• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Mental Motivation/Energy following Intense Physical Activity

study outdoors active workout stacks racetams energy diet well rounded academics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CFABrain

• 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hello everyone.

I am a very active individual who essentially spends anywhere between 2 to 7 hours doing outdoor activities (incl. kayaking, hiking, hunting, etc) on any given weekend day. With that said, I also have academic responsibilities requiring around 4-6  hours of study per day, at a very minimum. On days that I'm actively pursuing outdoor activities, upon returning home, I'm so exhausted my studies end up getting pushed back or canceled. This is unacceptable and simply hinders my academic pursuit, which feels like a major trade-off leading to the inevitable inner conflict... Love for the outdoors vs personal/professional growth.

This leads me to my question:

What kind of supplements and diet do you guys recommend to overcome physical and mental exhaustion after intense or prolonged physical activity? 

To provide some background info - I have experience with traditional racetams, "modern" racetams, caffeine + theanine stacking, stims like modafinil/adrafinil, etc.

Since this lifestyle is rather new for me, I have not tried stacking these after my outdoor pursuits just yet and wanted to gauge you guys' thoughts given your experiences.

Thank you in advance! 

#2 hatschiman

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Have you tried taking a nap after your activities? In my opinion, the use of most stims will eventually lead to exhaustion or even burnout if one engages in activities exceeding ones energy reserves. Considering this I would not use "harder" stims than caffeine.

I sometimes do my resistance training workout in the middle of a day and afterwards use energy drinks high in caffeine and sugar to stay alert and motivated.

A big part of exhaustion after intense sport sessions is due to empty carbohydrate storages in the body or low blood sugar.

So my suggestion would be to eat a meal high in carbohydrates after your workout, to take a short nap and optionally to drink a caffeinated beverage afterwards like coffee or a strong black or green tea (which should be a lot healthier than energy drinks). If you are not used to caffeine be aware not to take it in the evening or you might get problems with your sleeping habits.

Edited by hatschiman, 23 October 2017 - 06:29 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: study, outdoors, active, workout, stacks, racetams, energy, diet, well rounded, academics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users