* * * * * 1 votes

Humanin

humanin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 FrankEd

• 148 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

I read some papers about it, but as I don´t have any knowledge (zero) of biochemistry, could someone please clarify what is it and what purpose it serves, on a very easy language.

I know that this stuff is very expensive tho..

#2 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:58 AM

It is an endogenous chain of amino acids that seems to be useful for cancer prevention and neuroprotection.

As far as I know, it is mostly researched as a possible treatment against Alzheimer's.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

From what we can readily find online it has both very valid potential effects for protecting against alzheimer's, heart attack and cancer. These are some very nasty killer diseases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanin

Also, it seems that in addition to medical benefits, Humanin might have age-reversal or life extension effects as per the following source:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4255622/

IN GENERAL

"We and others have shown that HN plays critical roles in reducing oxidative stress"...

"Since its discovery, HN has been demonstrated to offer beneficial effects in many diseases, many of which are age-related. The observation that levels of HN decline with age further supports the role of HN in aging and age-related diseases."

REGARDING ALZEIMER'S DISEASE

"The multiple in vitro and in vivo studies showing that HN or its potent analogs protect from AD-related neuronal cell death and functional impairments, offer significant promise for a potential role for HN as a new treatment approach to treat AD."

STROKES

"...treatment with HNG resulted in decreased brain edema, neuronal cell death, and injury volume while improving neurological recovery."

NEUROLOGICAL CONDITIONS

"HN rescued cortical neurons from excitatory toxicity caused by NMDA in a dose-dependent manner without interacting with the receptors, and pointed to the potential role of its use in preventing the damage caused by this pathway"

CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES

"...treatment with exogenous HN protected endothelial cell cultures from Ox-LDL-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis. Daily IP injection of HNGF6A for 16 weeks prevented endothelial dysfunction and decreased atherosclerotic plaque size in the proximal aorta of Apo-E deficient mice fed with a high-cholesterol diet, attributable to the reduction in apoptosis rate and preservation of eNOS activity.  In the same mouse model, it was shown that HN attenuates renal microvascular remodeling, inflammation, and apoptosis in the early stage of kidney disease, indicating that HN may serve as a novel therapeutic target to mitigate kidney damage in early atherosclerosis."

METABOLIC EFFECTS

"Humanin expression is increased in small arteries along with succinate dehydrogenase positive staining in MELAS muscle fibers, and synthesized HN increases cellular ATP levels by directly acting on mitochondria in TE671, a human rhabdomyosarcoma cell line. We also reported that HNGF6A increases mitochondria metabolism and ATP generation in the cultured β cells showing a role for HN in substrate metabolism."

INFLAMMATION

"A role for HN in down-regulation of inflammatory responses has been demonstrated in vivo and in cell culture systems. Miao et al. first observed that HNG ameliorates Aβ25–35-induced neuro-inflammatory responses by decreasing the level of IL-6 and TNF-α in mice". 

"...Zhao et al. reported that treatment of HNG partially suppresses the secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines including IL-6, IL-1β, and TNF-α in a dose-dependent manner in astrocytes induced by lipopolysaccharides (LPS)."

CANCER

"...HNG alone delayed tumor growth and tumor doubling time in cancers such as medulloblastoma and neuroblastoma in vivo."

• Informative x 1

#4 FrankEd

• Topic Starter
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Thank William Sterog and DareDevil.

Unfortunately this stuff is incredibly expensive.

Humanin in salt form costs US$ 186.00 (0,5mg).and 1mg costs US$ 319.00

http://shop.bachem.c...nin/h-5574.html

#5 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hi Frank,

I have found a source for much more reasonably priced Humanin. Due to forum policy about suppliers, I have sent you a PM with the information.

Cheers,

DareDevil

Edited by DareDevil, 12 October 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#6 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:27 AM

@DareDevil - could you pass me that source as well.

#7 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

I am very interested in this peptide.  Apparently there is a stronger variant called HNG or S14G-Humanin.  In any event, it comes as a powder in 5mg or 10mg vials. I would likely use this peptide subcutaneously.  My question is what an appropriate dosing schedule would look like.  Does anyone have any familiarity with this peptide and a proper dosing schedule?

#8 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Hi Daniel and Poonja,

I replied to both of you by PM. Poojna, I had replied to you earlier but you must not have seen it.

The variant I am trying was made by Genscript and iit is S14G one of the better variants. I have tried it at .4mg and 1mg by subQ injection without issues. I have yet to up my dosage. I bought at total of 30mg for about $100 using their first purchase discount. 

Cheers,

DareDevil

#9 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for the PM DD.

Have there been any human trials of Humanin?

#10 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

I haven't heard of any and am experimenting at my own risks and perils with this substance. I certainly hope it is rejuvenating and doesn't carry significant side effects on health. Cheers, DD

#11 HaplogroupW

• 101 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:49 AM

Presentation, mostly on humanin and manifold properties:

There's a SNP for humanin levels. He discusses this at about 35:00.  rs2854128. 23andme has this one.  I think the G variant is higher humanin while A is lower.

• Informative x 1

#12 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Hi HaplogroupW,

Thanks for that link. Mot-c discussed at minute 35:30 sounds like it may possibly bring age extension to the vast array of benefits that Humanin could offer? However, I am not sufficiently biomedically educated to infer from his reference charts what dosages of injected Humanin might be safest or most effective. Any advice or suggestions will be most welcome. I am going to up the doses and hope that my perceived impressions on wellbeing will be indicative of dosages.

DareDevil

#13 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

This slide deck is slightly more clear on one point:

https://www.lipid.or...bility_mode.pdf

Individuals with SNP rs2854128 in the G form are the ones with more humanin. However it also indicates that individuals with the A form are less likely to have coronary calcium.

#14 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the link. Now to decipher it and find out what might be the useful dosage  :sad:

#15 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the link. Now to decipher it and find out what might be the useful dosage  :sad:

Yes, any progress in figuring out a useful subq human dosage for  S14G-Humanin?  

#16 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:57 PM

Just checked and my genotype is A

#17 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

Pop into this thread looking at the following paper. The SNP rs2854128 (aka G2706A) looks predictive of cognitive decline. The normal allele is G, alternative is A. It is reported by 23andme.

Yen K, Wan J, Mehta HH, et al. Humanin Prevents Age-Related Cognitive Decline in Mice and is Associated with Improved Cognitive Age in Humans. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):14212.

https://www.nature.c...598-018-32616-7

"...A humanin SNP predicts cognitive decline in humans.

We subsequently examined the effect of this SNP in a separate cohort of participants from the Health and Retirement Study 28, a longitudinal study of approx-imately 20,000 individuals over the age of 50 in the United States of which over 12,500 individuals consented to DNA analysis. Using this dataset, we confirmed that the ancestral/reference allele is found in 42% of CA and in much lower percentages of AA or Hispanic populations (Table 2). Looking at cognitive phenotypes hypothesized to be related to humanin action, we found that the alternative allele was associated with an increase in cognitive age at a given chronological age (p<0.05 for the entire population), after adjusting for sex, education, and race. We found a significant interaction between race and the rs2854128 SNP (P=0.005), such that rs2854128 had an amplified effect on cognitive aging among AA, relative to CA. Subsequent stratified analysis showed that AA with the alternate allele had cognitive ages that were about two years older than AA with the reference allele, whereas there was only a marginal increase of about 0.2 years in cognitive age among CA with the alternate compared to the reference allele (Fig.4C)..."

Edited by albedo, 19 January 2019 - 01:08 PM.

#18 Ovidus

• 131 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

What the hell?????

Guys have you watched the video at all?
This is an insanely promising substance that is worth investigating, procuring and using. 

DareDevil, have you made any progress in figuring out the dose?

Anyone else?

There are substances we are chasing here on this forum that are not half as promising as this. On top of it all Humanin appears relatively feasible to buy and use. At the very moment there may not be a wide selection of suppliers, but it does not appear all that hard to manufacture and supply.

Please guys; let us get the ball rolling on this. I am starting reading up on it right away.

• Cheerful x 1

#19 Repack Racing

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 August 2021 - 03:42 PM

A cautionary tale about Humanin. Two months ago I started a round of Humanin from a quality source that has been around for many years. Injected 200mcg subq. The next morning I woke up with huge swollen bags under my eyes - the kind you get when you are old. I stopped Humanin, but two months later the bags have not gone away. I literally look 5-10 years older, permanently I guess. The complete opposite of why I took the peptide. I take/have taken several peptides with good results. However, this just goes to show you never really know what's going to happen with these untested substances. Also note, before anyone asks, I did nothing whatsoever different the day I took Humanin. I am very careful to isolate any addition to my regimen.

That's my tale, proceed with caution.

• Informative x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 02:26 PM

Hey I had a similar effect of induced wrinkles when testing large doses of Dasatinib. At 100mg/day it melts away facial fat, makes your cheeks sag and leaves the hollows covered in wrinkles. It took efforts and a couple of years to recover part of this facial fat back. Word to the wise, dosage is important to observe and prudent testing is required. However, I did a fair amount of Humanin injections and noticed no such side effects. Although, come to think of it after reading your post, I did see bags appear under my eyes at around that same time, and maybe didnt make the connection. Still have them and havent found a way to get rid of them. FWIW.

Edited by DareDevil, 14 February 2022 - 02:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: humanin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users