- - - - -

Vitamin D Issues-Please Help!

vitamins supplements vitamin d hypervitaminosis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Been taking 10000iu/daily to rectify a severe deficiency. Blood levels now 136ng/ml so I'm well over normal range. The theory would say I should just stop supplementation-but my question would be, are bloodstream levels of a vitamin equivalent to an oral dose, i.e., are there effects from the oral ingestion of a vitamin that differ from those from the vitamin already in circulation?

The reason I ask is I feel such incredible relief from brain fog, OCD, anxiety and depression from oral doses. I'm so terrified this will go away if I stop.

Thanks

Edited by experimenting, 14 September 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

136ng/ml for my taste would be too high the long run. But maybe inform yourself of others aiming for such high values:

https://www.healthri...zilian-dr.2248/

and applying their precautions, like avoiding anything with calcium, like dairy.

I would couple high D3 always with preformed vitamin A and K2 too. http://blog.choleste...th.com/2009/04/

Again, needs can be very individual, but found in my case a A to K ratio of at least 2:1 helped to get serum levels of A and D3 in the middle of normal range. Therefore better to also get serum retinol tested.

Personally I would definitely try to reduce your present dose gradually, and see at which level the beneficial effects cease. And than stay at slightly above that. With all other mentioned precautions implemented.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

I use k2 alongside. I'm happy to cease D3 to get my blood levels down IF there is no effect from doing so, i.e. there aren't beneficial effects derived specifically from an oral dose that one dose not derive from high blood levels.

Anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

i.e. there aren't beneficial effects derived specifically from an oral dose that one dose not derive from high blood levels.

The only additional effect of oral in my experience is, that you could reach such high blood levels in the first place. For example, when I go to a tropical beach each year for six weeks with 2x 2hrs in the sun in bathing-suits without sun-protection, and halving my D3 intake (usually 7.800 IU in average), my serum levels invariably drops down between 27-48 ng/ml (repeatedly tested).

Therefore with sun-shine alone and absolutely no supplementation, levels would be even lower. Therefore, at least in my experience, it wouldn't be possible to reach higher levels. That's the benefit of oral.

Edited by pamojja, 17 September 2017 - 02:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamins, supplements, vitamin d, hypervitaminosis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users