Lowering Adrenaline?

hpa axis adrenaline hpa axis dysregulation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Does anyone know of a supplement or means to lower chronically high adrenaline?

I'm some time off of discontinuing long term use of a z-drug and I think I have some HPA axis dysregulation going on.  Horrible insomnia, anxiety, elevated BP, etc.

I'm doing exercise, meditation, CBT, etc. etc. but nothing seems to be breaking this lose. 

I did discover phosphatidylserine which can lower cortisol which does seemed to have helped, but it feels like the other side of the coin, adrenaline is elevated still. 

Anyone ever seen a supplement that will lower adrenaline?

#2 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

Agree with phosphatidyl serine.

Go easy on the exercise.  Get sufficient sleep and try going to bed by 10 or 11PM.

SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO: there is apparently some interaction between melatonin and cortisol so perhaps taking melatonin might be useful or PERHAPS epitalon (a peptide)  is worth looking into: 

RESULTS:

Epitalon was proven to significantly stimulate melatonin synthesis in senescent monkeys in the evening, thereby normalising the circadian rhythm of cortisol secretion.

http://www.nel.edu/2...Khavinson_w.pdf

NB: peptides may need to be taken via injection e.g. subcut.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Clonidine.

Well, it decreases norepinephrinergic tone and is HELLA sedating at least! Of course, NE is not Epinephrine, but it's close enough I say.

Give it a shot - rather effective against anxiety as well, has similar observable effects, but a completely different mode of action from the Z-drugs.

Obviously not a supplement, but it's what I think would work.

That, or super high-dose Magnesium-L-Threonate - the NMDA-antagonism from TRULY neuro-available magnesium is nothing to sneeze at - should put you to sleep and numb out just about every emotion you have. You don't get permanent DP/DR and emotional numbness from NMDA-antagonists like Memantine for nothin'!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hpa axis, adrenaline, hpa axis dysregulation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users