• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Rash on face and chest - Should I stop taking NAC?

nac rash candida brain fog

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phileas Fogg

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hi,

I started taking NAC 3 days ago to hopefully help with brain fog, memory and concentration issues and other symptoms. I also have OCD and have read NAC can help with this as well. I've also read NAC can take a while to work, weeks or even months. I thought one possible cause of my symptoms may be a candida infection, so I've tried to cut down on carbs and also have been taking Tumeric and Ginger for several weeks. The day after I started the NAC I got a headache which has now gone but also a rash on my chest and face. Is this an allergic reaction to the NAC? Or possibly candida die off? If definatley seems related to the NAC but it's difficult to know if it's because it's working or if I'm having a bad reaction to it.

Any advice? Should I stop it?

Thanks.
Should have said before but the NAC dosage I've been taking is 600mg.

#2 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:08 AM

Are you taking ubiquinol by any chance? That gave me a rash.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:27 AM

You might quit the NAC for a week or two and then re-challenge with another dose to see if the symptoms return.  This would confirm the NAC was in fact the responsible agent.  

I've also read you are supposed to supplement Vitamin-C when you take NAC to help recycle glutathione and prevent possible kidney stone formation.  

I like low doses in everything I take, so 600mg/day (of NAC) sounds reasonable.  I take 500mg of Vitamin-C twice a day (total 1gm) as a rational amount of C. 

Interested to know how this turns out.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nac, rash, candida, brain fog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users