- - - - -

Taking Metformin For 6 Months

#metformin #lifespam #livinforever

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Martha A Castro N MD

• 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

I have been taking Metformin for 6 months, 500 mgs daily and I already notice positive geroprotector changes. Taking more than 500 mgs will be evaluated at 12 months. I am considering taking it for life in 2 years cycles resting the third year since research -for now- has proven no geroprotector effect after 2 years of daily intake. Taking more than 500 mgs when you are no diabetic could be toxic? I will increase my dosage next year to 750. 

Dr. Martha Andrea Castro Noriega, MD

Castro-schneider Global Medical Services

#2 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

What is geroprotector? I've taken it for 6 months although I'm not diabetic, 1500-2000mg daily. First I started to lose weight, then I started drinking and this positive effect also stopped. It gave me great bowel-movement every day but I've run out of Metformine 2 weeks ago. I know non-diabetics that are on antipsychotics that use Metformin to level out their blood-glucose, never heard or read (a study) that it can be a toxic drug.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:14 PM

I hate to sound rude, but why are you asking these questions if you are MD yourself? 

do you have a link to the research that has proven "no geroprotector effect after 2 years of daily intake?"

thanks.

Edited by jack black, 16 September 2017 - 10:14 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 kilomonk

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:32 PM

I see where you are a Medical Doctor and General Surgeon, specializing in difficult medical and clinical diagnostics with a subspecialization in Ischemic Cardiopathy. So I assume you didn't just happen upon Metformin from some magazine article. Can you provide any research links to your comments about your decision to cycle this - two years on, one off? Also, how did you measure these "positive geroprotector changes"? Are you taking other measures to slow aging? Do you have some before and after test results? Anything you can share would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users