- - - - -

Top Supplements for Asperger's?

aspergers

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

What are the top supplements for Asperger's Syndrome that will aid in reducing the behavior? Preferably linked to social anxiety and seeming slightly more normal. I often feel like I don't fit into social groupings and I lack the confidence to communicate well. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 25 July 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:38 AM

Often Asperger's and autism show hormonal imbalances, like low testosterone and DHT, I would first check that out,

There is a long list of supplements that might help, luteoline (paired with quercitine) and fish oil do come to mind, but nutrition (low carbs) and lifestyle do play a role too.

Heavy metals tends to be high top, maybe worth a check.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Often Asperger's and autism show hormonal imbalances, like low testosterone and DHT, I would first check that out,

There is a long list of supplements that might help, luteoline (paired with quercitine) and fish oil do come to mind, but nutrition (low carbs) and lifestyle do play a role too.

Heavy metals tends to be high top, maybe worth a check.

Oh interesting, yeah I started to show signs of it slightly after having mono, I lost a lot of weight with mono in high school and wasn't eating, that probably decreases a lot of chemicals in the body and creates imbalances. Then after that I got depression and wasn't really eating again. Before my mono I was fine though. 

Typically I think I have a high protein and low carb diet so I will fix that. Also I know some supplements detox the body from heavy metals. I know fish oil does help, lemon balm as well. I'll check out the other substances you listed and try to increase my testosterone and DHT. 

Thank you. 

#4 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Creatine raises DHT.

#5 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

based on my experience:

NAC, carnosine, vitB complex (with inositol), lithium.

then i add additional things based on specific symptoms/issues.

#6 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

based on my experience:

NAC, carnosine, vitB complex (with inositol), lithium.

then i add additional things based on specific symptoms/issues.

I hear a lot of good things about inositol. Lithium orotate is good as well. 

#7 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:40 AM

Creatine raises DHT.

According to 1 or 2 studies but in practice it doesn't really appear to do so, you certainly can't feel the dht being increased. And you definitely can feel dht when it's increased (systemically) because it's a powerful hormone.

• Agree x 1

#8 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Creatine raises DHT.

According to 1 or 2 studies but in practice it doesn't really appear to do so, you certainly can't feel the dht being increased. And you definitely can feel dht when it's increased (systemically) because it's a powerful hormone.

So how else can I raise DHT?

#9 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

It's not easy and most often require hormones like epiandrosterone or androsterone. The question is why you would want to do that. Even if it's true that autistic people have low dht, what does this correlation say? A dht deficiency certainly does not cause autistic traits. Maybe it would help since dht's metabolites are gaba agonists but that's a bizarre approach to treating yourself. You may as well use things that are legal and cheap to obtain.

Are you even sure you really have Asperger's? It's a highly misdiagnosed disease. It's one of those diagnoses popular with teenagers. Either schizoid or asperger's, but it's very obvious none of them have either.

Rather than thinking of how you can treat Asperger's, think of what your symptoms are and how you can treat those. If you don't know what your symptoms are then....

• Disagree x 1

#10 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

btw there are not really any supps to increase testosterone. The studies are either fraud or they're made in error. Testosterone increases dht so if you want to go the illegal route why not just buy injections?

• Agree x 1

#11 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Two things that have been on my list specifically to try for Asp symptoms are arachidonic acid and panax ginseng.  I got those recommendations off a Reddit thread a while back.  I've yet to try either, as I'm currently on other trials and have a few more ahead of them.  Here's the thread:

https://www.reddit.c...spergersautism/

#12 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

It's not easy and most often require hormones like epiandrosterone or androsterone. The question is why you would want to do that. Even if it's true that autistic people have low dht, what does this correlation say? A dht deficiency certainly does not cause autistic traits. Maybe it would help since dht's metabolites are gaba agonists but that's a bizarre approach to treating yourself. You may as well use things that are legal and cheap to obtain.

Are you even sure you really have Asperger's? It's a highly misdiagnosed disease. It's one of those diagnoses popular with teenagers. Either schizoid or asperger's, but it's very obvious none of them have either.

Rather than thinking of how you can treat Asperger's, think of what your symptoms are and how you can treat those. If you don't know what your symptoms are then....

Well I went to a doctor that specialized in it and he said it was his opinion that I do have it, however I should have got a second opinion. My symptom is anxiety. But yeah that is what I am trying to fix. I read DHT raises gaba and creatine raises DHT so I was looking into that.

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 30 July 2017 - 10:49 PM.

#13 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:46 PM

Two things that have been on my list specifically to try for Asp symptoms are arachidonic acid and panax ginseng.  I got those recommendations off a Reddit thread a while back.  I've yet to try either, as I'm currently on other trials and have a few more ahead of them.  Here's the thread:

https://www.reddit.c...spergersautism/

Thanks, I'll look into those, I noticed instranasal oxytocin on the site, I want to buy that. 

#14 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

Social anxiety is a really lousy reason to diagnose asperger's. There are tens of diseases that include social anxiety and other anxieties.

#15 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

Thumbs UP on the Inositol you mentioned earlier...  The peace of mind I get from it is remarkable.  

I use it for sleep, but it certainly doesn't make you drowsy.  Those pesky thought loops and obsessive thoughts just fade into the background, leaving a very tranquil state of mind.  

The OCD crowd take up to a dozen grams/day, but one gram gives me peace of mind throughout the night.  

One gram in the morning, on an empty stomach, another an hour before lunch and dinner, and a final dose before bed might be a good starting therapy.  

I've had no side effects whatsoever, but then I only take one gram per day an hour before bed. 

Best of Luck!  

• Agree x 1

#16 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Social anxiety is a really lousy reason to diagnose asperger's. There are tens of diseases that include social anxiety and other anxieties.

That wasn't the only reason for diagnosis. I had to take a bunch of tests. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

OMG just get some Boron already. Lugals iodine is a must with companion nutrients. Don't forget Vanadyl sulfate, that does loads for the mind.
You ain't getting enough, just use quarter dose if you don't know about nutrient pathways! Cool.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aspergers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users