LEF Mix Refresh

supplements daily dose life extension vitamins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

All,

Curious if anyone is still taking this, and what do people think of the formula?

I'm back on the hunt for a good multi and this is near the top of the list of considerations. Haven't seen anything written about it in ages though.

#2 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:22 PM

Life Extension Mix and Booster (I think of them as a single two part formula) is still my favorite multi.  Been taking them for probably twenty years.  Unfortunately I forgot to save one of the old bottles of LEM and so didn't do a thorough comparison when the latest update was done.  The only thing that jumped out at me was the amount of calcium went up.  Not really a big deal for me since I adjust calcium and magnesium separately - I like to supplement with an overall equimolar ratio, roughly 5:3 mass basis.

Not perfect ... not a fan of some of the megadoses in the B vitamin category.  I actually take around half the recommended amounts of LEM and LEB (Health Booster) because of this.  I mainly take a multi for insurance against deficiencies.  This complicates things a bit because some of the other things I want more of so have to supplement separately.  The N-acetyl cysteine seems out of place ... I'm not at risk of deficiency the amino acids and see no reason to throw my amino acid balance out of whack by supplementing with just one.  If and when I want N-acetyl cysteine it's easy enough to take it on it separately.  There is an argument moreover for moderation in the sulfur-containing amino acids; some people even practice methionine restriction as a life extension protocol.  The B-12 is unbalanced because there are two active forms - methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin - and LEM contains only the former.  I'd much rather have smaller amounts of both than a megadose of just one.  I also regret that the tocotrienols were taken out of the Booster.  I think of vitamin E as a eight member family.  A small amount of some of the other trace minerals like vanadium and lithium would be an improvement.  For me, a multi is all about balance and making sure that I'm not missing anything in my imperfect diet.

I do really like the botanical extracts.  Berries, tea, cruciferous, etcetera.  There are too many of these to supplement them all separately so having them in the multi is a great convenience.  I also like that the formula is refreshed from time to time as new research become available because it reduces the need for me to constantly monitor ever-changing developments in the field.

Your thoughts?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements, daily dose, life extension, vitamins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users