Gelatin or collagen for cartilage?

cartilage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Great White7

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

I have been using collagen from bulk supplements for the last month or so, but my knee pain seems to be getting worse.

I am also using MSM/Glucos/chon as well.

Wondering if I should just use gelatin instead, as its easier to get in Australia.

Harder to mix up tho as the collagen easily dissolved in cool water.

I was using gelatin for a month before swapping over to collagen, and it did seem to give my joints a more lubricated feel.  Not much relief in pain from when I began, but a lot less pain than I am currently having.

Is there any "science" to suggest collagen is better than gelatin?

#2 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Take a look at this thread:  http://www.longecity...en-supplements/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Biocell might be a better choice.

#4 Great White7

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

Take a look at this thread:  http://www.longecity...en-supplements/

I couldnt find anything definitive there so thought I would ask again.

Mostly opinions IMO.

Biocell might be a better choice.

No Australian sellers, emailed them but no reply as yet.

#5 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:11 AM

Biocell comes under many brands, try "biocell collagen" in a search engine and you'll likely find a product available Down Under.

#6 Great White7

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Biocell comes under many brands, try "biocell collagen" in a search engine and you'll likely find a product available Down Under.

Its about $50 for a weeks worth of collagen (10g a day).

Is it better than other brands?

#7 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Biocell dosage is 1g/day.

Do your own research about it but yes, it seems better than other collagens according to research.

• Informative x 1

#8 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

I took Great Lakes Collagen for almost two years and recently, they had a Black Friday sale where you could buy an 8lb bag with free shipping plus get 20 single packets. I kept trying to get this deal but it would not give me the 20 free packet deal for free so I gave up in disgust. A few days later I decided to call them up and was told their software didn't allow them to automatically include this (I had never heard of this before) but the instruction how to get it was somewhere in the ad. The person told me that a number of people had the same problem I had and they decided that they would only honor it if you called them by Monday (I called them later in the week). The person also had the nerve to say that she hoped I would stay a customer. My answer was "not a chance in the world". What an attitude this company has. They're not doing me a favor by making a profit by selling me their product!

A few days ago, I received another email from them telling me that I had another opportunity to buy this same deal and it made sure I knew what to do to get the bonus. I knew exactly what to do - I deleted the email!!!

I'll never deal with a company that treats me (or other people if I were to hear they did) the way I was treated - would you? 

I bought some BioCell.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

Be wary of relying too heavily on collagen or gelatin products for too much of your protein intake. This can create a deficiency of the essential amino acid tryptophan as they lack it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cartilage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users