Lure Hsu, 41-year-old looks around half her age

lure hsu

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

Came across her recently and thought she looks great for her age. She's 41 years old, and just recently had a lot attention in Taiwanese Media for looking really young. Her sisters and mother also look pretty young. Just thought I'd share as I haven't seen anyone talk about her here. :)

http://www.odditycen...hful-looks.html

Attached File  Lure-Hsu.jpg   58.99KB   7 downloads

Edited by Matt, 03 July 2017 - 07:25 PM.

#2 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Hmm.. She doesn't look 40 at all. Good genes? We might not be hearing the full story. 

I read an interesting article with a plastic surgeon Dendy Engelman about celebs under the knife. He basically says if people look younger than their age usually they'd had something done. 

Read here: https://www.wmagazin...thing-actresses

With this Tai girl - who knows. I recently noticed physical changes in my looks (Now i've entered my 30s) which I wouldn't guess is down to lifestyle/diet as I'm fairly strict. It's just aging - things going wrong basically. If I take this slow change and I project into the future with my imagination I will look haggard by 40-43 (rough guess). Is that genes? Probably. Unless there is a magic potion people take I'm not aware of... 

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Faustina

• 15 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

They all look great and I am sure a lot of it must be down to genes and diet but I also think that a lot of women in that part of the world have extensive plastic surgery and can alter how they look dramatically with make up if you google asian women with and without make up its quite astonishing really. The fact that this woman and her sisters are all beautiful also helps!

Having a closer look the second and third images may have been altered and fillers look likely, but hell she look great!

#4 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:04 PM

I think genes are probably important here, but not the whole story either. I've looked a bit further to see what she's doing. I know in South Korea there is a lot of plastic surgery, but not ever woman or man has it.  I don't know how common it is in Taiwan. Anyway, she has never said she has had that done. Also, we do have someone on this forum who is just about to turn 50 but still appears in his mid to late 20s. It's not impossible to look very young, it's genetics and lifestyle combined which gives the best results. Eventually someone will adopt the right lifestyle and has both.

http://shopping.frid...icle/00531.html

http://www.dailymail...s-internet.html

She said she is a 'fan of the vegetarian diet'. Not sure this implies she is a vegetarian, but her diet is more focused around fruits and vegetables (which she says she gets a lot of). She always uses sunscreen, not just in the summer. Less stress, good sleep. She uses skincare products to moisturise her skin and also takes some supplements. So, her diet and lifestyle is in line with what we know will help us to stay young.

There are also videos of her online. I can see that some of her photos have these filters, but she still just looks like any 20 year something girl with filters on her photos. They can help make skin appear nicer, but clearly her skin is really in great condition.

Edited by Matt, 08 July 2017 - 08:09 PM.

• Agree x 1

#5 Faustina

• 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

I do agree that genes and lifestyle are important and really 41 isn't old for a woman who has not yet gone through the menopause but we are so used to seeing the damage decades of self abuse do to people that we are shocked when someone still looks fresh around 40. This woman is remarkable though. I'd certainly love to see her close up in the flesh and to find out her secrets!

Another things that occurs to me is dermaplanning which is another skin treatment popular with asian women and only just gaining popularity as a regular treatment here in the UK. I tried it myself prior to a facial peel and it did significantly boost my usual results.

I think it looks clear that she has the basics of a health life down and I do think that this is so key. I have a lot of girlfriends who spend a lot on expensive antiaging serums or treatments but smoke heavily or never apply sunscreen and all the extra stuff is a waste of time and money if your lifestyle is poor.

Anyway, thanks for posting this, its great to see someone getting it right!

Edited by Faustina, 09 July 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#6 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

How do we know she's 41? It could be a hoax. It's genetically impossible for a human to be that age and look 12 years old.

#7 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

The mother looks even younger:

https://www.boredpan...fay-sharon-hsu/

Though it's not clear in these photos which one is the mother.

#8 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

First of all, she has had a ton of plastic surgery which is very common with female celebrities in Asia (since it's cheaper and required).

Second of all, it's an Asian. All Asians age better than other races.

Case closed.

• Disagree x 1

#9 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

She has had plastic surgery? Do you have any proof of that at all?

"It" ?

Here she is in a video

And she is popular in her own country, Taiwan, for looking younger than her age. So, she's being compared to other Asians.

Edited by Matt, 12 November 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#10 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

I don't think she's had plastic surgery. Her face looks too naturally young. Plastic surgery always leaves tell-tale signs.

I think she's really only around 20, and that her sisters are around the same age.

Their mother looks that age too--if it is their mother. There's no way a real 63 year old woman would look that young.

If they are really the ages they say they are then I can't work out why they haven't been investigated by scientists if its true. I can't find anything online about them taking part in any scientific studies. The only stuff I can find on them are tabloid news reports on how young they look.

Edited by osris, 13 November 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#11 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Asians, especially Asian models, have surgery done to remove their Asian features like with the eyes and specific features of their skull like their wide jaw and the absent nose ridge (Asians tend to have a flat face with almost protruding eyes).

Very often they bleach their skin because dark color in Asia, especially China, is seen as lower class and dirty. All these surgeries and cosmetic enhancements are difficult to detect and are almost mandatory for models.

Add to that the fact that all Asians just look good for their age, maybe because of lower androgen, igf-1 and other grow factors that are known to accelerate aging?

Or maybe simply because the mutations which makes them look Asian also makes them look younger (hair is thin and has a shine, skin is almost yellow and also has a shine).

• Agree x 1

#12 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

That might be so generally, but with this family, I don’t think so. They look younger than old Asian women that have had plastic surgery. Also they have pubescent figures, which is hard to replicate surgically.

Does anyone know if they have been studied by scientists etc?

• Agree x 1

#13 YOLF

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hmm.. She doesn't look 40 at all. Good genes? We might not be hearing the full story. 

I read an interesting article with a plastic surgeon Dendy Engelman about celebs under the knife. He basically says if people look younger than their age usually they'd had something done. 

With this Tai girl - who knows. I recently noticed physical changes in my looks (Now i've entered my 30s) which I wouldn't guess is down to lifestyle/diet as I'm fairly strict. It's just aging - things going wrong basically. If I take this slow change and I project into the future with my imagination I will look haggard by 40-43 (rough guess). Is that genes? Probably. Unless there is a magic potion people take I'm not aware of... 

That's a very one sided statement, and while I might get something done, there's lots to be done w/o surgery. Surgery just gives faster results. People I've met who counted on surgeons for everything didn't look as good as people who used everything else first and then got plastic surgery. Plastic surgery doesn't last long if you aren't committed to lasting results or get the wrong plastic surgery.

Lot's of magic potions...

#14 YOLF

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

How long till they put a gene therapy for aging slower like an asian into a syringe? I bet almost all of us would travel to China or wherever else to get it. It'd be a blockbuster and iirc China is already using gene therapy in their medicine.

#15 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

That's a very one sided statement, and while I might get something done, there's lots to be done w/o surgery. Surgery just gives faster results. People I've met who counted on surgeons for everything didn't look as good as people who used everything else first and then got plastic surgery. Plastic surgery doesn't last long if you aren't committed to lasting results or get the wrong plastic surgery.

Lot's of magic potions...

Fair point. 

#16 YOLF

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

As I'm thinking about this type of thing it's very important to mention that youth preservation is a long term commitment. If you age with the wrong hormone profile, it will affect bone growth negatively, and while I imagine it is correctable with drugs like zoledronate(Reclast) post hormone balancing, it could take years to see results and reclast is a painful drug, and the most effective drugs/supplements are very often at least somewhat painful(FGFs and zoledronate), though absolutely worth it for the results in my experience. No pain, no gain in years.

Most importantly, we need potent age stoppers that people can afford when they're young if we want to see more people deciding to make these commitments.

Edited by YOLF, 13 November 2017 - 11:50 PM.

#17 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

A better quality video of her closer up 

#18 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

She doesn't look young for 41. You haven't seen a lot of 41 year old Asian women. You can clearly tell by her bone structure that she has entered menopause.

All East Asian women just look childish. It's genetic.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#19 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

Haha :laugh: I really have seen a lot of Asian women.  I think you're just being ridiculous now... 

And I'm sure it's partly genetic, as even her father looks 15-20 years younger than his age. 

But she also does all the things we know about: She has cut out meat, she eats lots of vegetables, protects her skin, eats light, exercises, and uses skincare products.  

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#20 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

Believer, with respect, I think you are totally wrong. She looks around 19. Most Asian women in their forties look it. If they all looked 19 then why is there all the fuss about this woman? What about all those haggard and wrinkled Asian peasants we see in charity appeals etc. 

I, personally, don't think she's more than 19, anyway. Where are the links to sites that tell us she has been verified as being over 40.

In the case of her mother, who is 63 and looks 17, I think she is really her younger sister. 

#21 YOLF

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Believer, with respect, I think you are totally wrong. She looks around 19. Most Asian women in their forties look it. If they all looked 19 then why is there all the fuss about this woman? What about all those haggard and wrinkled Asian peasants we see in charity appeals etc. 

I, personally, don't think she's more than 19, anyway. Where are the links to sites that tell us she has been verified as being over 40.

In the case of her mother, who is 63 and looks 17, I think she is really her younger sister. 

I think she's just well known in Taiwanese media and doesn't need verification. I'm almost positive if we were seeing her in person and could scrutinize that we'd find some evidence of her age, but perhaps it is hidden well with makeup. I know the japanese also practice visual kei, which is about ageless emotion. Their facial expressions are programmed to react w/o revealing their age and I think most asian women copy it to some extent if they know it or not. 

#22 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

But how can a 63 year old woman (the mother) look like, and have the physique of, a 19 year old?

Edited by osris, 15 November 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#23 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Her mother doesn't look 19.

Lure Hsu's sister is a celebrity in Taiwan, so they are well known.

youthful-taiwanese-woman-mother-sisters-

#24 osris

• 518 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

She still doesn't look 63, though.

Has any genetic research been done on the family at all?

#25 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

No, you're right, she doesn't. 

I'm not aware of any research being done on them. I've been trying to get a picture of the father because he looks really young as well... It was on a youtube video, but maybe it's been removed.

#26 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

The mother looks even younger:

https://www.boredpan...fay-sharon-hsu/

Though it's not clear in these photos which one is the mother.

Interesting.
The article said the key is water. That’s laughable.

#27 YOLF

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

Definitely not water alone, though getting adequate amounts of water will help you lower toxin levels, though it might also deplete other nutrients. But I suppose if you have a nutrient rich diet, or a fast enough metabolism to eat constantly, it can work out in your favor.

#28 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

Asian women all age well.

I had this Asian woman at my job yesterday. Was probably about 50 but looked around 33, and awesome tits. 

Edited by TheFountain, 02 December 2017 - 03:21 AM.

• Agree x 1

#29 enharmonics

• 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

Haha :laugh: I really have seen a lot of Asian women.  I think you're just being ridiculous now... 

And I'm sure it's partly genetic, as even her father looks 15-20 years younger than his age. 

But she also does all the things we know about: She has cut out meat, she eats lots of vegetables, protects her skin, eats light, exercises, and uses skincare products.  

While diet and lifestyle (exercise, etc) certainly play some part in the preservation/deterioration of your looks as you age, the most likely (and by "most likely" I mean "almost certain") explanation for the women in the pictures is at least one cosmetic surgery procedure, along with numerous treatments (botox, juvederm, etc), plus a copious amount of makeup.

It's likely that a lot of people here underestimate the effects makeup can have on a person's appearance. It's not uncommon for skilled application of makeup to result in someone looking like a totally different person:

makeuptransformations.jpg

72113ff030183c9cdf0660ec75f809d8--photo-

mkae4.jpg

And these are just some examples. Asian beauty products in particular are designed to present a "juvenile" (i.e. teenaged or childlike) visage (see Korean BB cream and other Korean skincare products in general).

Research does demonstrate that Asians (and Blacks) do age more "gracefully" relative to other ethnic groups, so there is some truth to the "conventional wisdom" about it:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4756870/

Skin aging is also associated with progressive atrophy of the dermis and changes in the architectural organization leading to folds and wrinkles.25 Asian and black skin has thicker and more compact dermis than white skin, with the thickness being proportional to the degree of pigmentation.26 This likely contributes to the lower incidence of facial rhytides in Asians and blacks. In addition, darker skin types are thought to have more cornified cell layers and greater lipid content compared to white stratum corneum.27,28

However, the disparity between the age and looks of these Asian women is simply too radical to be the result of pure lifestyle or other natural factors. They're either lying about their age or they're surgically/cosmetically altered. End of story.

• Disagree x 1

#30 YOLF

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

Honestly, some of these girls look better without the makeup and could probably benefit more from allergy diagnosis and supplements for complexion such as aspirin if they don't have any allergies (particularly corn allergies or food additive/coloring intolerances). Burdock root and polypodium are both great for complexion and antiaging also.

But the only thing that diminishes/reverses aging musculature is supplemental hormones, which I imagine if taken in combination with next gen rejuvenation treatments such as were recently announced by SENS, we would get fairly permanent improvements.

• Good Point x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users