Most potent serotonin antagonist?

serotonin

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Hello guys I am desperate. I need a medication that can block or reduce my serotonin lvls. Which medicine would be the most powerfull that targets the most serotonin receptors? I came here because I know you guys know a lot about Medicine. At the moment Im looking at risperdal which blocks 9 serotonn receptors and I think there are 21 ?anyway if you guys can help me out I would really appericate it. Some guys suggested metergoline and LSD but I dont know about that so if you guys can help me understand this better. I dont want to try LSD as I wanna be able to take it everyday which I cant with lsd . But yeah I need help....

#2 xatu01

• 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Maybe something like this would be a thing you are looking for ? https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Fenclonine

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Maybe something like this would be a thing you are looking for ? https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Fenclonine

wow so it even gets rid of all the serotonin in the brain too? Is it possible to get it online.

#4 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

theres no way im gonna get my hands on that but i found out clozapine  blocks 10 receptors thats 1 more than risperdal.

(edit) might be wrong.. probably am.

Edited by farshad, 25 September 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#5 xatu01

• 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Mianserin is also quiet potent 5ht2c and 5ht2a antagonist and prevent ssri sexual dysfunction

#6 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

mianserin and remeron blocks 13 serotonin receptors or somth.

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

i dont get it does mirtazapine block the serotonin receptor or not? some guy said it just binds to them and releases them more. Might just go for risperdal as it specifically says antagonism on 9 serotonin receptors on wikipedia but mirtazapine pharamocgly is confusing me.

#8 Tony Rantala

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

Fenclonine is great if you can get. Lisuride is easier, and in some ways better. Cyproheptadine works well, but it lowers dopamine too. L-Theanine may help, aspirin helps a bit. BCAA lowers serotonin, but you need to consume tyrosine to keep dopamine production up, and you might want to add glycine and taurine to help. 

#9 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

who the hell can get their hands on Fenclonine? I tried tyrosine and bcaa . tyrosine didnt work but bcaa I felt it working but just a little its not potent enough IMO. I have ordered  metergoline its  potent antagonist on the serotonin receptors 5-HT1, 5-HT2, 5-HT6,  and 5-HT7

#10 xatu01

• 25 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Can you give me a good source of metergoline ? I m interested in buying this stuff cause it is also a potent prolactin inhibitor. Here or private msg, doesnt matter

#11 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

http://www.idealabsdc.com/lab/ I have got cyproheptadine from them before so its legit.

Edited by farshad, 29 September 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#12 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

i would look into quercetin and indian snake root, possibly something stupid too like consuming less vitamin d and tryptophan?

#13 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

i would look into quercetin and indian snake root, possibly something stupid too like consuming less vitamin d and tryptophan?

what have I done to you to come after me like this? I dont understand why you keep talking shit on my threads. you know what, I know a way to decrease my serotonin lvls, Look at your face for 2 minutes should deplet them.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#14 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

i just think you're going in circles with tangent questions.  probably because you try to formulate them at 4am or something.  obviously, don't, deprive yourself of vitamin d, but the tryptophan you can try.  i would predict the result, however, as being rather negative.  avoiding meats, nuts and the like it's very much the opposite of a ketogenic diet in that you have to rely increasingly on starchy (non-animal) foods to get you by.  fatty acids also regulate tryptophan this and that, so multiple sources of influence come pouring in.  and ketogenic diets (high fat high tryptophan) were invented for the sole treatment diabetes and epilepsy, only later finding a niche in the psychiatric setting, e.g. depression and schizophrenia.  not coincidentally, tryptophan has recently come under investigation for clues into the treatments of epilepsy and schizophrenia.  soon i'm gonna release my nutritracker software to public and you can log easily everything, flavonoids, aminos, vitamins, minerals, all sorts of indices and metrics, how many steps you took, your heartbeat, even the damn side of the bed you rolled out on that morning.   i'm gonna encourage you to track yo tryptophans with it bubba

someone with anxiety or OCD does well to avoid serotonin, perhaps even depression depending on the flavor, but in other cases exact opposite is true.  better that you test the waters with a mild natural supplement (quercetin) than you jump in the deep end with cyproheptadine and do something you might regret, that this way you might come to understand yourself better by doing some damage first?  they even have different effects, the reversible inhibition of quercetin is more subtle and induces a gradual upregulation as opposed to the cypo which ruthlessly chokes out your 5-ht baddies at a rate faster than they can replenish..

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 EfeitoPlacebo

• 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Gelatin is used in tryptophan depletion studies

Collagen and gelatin are an excellent source of these amino acids: proline, glycine, glutamine and arginine, but they do not contain the amino acid tryptophan.  

This paper, Pharmacokinetics of acute tryptophan depletion using a gelatin-based protein in male and female Wistar rats summarizes what we find in a number of studies that use gelatin for the purpose of lowering serotonin levels, in order to study the relationship between serotonin and behavior:

The essential amino acid tryptophan is the precursor of the neurotransmitter serotonin. By depleting the body of tryptophan, brain tryptophan and serotonin levels are temporarily reduced. In this paper, several experiments are described in which dose and treatment effects of acute tryptophan depletion (ATD) using a gelatin-based protein-carbohydrate mixture were studied in male and female Wistar rats.

Edited by EfeitoPlacebo, 01 October 2017 - 12:14 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serotonin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users