• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Morning dizzyness, derealization and brainfog. What is the root of the probleM?

morning dizzyness derealization brainfog

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

I figured out that high cortisol level could cause my symptoms: red face, brainfog and tiredness. I used ashvagandha and phosphatidylserine(before rhodiola rosea) and i think that worked out because i no longer have so often red face and brafing during the day was much less I quit energy drinks which i have drunk often because i know high caffeine doses usage cause high cortisol + it was a lot of sugar. and i got total caffeine tolerance so it made me tired. Nevertheless im still feeling depersonalized and foggy after waking up in the morning. Not always just after waking up but much more often after breakfast and when going to work. At nights, even if i drink caffeine or eat unhealthy food i always feel good. I was wondering if it was caused by diet but im not sure since this "night relieve" and i tested myself for lyme disaese but test showed only a bit higher IgG level IgM was normal.

What can i try to fight this morning derealization and brainfog?

#2 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

What bands were positive on your western blot? IgM will be elevated during initial illness onset, IgG may then elevate for longer lasting, or previous, infections. Doctors will often frame your results as a previous, no longer active, infection to curtail involvement in treating this. If you have a number of bands that were elevated this is certainly enough to warrant further investigation. I would have another test run with a 2 week run of a broad spectrum antibiotic such as minocycline or doxy, this will act as provocation for an immune response - often more bands will show up following this. You may also request a CD57 lymphocyte test, while not officially clinically validated it seems to be at least one potential highly correlated biomarker of the pathology.

What does your breakfast consist of? I would also eliminate all wheat, dairy, and sugar, and then see if that changes things. 

Edited by Infinite1, 21 September 2017 - 05:57 PM.

• WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

What bands were positive on your western blot? IgM will be elevated during initial illness onset, IgG may then elevate for longer lasting, or previous, infections. Doctors will often frame your results as a previous, no longer active, infection to curtail involvement in treating this. If you have a number of bands that were elevated this is certainly enough to warrant further investigation. I would have another test run with a 2 week run of a broad spectrum antibiotic such as minocycline or doxy, this will act as provocation for an immune response - often more bands will show up following this. You may also request a CD57 lymphocyte test, while not officially clinically validated it seems to be at least one potential highly correlated biomarker of the pathology.

What does your breakfast consist of? I would also eliminate all wheat, dairy, and sugar, and then see if that changes things. 

I gonna try to elimnate things you mentioned as it also came to my mind as a root of problem. My breakfasts are poorly nutritious so thats a good point.

IgG were positive - 29,68 RU/ml and all results upon 22 are positive. IgM was 7.55 RU/ml which is 2 times below "minus score" (all upon 22 are positive).

Test was taken 24 july 2017 so its pretty new.

I bought OMEGA-3 acids in capsules to fill gaps in my diet and also taking supplement which i have mentioned in the first post. Recently bought inositol and ginseng seem to not have procogntiive effects on me so i stopped supplementation. Are there any interesting subtances that may regulate neurotransmitters or to help make brain functioning normally after bad diet?

Also i noticed that dizzyness sometimes happens when i change body postion for example from sitting to walking and i also feel it while shopping and since i have much more intelectual demanding abilites than shopping it seems really weird to me(my blood pressure was tested and was normal, neurologits havent gave me useful info, i had EEG and results were in norm and got refferal for making brain scan but waiting time is super long where i live so its out of the question in my research now)

Edited by Grandmaster, 21 September 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#4 Infinite1

• 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:25 AM

I'm not sure precisely what the titres are for positive, negative, and unequivocal off the top of my head. If I'm understanding you, only 22 was stereo-positive... Might want to have another test after a cycle of antibiotics, otherwise you might be dealing with something else as well, 22 is probably the most probable of all bands for cross reactivity with other pathogens. 

Not sure about interesting substances, really if you think a bad diet is your root cause or a significant contributor, correcting this going forward would be the most obvious. A multivitamin, perhaps having some mineral supplementation. Not entirely sure what your gut health is like, if you have IBS you may instead be dealing with SIBO. Interestingly enough those with SIBO and also those with Lyme report sensitivities to wheat, dairy, and sugar, hence my interest in your typical breakfast. 

That said, you sound to be experiencing othostatic hypotension and post exertion exacerbation. This is anecdotally commonly reported in those with CFS as well as Lyme. I assume that this dizziness is correlated subjectively to a degree of fatigue-?

Lastly, in those with adrenal fatigue often there is a significant shift in diurnal cortisol, with attenuated levels in the AM.  

• Informative x 1

#5 static_void

• 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:04 PM

I have the same exact thing. In the morning I feel like a zombie, but closer to night I feel normal without any brainfog whatsoever.

My diet is relatively good and I also do aerobic exercise 3 times a week.

Blood levels showed no signs of deficiency or elevation apart from bilirubin to which my doctor made a comment that it was most likely due to dehydration.

#6 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

I have the same exact thing. In the morning I feel like a zombie, but closer to night I feel normal without any brainfog whatsoever.

My diet is relatively good and I also do aerobic exercise 3 times a week.

Blood levels showed no signs of deficiency or elevation apart from bilirubin to which my doctor made a comment that it was most likely due to dehydration.

My blood test also showed no signs of deficiency or elevation of anything. I have been dosing nootropics 2014-2017 so i thought that may be result of side effects of some of them but since all of them were tested ones i dont think its the root of the problem.

Tried tyrosine in april because i thought problem was dopamine defficency- on of the worst decisions in this year, i felt depersonalized and foggy all day so i discontinued it. Same with tryptofan and lion's mane and also inositiol but i dont use it anymore as i wrote.

Im a college student so for last year by diet was rather poor - i now try to drink a lot of green tea, eat walnuts, fish, dosing omega-3 in capsules, magnesimum with b6 vitamin and i try to avoid caffeine in energy drinks and coffe. Also i eat deates without seeds and darker bread. My physical acitvity is not high beacuse im studying and working but i try to train my sports that i started 10 years ago and im nearly professionalist at them.

I also heard that jacking off may cause brainfog but i think only in extreme cases(like in The Wolf of Wall street dialogue, lol. I think that would deregulate serotonin and dopamine levels.) and i try to avoid doing it as much as i can so its likely not the problem.

I gonna try to buy some multivitamin tabs and do more complex lyme test, but i dont think im  or was infected because i dont remember having Erythema chronicum migrans, only getting red in the face after drinking caffeine and alcohol but i fixed it by lowering cortisol level with ashvagandha and phosphatidylserine.

#7 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

I have also strange symptom that appers under stress combined with intellectual effort - im getting red and hot, mostly in the face. It happened more than year ago from now and often combines with brainfog. I thought that would be effect of high cortisol caused by energy drinks with a lot of caffeine that i have drunk before studying and exams but it happens even in the evening when i drink one coffe that day. I had similar reaction to PRL-8-53 - that means something? But i dont think this is a permament PRL-8-53 side effect because i stopped using it more than year ago and didnt eat a lot of it - less than 1g with normal doses.

#8 Krocius

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Probably problems with adrenals. You also may have a low cortisol instead of high. You better perform a lab work. Orthostatic hypotension  maybe caused because of potassium/sodium disbalances due to aldosteron defficiency. You may also be a hypothyroid, because problems with the thyroid comes together with the adrenal issues. Stop drinking green tea cause it contains caffeine too. You should avoid all caffeine. Did you check this?

-  Electrolytes levels (potassium, chlorine, sodium)

- Aldosteron/renin ratio

- TSH, Free t3, Free t4, RT3

- 24 hour cortisol saliva

- Ferritin

- DHEA-s

Edited by Krocius, 22 October 2017 - 07:50 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

I gonna try lab work and test if adrenals are in good condition.

Anyway, i have been dosing pregnenolone since like 10 days(tablets orally) - 50mg-100mg doses. I felt great in the morning after taking 100mg(2 tablets) before sleep, i was in very good humour, making 10 brilliant multilingual jokes per minute while talking with fellow students and professors and my memory was better(as it should be).

I now dose 150mg(3tabs) with OMEGA-3 fish oil and witamin C(1-2g per day) and i feel great. i havent changed diet and i was dosing vitaminium c in high doses since nearly 1,5 month same with fish oil so its definately effect of pregnenolone.

Gonna look for sublingual tabs since they would work same with lower dosage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: morning, dizzyness, derealization, brainfog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users