• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Is there any stuff to help you getting tanned?

tan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sodraguy

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

I am going to Tanzania in 2 weeks and I would like to get tanned but I have a pale skin. I am a careful person so obviously I will put on sunscreen regularly.

I read a lot of things on Internet to help getting tanned:

- Astaxanthin (carotenoids, lutein)

- Melanotan 2

- Self tanner / spray tan

- Vitamin D

What do you think of that? Is it all bullshit or some of them can really help to get tanned?

#2 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Getting a lot of carotenoids do certainly help you appear to be slightly tanned or give a 'golden glow'. A long time ago I had like 6 weeks off work, and during that time I was consuming a crazy amount of foods packed with beta carotene, lutein, lycopene etc...  People thought I'd been on holiday in the sun. :)

According to some studies, these carotenoids make you appear more attractive to mates than an actual tan from the sun. Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with pale skin as long as it looks healthy.

Edited by Matt, 11 September 2017 - 12:36 AM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Christian Hunter

• 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

I've spent 6-figures and almost two decades testing nearly every legitimate supplement, pharmaceutical, and peptide that was purported to have nootropic, cosmetic, or longevity promoting properties.  I first tried melanotan 2 about 3 years ago  and can say, without reservation, it really works.  Even though I'd done a fair amount of research and was aware of the data to support claims of efficacy, until I tried it myself, it just seemed too good to be true.

So, melanotan can turn the skin of a pale person (who, after sun exposure, has never enjoyed anything better than a deep dark pink ) into a legitimate looking tan, and if you can actually tan in the sun, melanotan 2 can turn you into something closer to a Bain de Soleil model.

And yes, it is a pro-sexual.  

Downside, for me, is freckles.  I'm fairly fair, so at a moderate dose, I'll get a lot of new freckles, and the ones I had will get really dark. Upon cessation, the freckle situation returns pretty much to normal.

As an FYI, I don't sell, and am in no way involved with the sale or marketing of melanotan I/II (or any consumer health product for that matter).  Let me know if you have any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users