- - - - -

No interest in Astragalus anymore?

astragalus astragaloside iv telomeres

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aaaaaaal

• 94 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

I see most of the focus here has changed to C60 and NR.

Why the sudden dis-interest in Astragaloside IV? Couldn't Astragaloside IV potentially extend lifespan more than C60 or Nicotinamide Riboside?

Is Astragaloside IV still a supplement worth taking in the hope of extending lifespans?

Thanks  :)

#2 aaaaaaal

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

Sorry, I meant to post this in the supplements section. I didn't see there was a whole forum area dedicated to telomeres.  :unsure:

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Astragloside IV doesn't seem to have a "felt" effect. I am not sure about it. Cycloastragenol is a different thing, improves a lot of things.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

So far as I know, interest in C60 has waned considerably over the last year due to failed attempts to replicate the original study.

Astralagus is contentious as far as its effectiveness. I'm still not getting a clear answer on the effectiveness of cycloastragenol (a derivative of Astralagus) from anyone. It's far more expensive than epitalon but there's even less research on that.

#5 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

^cycloastragenol was superior to astaxanthin (and zexanthin or whatever it's called) and lutein for my 71 year old relative's declining eye sight. But it's simply too expensive to justify the purchase unless you're a millionaire or billionaire.

#6 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

You can use "astragalus root" or "extract of astragalus root" + chitosan. Chitosan increases the absorption of astragalosides 60 times. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...t=AbstractPlus 

• Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1

#7 immortal33

• Registrant
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

I just got Epitalon and Thymalin and I have a few questions to make sure I am going to do this right.

I am planning on taking 5mg daily of epitalon and 10mg daily of thymalin, both via IM injection.

I have 100mg vial of epitalon, 100mg vial of thymalin and 30mL bac water

I am planning on adding 5 mL of bac water to the epitalon vial and 5mL to the thymalin then doing .25mL via syringe of epitalon which should give me 5mg and .5mL thymalin which should give me the 10mg I want of thymalin.

1. Is this right so far procedurally? I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and these seem to be recommended doses
2. How do I store the vials once they are mixed with the bac water? In the fridge? freezer? room temp in cupboard? I will be using both within 10-20 days so I wont be storing them longer than that.
3. Should I do it on an empty stomach? After eating? Morning? Night?

Any other tips?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this and want to make sure its done right. Thanks!

#8 markmsb

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

I used to take Astragalus from time to time. I'm not sure what effects it had outiside immune boosting and energy because of the multiple supplements i've taken for the past several years. I did notice however it's best not to mix astragalus with any other supplements. It seemed to block absorption unless taken at least an hour away from any protein rich meal or any other supplement of any kind i have taken.

#9 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

Doesn’t Astragloside IV have a very poor oral bioavailability?. Would Cycloastragenol be the best option?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users