AlivebyNature NMN

nmn

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 floweryriddle

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Wanted to compare NR products and noticed that AlivebyNature is selling NMN starting the day after tomorrow - http://alivebynature...es-475-mg-each/

Contains:

125mg NMN

350mg NAD+Precursor complex (Nicotinamide, Nicotinic Acid, Tryptophan)

and it comes with 60 servings

In comparison, the Revgenetics product comes with only 50mg of NMN and 30 servings for a similar price. 

Anyone here thinking of buying it? This looks like it could be the first affordable NMN product

Edited by dvstr, 12 October 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#2 Oakman

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

I checked it out, but at 1st blush it seems to be an expensive Niagen replacement. Likely introduced because of what Chromadex is doing to Niagen distribution and pricing. Time will tell.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

I checked it out, but at 1st blush it seems to be an expensive Niagen replacement. Likely introduced because of what Chromadex is doing to Niagen distribution and pricing. Time will tell.

I had the same suspicion about why they are going with NMN.

But I did find some of the charts compelling.  Especially the point about how it makes its way to liver in 10 minutes, and soleus muscle in 30 minutes.  All the talk about NMN having to be converted to NR to makes its way into cells, doesn't seem to slow it down.  In fact, it looks to me much faster acting than NR.

http://alivebynature...st-nad-booster/

I'll probably try a bottle when I run out of current HPN supply.

Edited by able, 12 October 2017 - 03:46 PM.

• Agree x 1

#4 Del369

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

Yep I've just received their email as well, they say they have stopped selling NR completely and from now on they are just selling NMN, I'm about due for a renewal and I think I'm going to dive in, have no complaints about their product so far.

Edited by Del369, 02 November 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#5 somejerk

• 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

Curious about this as well. I was getting my Niagen from Alive by Nature, and it was the most inexpensive verified NR that I've found. Any recommendations?

My worry about NMN is that this dosage seems to be low in relation to the doses used in the studies I read. Is this even a therapeutic does? 

• Off-Topic x 1

#6 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

There were many studies using 300mg/kg bodyweight, which is a lot.

The 2016 long term study found 100 mg/kg was better than 300mg/kg by some parameters and not as good at some others.  That equates to 560mg for a 70kg human.

The first study with humans uses 250 mg a day and studies many health parameters, so seems they must believe that will have some effect.

Seems to be similar dosages as Niagen, which does make it more expensive so far.

• Off-Topic x 1

#7 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:28 AM

There were many studies using 300mg/kg bodyweight, which is a lot.

The 2016 long term study found 100 mg/kg was better than 300mg/kg by some parameters and not as good at some others. That equates to 560mg for a 70kg human.

Wouldn’t 100mg/kg make it 7g (100*70)? Or am I getting something wrong here
  • Off-Topic x 1

#8 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

It depends on volume and metabolism.    

The FDA issues guidance with a formula that researchers use to calculate that, but I can't recall right now where to find that. 

• Off-Topic x 1

#9 Del369

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

I took my first AlivebyNature NMN yesterday, wow, so normally I would take a Niagen along with a (supposed) Pterostilbene 1000mg and Vit-D3 3000IU with juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, this followed with a half teaspoon of L-Glutamine Powder and a half teaspoon of Vit C powder, usually (but not yesterday) a home made fruit and veg smoothy as well.

Normally by the time I leave for work (+/- 1hr) I had a slight Niacin flush, yesterday I followed the same protocol minus the smoothy, about 20 mins later it hit with a bang, the tops of my wrists and back of my neck were suddenly itching, the tops of my legs knees to thighs and my back were positively glowing warm and I had a tingling sensation under my skin, and some slight nausea (not to bad)

Of course I found later that AlivebyNature actually recommend NOT taking it on an empty stomach, so none to blame but myself, this morning I had the Vit C and L-Glutamine earlier as usual with juice, later (about 2hrs) I had some crackers with cheese and then did the Vit D, Pterostilbene 1000mg and the NMN and the effects were much milder, but I do feel it, I'm not a chemist or anything but I would compare Niagen as Petrol and NMN as Rocket fuel

That was one pill of the booster NMN :)

Also pricing, I bought 3 bottles of 60 caps each and the price was very comparable to their Niagen I think about $155 (135EUR Approx) with shipping to the EU. It's definitely not more expensive.

• Informative x 1

#10 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Due to complaints about flushing they replaced NMN Plus with NMN Pure for the time being (http://alivebynature...nonucleotide-3/). Same amount of NMN, just nothing else added

• Informative x 1

#11 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

I took my first AlivebyNature NMN yesterday, wow, so normally I would take a Niagen along with a (supposed) Pterostilbene 1000mg and Vit-D3 3000IU with juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, this followed with a half teaspoon of L-Glutamine Powder and a half teaspoon of Vit C powder, usually (but not yesterday) a home made fruit and veg smoothy as well.

Normally by the time I leave for work (+/- 1hr) I had a slight Niacin flush, yesterday I followed the same protocol minus the smoothy, about 20 mins later it hit with a bang, the tops of my wrists and back of my neck were suddenly itching, the tops of my legs knees to thighs and my back were positively glowing warm and I had a tingling sensation under my skin, and some slight nausea (not to bad)

Of course I found later that AlivebyNature actually recommend NOT taking it on an empty stomach, so none to blame but myself, this morning I had the Vit C and L-Glutamine earlier as usual with juice, later (about 2hrs) I had some crackers with cheese and then did the Vit D, Pterostilbene 1000mg and the NMN and the effects were much milder, but I do feel it, I'm not a chemist or anything but I would compare Niagen as Petrol and NMN as Rocket fuel

That was one pill of the booster NMN :)

Also pricing, I bought 3 bottles of 60 caps each and the price was very comparable to their Niagen I think about $155 (135EUR Approx) with shipping to the EU. It's definitely not more expensive.

Sounds like you just got the infamous niacin flush - quite normal for someone not titrating up to a 350mg NA dose.

This is hardly a "boost" or "rocket fuel" property that should be attributed to NMN.

#12 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:27 AM

My sublingual caps arrived today. First impression: Taste a little sweet and need some time to fully dissolve. Maybe around 5 minutes? 

Reminds me a lot of these dextrose sports candies 

#13 info@newyoucellrenew.com

• 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:46 PM

This product does not contain NMN. At the bottom it says "These products do not contain NMN or NAD+."

#14 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

info, what product are you talking about. Alive by nature currently sells both Nad+ (Not precurser to Nad+) and NMN Nicotinamide Mononucleotide. They no longer sell N.R. or any combination product as mentioned in a comment above.Are you thinking of the HPN misleading product?

It is easy to insert a photo of your label into a post.

Edited by Heisok, 12 February 2019 - 10:27 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#15 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:23 AM

My sublingual caps arrived today. First impression: Taste a little sweet and need some time to fully dissolve. Maybe around 5 minutes? 

Reminds me a lot of these dextrose sports candies 

any updates? tasting sweet doesnt mean anything positive really

#16 floweryriddle

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:42 AM

any updates? tasting sweet doesnt mean anything positive really

Been taking them ever since instead of NR, with regular breaks in between.
I’m in my late 20’s so my NAD levels should still be high. I’m not expecting any big changes at this point (was the same with NR).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#17 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:33 AM

when do NAD levels go down?

another question, it seems that milk contains NR as natural source that might promote NAD levels, why not just drink milk?

Edited by GABAergic, 17 February 2019 - 04:34 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users