- - - - -

Looking Up Statistics Easily from Experience Reports

experience reports

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickthird

• 249 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:29 AM

I find that looking into anecdotal evidence online is really tedious as I don't care about most content of the experience reports. I just care about: does this substance help with X? what are the side effects?

I would love to be able to just search on a database for all the things that help with X ranked by the % of users with X that report an effect, for example. I am sure many of you sometimes want to look quickly for other statistics of a different nature: does it work for people your age, or your gender, or with your conditions, or when combined with something else.

Why isn't there a central resource where people can report their personal background (anonymously) and experiences in a standardized form (not in a long story format), enabling you to make custom queries?

To start with it would just be a website where you submit your background (Age: <0-200>, Gender: <male/female>, Health conditions:...), intervention (Piracetam, dosage <...>, for <time period>), and add categories (e.g. Analytical ability change: <much improved/.../.../much declined>, Total sleep time: <number>, Subjective well being: <1-10> etc). There is no need to define all the categories as the users add them iteratively, making this a relatively simple undertaking.

#2 jeffshek

• 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

I've been adding functionality of this to a free site I run on https://betterself.io

You can do the dashboard filtering and selection of your data which a lot of people find useful.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nickthird

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

I've been adding functionality of this to a free site I run on https://betterself.io

You can do the dashboard filtering and selection of your data which a lot of people find useful.

How many people do you have in the database?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experience reports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users