- - - - -

Hypoglycemia and terrible brain fog, very low motivation

hypoglycemia brain fog motivation focus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Valor5

• 289 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

Interesting experience. I woke up today, and amazingly enough felt interested enough to do stuff. Thoughts and memories where flowing..anyway the day before I had eaten a fruit dinner, dates, bread, watermelon, grapes, blueberries...so in the morning I got stuff done...BUT come noon I started feeling hungry and made myself a very nutritious salad, fava beans, pistachios, brussel sprouts, arugula, onion, garlic and squeezed lemon juice...after this I felt demotivated, brain dead, so I fell asleep for an hour or two then woke up and felt the same nasty way of just not wanting, caring to do anything so I thought that the reason I felt so well in the morning was the meal I had the previous evening so I went and ate two dates and a pomegranate and sure enough my morning focus and motivation came back but later on on the same wave I ate some honey and I think that shot up my insulin too high thus dropping my sugar too low and I felt the nasty demotivated state of mind. Has anyone ever noticed this the first meal was high in nutrition yet low in sugar or starch yet when I ate the pure fruit I felt better, the missing link. So hypoglycemia or proper sugar/insulin balance is critical seems like for me. Any thoughts, personal experiences?

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

blood glucose meters are very cheap to buy on ebay and such. it's better to know the numbers rather than guessing.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Valor5

• Topic Starter
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Thank you it's worth a shot I def. Respond better with sugar and it seems I don't do well with grains.

#4 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:45 AM

Try Libre link. That will tell you just how to spike and help to keep glucose at the desired level

#5 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:49 AM

Also maybe the vegetables, legumes, and nuts you mentioned in your high nutrition meal may have demotivated you due to digestion. These healthy foods are awesome, but also less watery than fruits, so they take our systems longer to break down and process. Fruits, in addition to their higher sugar loads, may be also more easily passed through and so maybe less taxing. This easier digestion might translate into feelings of more energy and less sluggishness. There's a reason some of us fall into the seductive trap of a juicy fruitarian lifestyle.

#6 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

You need to distinguish short and long term effects of sugar. It can make you feel better at first, but that doesn’t mean you’ll keep feeling better by eating a lot of sugar every day.

Just generally, how something makes you feel in the hours or even days after eating it is a very poor guide to its longer term effects. To cite an extreme example, I’m quite sure I’d feel great in the early days of starting up a heroin habit, but ...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:33 PM

Thank you it's worth a shot I def. Respond better with sugar and it seems I don't do well with grains.

How are your experiments with diet are going? Did you find optimal carbs for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users