Kappa Opioid Receptors - Anhedonia

anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

As far as mental health is concerned, most mental disorders are fear/anxiety fueled, these are people who have their kappa opioid system upregulated due to trauma, abuse or genetics. Thus, these chemicals are invaluable to treat the entire pallete of mental disorders.

Tha kappa opioid network downregulates slowly, painfully slowly.

Stress causes KOR upregulation meaning KOR will push serotonin more to mediate its effects. The increased pushing of serotonin will downregulate serotonin signalling. This will diminish the increased effects from KOR upregulation. Homeostatis is once again restored and instead of a normal KOR and normal serotonin we have upgraded KOR and downgraded serotonin - a more tonicly(average) negative state with blunted affect(blunted amplitude) that is infact quite appropriate for a high stress environment.

addx - http://www.longecity...thdrawal/page-2

Endorphins decrease serotonin levels.

"Endorphin- and serotonine-metabolism are closely related, and opioid peptides can directly inhibit serotonine release. (23) Therefore, besides sleeplessness, opioid peptides can also cause depressions. In chronically depressed people, free endorphin level is 3 fold higher (24) (because part of endorphin receptors have been destroyed)"

youandme - http://www.longecity...ongevity/page-5

The only drugs that I have taken was MDMA once - 100mg and 3g of mushrooms. So this is not related to opioid addiction.

I have anhedonia along with sexual anhedonia. I also get no pleasure from food. I was thinking that the opioid receptors might be involved? Just don't know whether downregulated or upregulated. I was hoping that someone with more experience might be able to shed some light on the issue.

Questions:

1) How to confirm whether you have downregulated or upregulated of kappa opioid receptors? Dopamine and Serotonin are a little easier to confirm and I feel more comfortable playing with this system then the later.

2) I was thinking that if I do adjust both the dopamine and serotonin receptors that the opioid receptors overtime might start to effect the progress that had been made?

3) Should I mess with this system if one has anhedonia?

4) Does anyone have experience with this?

Edited by mfad, 26 June 2017 - 08:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anhedonia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users