Photo
- - - - -

Acetyl Carnosine vs. Alagebrium

age breaker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

So I was just reading that glycation causes cataracts and I'm aware of micronized acetyl carnosine being able to effectively remove cataracts. So how does it compare to alagebrium, is it able to break glucosepane? I realize that it's very pricey, but perhaps it's worth it?

Why aren't we seeing more publications on this kind of thing?

#2 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

Unfortunately I do not know but was trying to check on LC if N-Acetyl-Carnosine was found beneficial by people here, e.g. see here and here. I just wonder if in this context you have found more recent research on N-Acetyl-Carnosine going a bit beyond the original Russian studies. Have you Yolf? I recollect also Marios Kyriazis (also on LC) has written on the topic, e.g. see here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

FYI. There were some promising news published in 2015
http://www.sciencema...solve-cataracts

Also ​SKQ-1 eye drops (Visomitin) seems to be worth looking into
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25267419

Edited by zen, 12 November 2017 - 03:26 PM.

• Informative x 1

#4 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

FYI. There were some promising news published in 2015
http://www.sciencema...solve-cataracts

Also ​SKQ-1 eye drops (Visomitin) seems to be worth looking into
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25267419

The steroid eye drops from the first link is a steroid. I'd be surprised if it could actually break AGEs. But if it does, awesome. I'm not sure that NALCarnosine is the direct AGE breaker, it might trigger something else. SENS has synthesized glucosepane, I don't see why they haven't published a comparison list of results as to what has been successful. Hopefully we'll see that soon.

Anyways, I don't think I have much in the way of cataracts... I'm way too young for that. But the potential AGE breaking capabilities sounds very promising. I think it's just very expensive. Retails for about $1400/yr. Though the nonacetylated variety is around $1000 or more cheaper. I suppose if enough like minded people got together, they could get the equipment to do the acetylation themselves. I think the first batch would probably pay for itself.

#5 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:42 AM

Unfortunately I do not know but was trying to check on LC if N-Acetyl-Carnosine was found beneficial by people here, e.g. see here and here. I just wonder if in this context you have found more recent research on N-Acetyl-Carnosine going a bit beyond the original Russian studies. Have you Yolf? I recollect also Marios Kyriazis (also on LC) has written on the topic, e.g. see here.

I haven't found many who have taken it. It's very expensive. Per dose as a bulk powder, it's about the price of TA65, but it's way off patent and no one is promoting it. As Kyriazis says, it's a long term supplement, so you have to want to spend big money over a long course of time to see benefits. The same is likely true of alagebrium as their targets are predominantly integrated into the ECM where there isn't much access to them. I'd really like to see some more trials done on this stuff. It sounds very promising.

Anyways, I think the right complex of supplements and meds can make the magic happen and give the alagebrium or NALCARnosine more access to the AGEs.

I've also read that doses of 50-200mg are more effective than 3g doses of NALCARnosine.

500mg of beta alanine can raise levels of NALCAR to some extent, but it'll over excite peripheral neurons oslt. Gives your hands the tingles... they say it's harmless... I'm not entirely sure... But I think stronger doses are going to be needed for complete age reversal, or perhaps more sustained doses and time release formulas along with meds/supps to enhance ECM turnover, particularly in the bones... which is going to be painful (read about Zoledronate). Actually, Zoledronate shares some structural similarities with both alagebrium and Carnosine:

Alagebrium

440px-Alagebrium_structure.svg.png

Carnosine

400px-Carnosine.svg.png

Zoledronate/Zoledronic Acid

360px-Zoledronic_acid.svg.png

#6 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

Azole antifungals have similar structures and are known to destroy ergocalciferol, a form of cholesterol.

Fluconazole

360px-Fluconazole_skeletal_formula.svg.p

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Cocarboxylase

400px-Thiamine_diphosphate.png

Well, change of understanding, alagebrium breaks dicarbonyl rather than glucosepane apparently and the active site is the first carbon away from the thiazole ring towards the oxygen double bond and the phenyl ring. Still, I  have to wonder why people thought alagebrium would work against glucosepane. There has to be something.

Here's public enemy #1:

(Glucosepane (GP))

400px-Glucosepane.svg.png

Note the Nitrogens are arranged differently than with the NALCarnosine. Seems like an important detail. The seven point ring, I forget what it's called, but breaking the central rings will destroy it, that's the target.

I suppose ideally, we do need enzymes to degrade this stuff constantly, but it would be nice to get results while we're waiting for gene therapies to come along. I think there are available enzymes that can break this stuff too though, they just haven't been developed commercially except for the super rich whose docs I think must be making the infusions in their offices and haven't published anything about dosing. I'm also taking a leap here assuming that since it works on the larger structures, it works on the the GP contained within.

I've since talked to some experts who are of the mind that NALCarnosine isn't an age breaker, but it does share some structural components with the zoledronate, so perhaps what is happening is that it is just moving around, but that gives us an opportunity to move it out. I guess I really need to hit the organic chemistry books and take my skills to the next level.

Edited by YOLF, 14 November 2017 - 05:39 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: age breaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users