Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

VaughterWellness

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

I've pointed out that in my experience C70 can be dangerous, and that your claim that you've converted 99.5% to 99.95% C60 doesn't make sense, as the .5% impurities are not solvents but C70 and other fullerenes that cannot be baked off. You have an analysis on your website that seems to back you up. And while the reader might suppose this is the 99.5% that you converted to 99.95%, the page does not exactly say that. So just tell us that this is indeed the 99.5% that you upgraded to 99.95% by baking and I will give you my sincere apologies and congratulate you on a great advance. In the meantime I've written to Solaris to get their input. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 November 2017 - 05:50 PM.

• Good Point x 7
  • Agree x 2

#32 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

@ambivalent: Turnbuckle claimed that we are currently selling a product under false pretenses that not meet our current claims for the product. He also claimed that the product we're currently selling is damaging to health. So he claims that we are a criminal organization, selling products of which we know are adulterated and cause harm to health. Unless he can prove this extremely serious allegation in court and yet he chooses to let it stand, it is criminal libel (libel with intent to do harm). A colloquial synonym for libel would be "damaging falsehood" (= lie in case it is not retracted when asked for proof which is not offered).

To be specific, I believe that Turnbuckle claimed that you can not increase the purity of 99.5% C60 by vacuum baking given that the primary impurity is C70 which is not volatile.

Now, perhaps you know that the main impurity in your C60 is something other than C70 which can be removed.  If so, you might want to mention it.

I believe that Turnbuckle has made a generic technical statement about the ability to further purify C60 by vacuum baking and it is hard for me to understand how such a generic statement of technical fact is a libel against a specific product.

• Agree x 5
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

You can write to anyone you like but we're giving you until 18:00 our time (Czech Republic) Nov. 4 to remove all libel you posted on this forum against our company (all threads, we will carefully examine every mention of our company name, trademarks, officers and product) or we'll instruct a US libel attorney to supoena Longecity for your IP address and then the ISP for their records of the user of that IP address at the date-timestamps of your postings.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 4
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1

#34 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

If you can prove this then there is no problem and your potential customers will be reassured that they don't have to worry about c70 contaminants: this is quite straightforward and important.     

So agree. Lack of proof is one thing in the supplement industry, with the advantage of lower affordable prices and it's risks. But threatening of litigation for any expression of doubt about the lack in proof is a completely different animal. One might win settlements, but in that process lost any confidence about one's integrity.

• Good Point x 3
  • Well Written x 3
  • Ill informed x 2

#35 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

On the contrary. Our integrity is placed in doubt by Turnbuckle. He refuses to provide proof for his defamatory claims and he refuses to retract his claims. A won lawsuit or a settlement, inspired by his attorneys that he has no leg to stand on would do a great deal to restore our integrity that he publicly tarnished. I'm also thinking about the thousands of our customers who have taken our product and will one day read his allegations, or read rumors that were spread by him here. Imagine the anguish many of them would experience, forever having to worry about getting cancer etc. And then there is the additional risk of lawsuits against us, inspired by his unfounded claims. No, we have to vigorously defend against malicious libel and we'll do just that. If we ever find this rumor anywhere else, even when retracted here right now, our claim against Turnbuckle will be in the millions.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 06:39 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#36 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

I've offered to retract my claims, and even offered to congratulate you on a breakthrough on something I thought was impossible. Just confirm that the analysis on your webpage of what appears to be 99.95% is indeed what is implied by its presence there--that it is 99.5% C60 that you have converted to 99.95% C60, by any means whatsoever. It's a simple request.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 November 2017 - 06:56 PM.

• Good Point x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#37 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

You have until 18:00 tomorrow, our time, to fully retract all libelous claims or you'll deal with our attorneys. If you have any assets to speak of, now or in the future, depending on bankruptcy laws, you may very well lose it all. You chose to expose us to a risk in the order of magnitude of millions of dollars and expose our employees to a life of poverty here in rural Czech Republic - by doing so you've exposed yourself to a similar risk. Your claim that C70 is toxic becasue you felt bad when taking it does constitute scientific proof, especially not seen hundreds of similar nonsensical statements made by you on this forum.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 10:44 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 4
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#38 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

On the contrary. Our integrity is placed in doubt by Turnbuckle. He refuses to provide proof for his defamatory claims and he refuses to retract his claims. A won lawsuit or a settlement, inspired by his attorneys that he has no leg to stand on would do a great deal to restore our integrity that he publicly tarnished.

Well, I must say, I entered this thread a supporter (and still think you are correct about the need for Ichor to reveal the details of his findings, etc.) and in post after post, you have discredited yourself and your company, at least in my eyes.  You have only "tarnished" your own integrity and you had no need of Turnbuckle's "help" in this regard.  As far as I can tell - and admittedly I haven't followed this controversy until the past day or so - Turnbuckle is asking exceedingly pertinent questions; and you are quite evidently avoiding them - which, in and of itself, raises pretty serious questions.     

• Agree x 5
  • unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#39 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Turnbuckle said that we are criminals, poisoning our customers for a quick buck - without providing evidence.  You can think whatever you like about us based on your sensitivities for how "impolite" or "assertive" we are but it would be highly irresponsible for a a company to allow such damaging libel to go unchallenged. I take it that you never founded or ran an eCommerce firm or any other company with a reputation to cherish, a reputation we carefully built with great pride for ten full years, never advertizing, largely depending on positive word of mouth. I'm not supposed to care about your feelings. My responsibility is our shareholders and our employees and our customers only. Not your feelings.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 06:48 PM.

• Disagree x 5
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#40 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

Turnbuckle said that we are criminals without providing evidence.  You can think whatever you like about us based on your sensitivities for how "impolite" or "assertive" owe are but it would be highly irresponsible for a a company to allow such damaging libel to go unchallenged. I'm not supposed to care about your feelings. My responsibility is our shareholders and our employees and our customers only. Not your feelings.

Who is talking about feelings or politeness?  What I said was that you are evidently unwilling or unable to answer a factual question about your product.  

• Agree x 6
  • Good Point x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#41 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

It is clear you're trying to generate FUD directed at us. And you're employing the tactic of trying to get me on the defense, trying to make me prove innocence or get me embroiled in a wholly different topic. It won't work. I am old, nearly of pension age. I've been dealing with these kind of things for decades. Your discussion tricks should not work against an intelligent reader. I take it that you've never been involved in libel procedures. Anything I say here can and will be used against us in case we sue Turnbuckle. His attorneys will go over every posting I ever made here with a fine-toothed comb and will try to find the slightest inconsistency to cast doubt. I have been on many occasions told and warned by our counsel that I speak WAY too much in threads like these and disclose WAY too much, especially in the heat of the moment. My company never sued anyone - we always settled - but I personally sued lots of people and companies - we're going to "execute" a company a few days from now as a matter of fact - they stole 10 grand from me - I bought a gold bar and they never delivered it, they had serious debts and thought to get away with delivering one less bar than I ordered and then simply going bankrupt a year later, when all appeals were done - and my lawyer always tells me: "For chrissakes don't do this now, wait until the end of their appeal!" etc. etc.  Moreover, there is a real possibility I misspeak or make a mistake. Your feelings are wholly irrelevant to me as well as to the topic at hand. I run a successful company with a good reputation and anyone maliciously attacking us will deal with our lawyers. If you feel sad about that, sorry to hurt your feelings.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 07:00 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 3
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1

#42 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

I take it that you've never been involved in libel procedures either. Anything I say here can and will be used against us in case we sue Turnbuckle. His attorneys will go over every posting I ever made here with a fine-toothed comb and will try to find the slightest inconsistency to cast doubt. I have been on many occasions told and warned by our counsel that I speak WAY too much in threads like these and disclose WAY too much, especially in the heat of the moment. Moreover, there is a real possibility I misspeak or make a mistake. Your feelings are wholly irrelevant to me as well as to the topic at hand. I am the CEO of a successful company and anyone maliciously attacking us will deal with our lawyers. If you feel sad about that, sorry to hurt your feelings.

No, I've only been involved in extensive, decades-long litigation on scientific/technical matters - one in particular is still discussed in law journals.  It left a path of divorces, ruined lives, bankruptcies; nothing was accomplished at the end besides utter confusion about technical matters by laymen who were confused beyond all reason by very slick lawyers.  The lawyers on both sides made about $20m.    

Yes, you talk/write too much - if I were your attorney I would ask you to step away from your computer.  In part because you are too emotional.  And for a CEO are a very poor listener to boot.  Whatever floats your boat though.  I'm done.    

• Agree x 6
  • Good Point x 2
  • Disagree x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#43 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

LOL yes but if you were my attorney, you'd also rack me up 20 million in fees :-D  Oh well then you did a bad job. As I said, we never had to litigate and always settled. If you recall, I mentioned a cost of 1000 to 1500 for most attorney's letters, the latter figure when two letters are required to get the other party to the table and I also mentioned that we only settle when our costs are recouped. Please don't worry about our finances on our behalf. I think we do a pretty swell job ourselves. I also run a psychology site, by the way. It's another one of my special interests. I find it fascinating, the thinking processes of people who say things like: "You talk too much". When these people you'd like to shut up are trying to minimize potentially enormous damage to their livelihood and that of others who rely upon them. Did you know that approximately 4% of the population have antisocial personality disorder? Those used to be called "full blown clinical psychopaths" by the general public. Fascinating topic. A lot of those folks like to troll people online in their spare time, to blow off steam as it were. Many are productive members of society though, being surgeons and such. My site is called ownshrink.com BTW, since you decided to be off-topic. Have a look. There is a cute girl talking. 

PS

Being emotional on the Internet hasn't stopped Donald Trump, elected "Leader of the Free World". I think you're confusing a vigorous and rather effective defense of one's reputation with "being emotional". It looks like you merely have an emotional response to such. As an autistic, I am rather unemotional myself as can be gleaned from my responses here. Remaining on topic, using matter-of-fact language (legalese, basically), not engaging in ad-hominems (such as calling people emotional, telling them to shut up etc.). As a business founder I am aware of my responsibility to the stakeholders in my company, but for the rest it's only mild annoyance to have to again spend time on this kind of nonsense. Mainly to elucidate people who may come across this in the future.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 07:33 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Informative x 1

#44 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

The president of Solairs responded to my inquiry, saying this--

The 0.5% impurity is mainly C70. Backing [sic] do not remove the 0.5% impurities.  Our low volatile C60 goes through a process to remove the solvent and volatile traces under inert atmosphere. 

Thus if SV has been able to bake off the C70, I'm sure Solaris would be very interested to learn of it.

• Informative x 6
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#45 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

In the interests of transparency: is it correct that Sarah Vaughter is not your actual name, but rather your company's name?

OT: Also, I missed this from your opening post, where did you get the idea Anthony Loera is the poster 'sensei': I don't get the sense AL is battling hair loss.

Edited by ambivalent, 03 November 2017 - 08:05 PM.

• Agree x 3
  • like x 1

#46 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

My impression is, that Turnbuckle is a well respected member of this forum and I wish I'd had a suggestion at hand to help avoiding any escalation.

And from what Turnbuckle wrote and contributed here in the past, one can IMO extract, that he is interested in science and facts (same holds true for SV et al., besides making business and protecing it, I think) not in hasty libelling.

What I like to see, as someone who still consumes c60 (I use SV's) for about 4.5 years now, is:

1. Ichors protocol of the UV-light-makes-c60-toxic experiment so that SV can repeat the procedure and report the results.

2. A an actual analysis of all c60 vendors worldwide showing the residue of c70 in their products.

Can't somebody at longecity organize test buys from all, or most vendors and we crowd-finance the analysis on c70 and solvents in an independand laboratory?

I am in to pay my share.

mm

Edited by markymark, 03 November 2017 - 08:04 PM.

• Agree x 4
  • like x 1

#47 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

MM: I agree we certainly need to figure out how much light exposure causes toxicity - we don't know enough; I would happily contribute to such a study. Yes the issue of C70 contaminants in baked 99.5% c60 is a legitimate line of inquiry and should be responded to, not silenced through threat of litigation. 

• Good Point x 5
  • Agree x 1

#48 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

In order to win a case, he'd have to purchase quite a few bottles from us, over a longer time period and have those purchases done by a trusted (by a court) 3rd party, have them tested by a trusted 3rd party. He'd then have to prove from the test results that there is a structural, significant mismatch, preferably to the detriment of our customers between what's in those bottles and what we claim there is. If he can not prove that, he is guilty of libel with intent to do harm, which is a prisonable offense in most or all of the relevant jurisdictions.

So in the unlikely event of any costumer of your products writing a negative review - or even registering an adverse reaction, she/he rather be rich and prepared for juridical expenses? Could there be worse negative advertisement any company could ever make, than that disavowal of any responsibility for their products on account of financial powress?

Good thanks such isn't my experience with most supplement companies I reviewed products or complained about.

• Agree x 7
  • Good Point x 2

#49 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

@pamoija,

You're making invalid assumptions. No, we will certainly NOT object to anyone posting about a "negative reaction" to any of our products! Try it for ex. here. Say you took our C60-EVOO, that then your hemmorhoids acted up and that you blame it on our product. All you'll hear from me is laughter and incredulty, if I bother responding. Of course, if you claim that it is a fact that our product causes hemmorhoids then you've just accused us of being criminals (selling products that cause illness is a prisonable offense), and that's illegal unless you can PROVE that our product causes hemmorhoids. Then it's not us being criminals but you. It's obvious that many people do not understand the concept of libel. Libel is that you say that you are 100% certain that a person or company are criminals (due to knowingly selling products that cause disease, for ex.) or of bad character. And that you have no proof for that that stands up in court. Any other utterance is not libel.

And any negative reviews: When sincere and with merit, we consider them a learning experience. We always improve our products based on experiences. We switch suppliers regularly for that reason as well. I am always apologetic when our products underperform.

So please don't say such things. They have no basis in fact. What I object to is CRIMINAL acts. When you say: "Vaughter Wellness are a bunch of gangsters because their products poison people and they lie about their products" then that is illegal unless you can prove it beyond any reasonable doubt in court. Then you're a criminal if you can't prove it. Posting a personal opinion or a genuine negative experience is not an accusation of us being criminals. Please try to be fair and think before making such allegations for which you have absolutely no basis. Libel is such a serious offense that in nearly all jurisdictions, lengthy prison sentences (up to seven years, in Switzerland) can be given in serious instances. It's an extremely serious crime in quite a few instances. Fines in the million of dollars and damages in the tens of millions of dollars had to be paid and people did go to jail for libel. Libel is not about opinions and experiences. Libel is claiming that someone is a criminal and you can't prove it. Apart from libel, perhaps it's easier to look at it this way: It is a crime to falsely accuse someone of having committed a crime. This falls under libel law, but it's explained more succinctly. Usually there are no consequences for the accuser. Accusing a "celebrity" like Donald Trump of Hillary Clinton will only result in legal action when you claim outrageous things like having been raped by them. Because the courts apply different thresholds as to what constitutes libel when it's against a public figure. Except in North Korea, lol. Also, libeling an entity without the funds for a legal defense remains without consequence. However when you severely threaten an entity in a significant income stream, and you do that wholly without merit, then that entity will have the means and the motive to defend themselves. That's called a "libel case". Because it's a crime to falsely accuse someone of a crime. And the standard of required proof not to lose such a case is extremely high, since the accuser is the one who "picked the fight". a fight that can have very serious consequences for the attacked party. The burden of proof is 100% on the libeler and he'll have to convince a court that he is 100%, not 99% correct in every accusation made. At the exact time the accusation was made. Or it's damages, penalties and legal costs.

The reason that courts look upon libel as such a grave offense is that it takes many years to build up a reputation, with lots of hard work. But one single malicious allegation can completely destroy all that hard work. In extreme cases, enormous destruction of value and livelihoods can result. And people LOVE to bad-mouth others. Which can be triggered by any of have myriads of reasons. Perhaps you slighted them. Offended their sensibilities. Said something non-PC. Disagreed with them. Stole their limelight. Competed successfully with them. They don't like the tone of your voice, they don't like your politics, the color of your skin, your gender, your nationality, perhaps you just seem a good victim - people will find a reason. Society can't function that way. So the courts require absolute proof that such claims are true, and the burden is on the accuser to neatly present all the evidence. In a libel case against Turnbuckle we will never be required to defend against any of his claims. The court will have one demand only and to one party only; Turnbuckle. He will get one chance to present incontrovertible evidence becasue in many cases he will not even be allowed to appeal. But if he appeals, the same situation: We stay at home and he will have to present perfect proof that at the time of his claim, all his claims were 100% correct. If not, at the very least he'll be convicted to pay the court costs, veryt likely also our legal costs and nearly always a penalty for having comitted libel. Damages are only awarded when we can prove them, which is very hard. But a judge often increases the penalty when it's clear that some damage has occured. That is why we never actually sued someone for libel. Their attorney will tell them they can't win the case, and that settling is very much cheaper than letting it go to court. Enfin - we'll see wehter Turnbuckle retracts and deletes his libel. If not, as soon as I get to it well find an attorney and Longecity can expect a supoena for his IP address. If anyone else plans to libel us as well, please do it now or in the next few days because it won't cost us any extra to get their IP's as well. It will all be in the same supoena.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 08:56 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#50 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

@Turnbuckle: You keep stating that we claim to increase purity via baking. I already explained that we simplified our explanation on how exactly we purify from 99.5 to 99.95 because (a) it will scare off our customers, who are not chemical engineers, this process does not belong in an online store so all we mention is that we ensure we remove solvents in a vacuum oven and (b) We do not want to explain this process to our competitors, giving us an edge. We have extremely expensive equipment in our lab. Our site has a picture of our MixerDirect infrasound mixer that cost us 32000 dollars. We recently discarded a 8000 dollar micronizing grinder that we don't need anymore, since we now have the infrasound mixer. This does away with - unfounded bec. this only happens at very high temps and in the presence of a special catalyst - fears, voiced here, that our product would contain epoxides. But due to mere UNFOUNDED FEARS we spent 32 grand. To safeguard our precious reputation. So we keep improving all the time. We use very dark bottles now instead of the amber ones.  We do not show all equipment. We save substantial money by purifying 99.5 to 99.95. Tens of thousands of dollars a year. We also directly import our olive oil by the pallet, from the Greek producing farms. And we've been the largest manufacturer/seller of this product for six years already. Notwithstanding that there is no reason to believe that C70 is in any way toxic, on the contrary it is assumed that it confers the same advantage as C60.

Regardless of all of the above, whatever reasoning you have that form the basis of your accusations: If you are extremely confident you can back them up with perfect proof in court, by all means let them stand.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 09:15 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#51 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Libel is that you say that you are 100% certain that a person or company are criminals (due to knowingly selling products that cause disease, for ex.) or of bad character.

I read a few pages back, but couldn't find anyone saying she/he is 100% certain that you're criminals. Do avoid reposting, could you provide a link to that?

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#52 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

The only person who will need a link to that is our specialized libel attorney. I'm not going to spell out our case details or prepare the case to you or anyone else here. A much better allocation of my time is to wait until the deadline has passed tomorrow afternoon, our time. And see what claims remain. All I do here is to demand a retraction, plus defend myself against a barrage of additional allegations by various others here. I've been ready to throw in the towel hours ago, but the trolling/ignorance is strong. If you want it, it's pretty easy to find I suppose. Of course he did not literally say: "They are 100% sure criminals". But what he stated was equivalent to that under the law.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 09:26 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#53 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

@Turnbuckle: You keep stating that we claim to increase purity via baking. I already explained that we simplified our explanation on how exactly we purify from 99.5 to 99.95 because (a) it will scare off our customers, who are not chemical engineers, this process does not belong in an online store so all we mention is that we ensure we remove solvents in a vacuum oven and (b) We do not want to explain this process to our competitors, giving us an edge. We have extremely expensive equipment in our lab. Our site has a picture of our MixerDirect infrasound mixer that cost us 32000 dollars. We do not show all equipment. We save substantial money by purifying 99.5 to 99.95. Tens of thousands of dollars a year. And we've been the largest manufacturer/seller of this product for six years already. Notwithstanding that there is no reason to believe that C70 is in any way toxic, on the contrary it is assumed that it confers the same advantage as C60.

Regardless of all of the above, whatever reasoning you have that form the basis of your accusations: If you are extremely confident you can back them up with perfect proof in court, by all means let them stand.

So you have a secret process that would scare off your customers if they knew what it was. Fine. Then you really have something. And my original offer stands. If you tell me that the analysis on your web page that implies you are shipping 99.95% C60 is actually of your 99.5 to 99.95 enhancement--or if you have any other such data--I will apologize, congratulate you on what I (and the president of Solaris) thought impossible, and I will ask a moderator to remove whatever posts on this thread you think are libelous. (I can't remove them myself.)

• Agree x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • like x 1

#54 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

But what he stated was equivalent to that under the law.

So not with common sense, since I couldn't recognize it (like most I'm not a lawyer). Therefore my remarks about you trying to threaten with legal action into silence any disadvantageous public comments about your product still stands.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#55 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

@Turnbucke You're casting FUD again. Please describe the production process of 99.5% C60 and tell me that the average buyer of C60-EVOO wouldn't find it a rather unsettling process, involving highly carcinogenic chemicals. How do you think that purity is attained in the first place? We are under no obligation to disclose to anyone how our processes work in detail. On the other hand, you will be obliged by a court of justice to perfectly prove beyond a doubt that all your allegations are 100% correct. Not 99% - only 100% will do. There are many ways a multi-million dollar company with our knwoledge and ambition can purify C60 from 99.5 to 99.95%. For ex. you buy a 32000 dollar mixer that can handle 25 gallons of liquid and instead of filling it with olive oil, you fill it with a certain solvent and you add a kilo of C60 and let it run for a very long time. Then you do something something with the resulting liquid in another, even more costly machine and a bunch of other apparatuses we built ourselves that we chose not to display on your website. I'm not saying we do this at all - we do not want to disclose what we do to our competitors who are now all over us -. I'm just saying that we have a LOT of money (from this product hundreds of thousands of dollars just RECENTLY) and we're dedicated to optimal production processes and continuous improvement of our product. I remind you again that we have unlimited funds to sue you and even keep appealing, if you do not retract your libelous claims before tomorrow 18:00 our time. I will now do something else and tomorrow 18:00 I will verify that it's all gone. You do NOT need to apologize. Only to remove the damaging claims for which you do not have 100% proof. Not that it makes any difference as to the allegations disappearing, because my reiterations of your claim will keep standing, here. It's just a matter of principle for me.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 03 November 2017 - 09:30 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 5
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#56 Colorow

• 31 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Sarah, I am embarrassed for you.  You are coming off like a crazy person.  A single sentence "we have a proprietary process" combined with an offer to have an independent laboratory perform an analysis on your product (with resultant proof of your claims) would have generated you a great deal of goodwill/new customers/profit.

Your lawsuit/libel threats come off like the definition below of a SLAPP lawsuit:

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition. ..."

I truly do not understand why you are not banned from this forum.  I read once about how crazy you get but I ignored the commentary and bought from you anyway.  I will never buy from you again.  

I don't trust crazy.  There is no excuse for crazy.  Professionals stay professional but can disagree. This is just my opinion, so threaten all you want, but I bet EVERYONE reading this agrees.

I want to follow this topic but I don't want my phone blowing up with your unprofessional behavior.  Have your product independently tested and put proof where your mouth is.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence....Carl Sagan.  

Unless you can't which is what I take away from your posturing.  

• Agree x 10
  • Ill informed x 2
  • like x 2

#57 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

So let me get this straight: TB's claim was that the C70 purities cannot be baked out of 99.5% C60 as your website claimed you've done. You want to sue him for libel. Yet now you assert this not the process by which you have removed the impurities, for stated reasons of IP protection and customer protection. So you are in affect in agreement with TB that you are not removing nor or do not know how to remove 99.5% c60 contaminants via baking? Is this correct? I'm getting a little lost.

• Good Point x 5
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#58 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

He did not ask you to disclose *anything*.  All he asked from you was a statement that the test results you have on your website for 99.95% C60 started off as 99.5% C60 that you further purified.  That's it.  No one is asking anyone to disclose their process.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#59 SarahVaughter

• Topic Starter
  • 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

@katkay: You are confused as to who made claims and subsequently, who needs to prove such claims. Turnbuckle claims that our company engages in criminal activity. I could care less that you consider my defense to be evidence of me being mentally ill - throwing ad-hominems is your prerogative but if anyone should be banned here it's people who call other people crazy. Namecalling and threatening not to buy from us again and calling for me to be perma-censored for defending against libel does not an argument make. If Longecity bans me, they will become a party in any and all future litigation pertaining libel on this forum. I assume they prefer to give me a fair opportunity to defend and they do not wish to become responsible for libel. They still ARE legally responsible for libel, since they excercise moderation. Meaning, when it comes to legal involvement, they will of course also be held co-responsible. But it's an attenuating circumstance that they at least allow me to defend. They'd stand no chance in a US court if they were to censor me now.

@ambivalent: You're putting up a straw man by putting words into my mouth I never spoke. On the record, your claim is false - I have a totally different beef with Turnbuckle. I'm not sure why you used "in affect" - "in affect" means that I am overly passionate, which claim I already debunked prior. I think you mean "in effect".

@Daniel Cooper: It is completely irrelevant what Turnbuckle asked me to do. I am under no obligation to oblige him. Turnbuckle made an extremely defamatory claim and this is a crime under all relevant jurisdictions unless he can prove his claim in front of a judge. I have explained this many times before but you seem to be ignoring this fact deliberately. If you think I am lying when I say this, let me know so I can provide you with the information you need. It is up to Turnbuckle to retract his extremely harmful accusation or prove it in court. Any other course of action will likely result in disappointment for him.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 04 November 2017 - 11:59 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

@katkay: You are confused as to who made claims and subsequently, who needs to prove such claims. Turnbuckle claims that our company engages in criminal activity.

When did I claim that? I said your product was mislabeled based on the information on your website. You said on your site that you were baking it to get the purity up to 99.95%, and you said that here as well. But then you changed your story, admitting that your first story wasn't true. Now we're to believe that you have some secret, unspecified process. Why should we believe that now after you admitted your first story wasn't true?  Doesn't matter, though, as I took your first story as truth and made a logical conclusion: that your product's purity wasn't enhanced as baking couldn't enhance it. That is the truth, you agree it's the truth, and the truth is not libel.

• Good Point x 6
  • unsure x 2
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users