- - - - -

kale powder products versus kale

supplement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:17 AM

I considered getting kale powder to add to my shakes but I'm worried it comes from China and has lead in it.  has anyone had any experience with these?  Do the healthy things get forgotten when it's changed into powder?  Cuz honestly it's probably just easier to eat a piece of kale every day compared to buying powder and adding it to a drink.  Post if you have researched these.

#2 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:54 AM

Bump

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

I am not an expert but I would guess that the fresh kale is better than powdered. If you can get frozen Kale, that probably has the most nutrient content, because it is frozen quickly after harvest. Fresh kale, depending where it comes from, could be many days old by the time you eat it, and have less quality nutrients than frozen. Not sure if frozen kale is widely available like frozen spinach, but it might be worth a look.

As far as food products from China - the most polluted country on earth...by a WIDE margin, IMO, be careful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users