• 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

The things I'm currently taking.

Herbs, vitamins and minerals:

- Ashwaghanda (1 teaspoon daily)

- Maca (1 teaspoon daily)

- Cistanche (1/2 teaspoon daily)

- Berberine (around 500mg per day)

- Jiaogulan tea (half a dozen cups and/or capsules)

- Kava root (traditionally prepared, around 3 times a week in the evenings)

- Shalajit (250mg primavie extract in the morning)

- Magnesium glycinate (200mg in the morning and evening)

- B-vitamin complex with folate (Swansons is supposed to be really good)

- Omega 3 (DHA 500 by Now Foods. I take 2 caps)

- Vitamin D3 (5000mg)

- L-Glutamine (around 10-15g)

- Vitamin C (1000mg)

- Multivitamin

- Milk thistle (300mg morning and evening)

- Ginkgo Biloba (125mg occasionally)

- Nascent iodine (A couple drops)

- Lithium Orotoate (Very sparingly if at all. Last night I took 1mg to see if it would lift me out of this funk)

This is pretty much the bulk of what I'm taking. I have a few other supplements like L-Theanine, Reishi, Lions Mane and Bacopa on hand but I haven't really touched them due to the size of the current stack. I've tried 350mg of L-tyrosine also but it didn't feel right and I haven't touched it since.

I felt awesome for about a week or so on the above stack, exactly how I believe my normal functioning self would feel (95% of the time I'm operating from below my normal baseline so everything is struggle when it shouldn't be). It may have been placebo, but I've since slipped back to that same below-par level, although this time I'm not so bummed out as I know that theres a possibility of me finding a suitable combination of nootropics.

If I was to describe how I currently feel, it'd be depressed, uninterested in interaction, foggy and heavy headed - you get the idea.

A couple other observations I've noticed is that I feel quite good following a heavy day of drinking. If I start smoking cigarettes, the initial stages are very uplifting and again make me feel pretty normal but this doesn't usually last long. This obviously led me to believe in a connection to dopamine but I didn't respond well to the L-Tyrosine.

I probably didn't cram enough info in here but can anyone recommend a course of action? I have some Uridine on the way but I may hold off from taking it as I hear it can cause some health issues with cancer.

Any help and insight is massively appreciated!!

- Arch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, adaptogens, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users