• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Supplement Fueled Early Morning Autophagy/Mitophagy Blast Before Evening Re-Fueling

fasting r alpha lipoic acid nicotinamide riboside

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrkosh1

• 232 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:56 AM

The key to achieving a reduced rate or reversal of some portion of the aging process is far from clear cut. To truly cause radical rejuvenation, turning the clock back decades, will probably require some very advanced pharmaceuticals. However, even now, I cannot help but consider the possibility that the supplements available today combined with what we know about fasting, autophagy, and mitophagy could induce significant positive results. 

Here is what I've been doing. Every morning I take two capsules of nicotinamide riboside and one capsule of r alpha lipoic acid. When I can actually follow through (sometimes to boost my energy I feel the desire to eat) I then continue to fast until approximately sometime in the afternoon, until I haven't consumed any food (other than a little coffee sometimes with cream but no sugar) for 16+ hours. On the weekends, I have extended this fast up to 36 hours but more typically 20-24 hours. To lower my blood sugar and energy reserves to boost autophagy even more, I exercise during this time period: usually walking for miles on some errand. Then, later in the evening, I try to eat a high protein meal. 

My hope is that the supplementing and fasting will destroy bad cells and cellular components and then when I re-fuel the "better" cells (even marginally so) will reproduce. 

What other supplements would you recommend for such a morning autophagy/mitophagy blast? I'm considering adding ubiquinol due to a study on PubMed showing that when combined with ALA it boosted SIRT higher than with ALA alone. I'm also considering a source of sulforaphane. 

Here's another question. Do you think a 16 hour fast is too short to have any singificant boost to autophagy? What would be the best length of cycles between fasting and re-feeding to eliminate the most damaged cells and end up with the most healthy ones?

#2 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:14 AM

"Every morning I take two capsules of nicotinamide riboside and one capsule of r alpha lipoic acid."

Milligram content of each capsule?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 recon

• 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

The key to achieving a reduced rate or reversal of some portion of the aging process is far from clear cut. To truly cause radical rejuvenation, turning the clock back decades, will probably require some very advanced pharmaceuticals. However, even now, I cannot help but consider the possibility that the supplements available today combined with what we know about fasting, autophagy, and mitophagy could induce significant positive results.

Here is what I've been doing. Every morning I take two capsules of nicotinamide riboside and one capsule of r alpha lipoic acid. When I can actually follow through (sometimes to boost my energy I feel the desire to eat) I then continue to fast until approximately sometime in the afternoon, until I haven't consumed any food (other than a little coffee sometimes with cream but no sugar) for 16+ hours. On the weekends, I have extended this fast up to 36 hours but more typically 20-24 hours. To lower my blood sugar and energy reserves to boost autophagy even more, I exercise during this time period: usually walking for miles on some errand. Then, later in the evening, I try to eat a high protein meal.

My hope is that the supplementing and fasting will destroy bad cells and cellular components and then when I re-fuel the "better" cells (even marginally so) will reproduce.

What other supplements would you recommend for such a morning autophagy/mitophagy blast? I'm considering adding ubiquinol due to a study on PubMed showing that when combined with ALA it boosted SIRT higher than with ALA alone. I'm also considering a source of sulforaphane.

Here's another question. Do you think a 16 hour fast is too short to have any singificant boost to autophagy? What would be the best length of cycles between fasting and re-feeding to eliminate the most damaged cells and end up with the most healthy ones?

Why not the traditional sirtuin boosters like resveratrol and pterostilbene as well? Those have great activations.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasting, r alpha lipoic acid, nicotinamide riboside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users