123apk

• 66 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

I use poppers a few times a week for sex. Contrary to popular belief they're not really for taking something hard up your bottom but are instead actually quite a nice, brief head and body high that gets you really focussed and into sex and makes it feel like Nirvana when you cum.

Anyway I occasionally get this feeling of horrible dread that comes over me. I've got this before I started with poppers and it's quite irrational and can happen at any time even when I'm sat in good surroundings at home and don't have anything to fear, it feels entirely related to brain chemistry.
One day I had it happen and I was home so decided I'd sniff some poppers to get a brief high and try and escape it for a bit anyway. Usually I'd either try to sleep or have alcohol but it was the middle of the day and I had stuff to do later. Anyway within a few seconds I had my poppers high, the dread was gone and the poppers wore off after about 5 minutes and the dread was still gone. It had been over me for hours but poppers made it completely go.

So now when I occasionally have this dread feeling I sniff them and it goes away. I have underlying social anxiety mixed with a mild depression sometimes.
I'm just wondering what mechanism would cause poppers to do this though? I know they restrict blood flow, maybe they ease blood flow to the amygdala which essentially stops this dread feeling which is perhaps triggered from there?
Anyone have any ideas, I want to understand it and figure if there's a better alternative to combatting it than this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poppers, dread, depression, feeling of dread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users