• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Re-calibration Dopamine receptor solution ?

dopamine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 longcity90

• 68 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for my english, I try to be as clear as possible.

In 2014, i try for first time Intermittent Fasting 16/8 and I had many benefits for my mind (focus, energy, motivation, empaty for the people, very happy) and physical (lose body fat, good muscle, good insulin sensity, blood flow circulation).

After around 3-4 month of this chronic benefits...go slow down. In firts my mind not have any reaction time, very slow, no focus, no motivation, non empaty for the people, my face no have expression , change in chubby cheeks particulary. I lose muscle and build fat in total body.

In the past i take more SSRI and anxiolitic for "depression" but i think this is not correlate to my problem.

At now, is 4 years with same problem chronic and not change. Consult more speciliast with same diagnosis "you have depression bla bla bla". 

Total my sympthom is correlate to low dopamine /parkinson desease....other symphtom is a fixed gaze and eyestrain difficulty.

Is possibile IF damage my dopamine receptor? 

My blood work it's ok, hormone panel ok, thyroid ok.

At the moment i try more.....diet, exercise...not work.

Yesterday i try sulbutimine for first time and "wow, feeling very good"...is a good option for me in long term ? other nootropics not work, only phenylpiracetam for firts day, next i have tollerance.

So my question...possibile repair this problem ? thanks

Edited by longcity90, 30 November 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#2 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

Hi longcity90 ... sorry to hear the benefits of the intermittent fasting didn’t seem to last. Based on the information you provided it seems plausible that dopamine receptors are involved, but as it’s very difficult to know with any certainty what’s going on at a molecular level in the brain I wouldn’t encourage you to limit your consideration of solutions based on that. Diet and exercise are certainly good things to emphasize; bear in mind though that they take time to work. It’s possible nootropics could help pick up the slack while these lifestyle measures build effects.

You didn’t say what other nootropics you tried besides sulbutiamine and phenylpiracetam. For some people piracetam has an antidepressant effect; it does for me. A foundation multivitamin-mineral supplement could also be helpful. You also don’t note any obvious cause of “damage”, but if you think there is damage you could also consider something targeting nervous system repair like Lion’s Mane.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 longcity90

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

Hi longcity90 ... sorry to hear the benefits of the intermittent fasting didn’t seem to last. Based on the information you provided it seems plausible that dopamine receptors are involved, but as it’s very difficult to know with any certainty what’s going on at a molecular level in the brain I wouldn’t encourage you to limit your consideration of solutions based on that. Diet and exercise are certainly good things to emphasize; bear in mind though that they take time to work. It’s possible nootropics could help pick up the slack while these lifestyle measures build effects.

You didn’t say what other nootropics you tried besides sulbutiamine and phenylpiracetam. For some people piracetam has an antidepressant effect; it does for me. A foundation multivitamin-mineral supplement could also be helpful. You also don’t note any obvious cause of “damage”, but if you think there is damage you could also consider something targeting nervous system repair like Lion’s Mane.

Hi Kinesis,

In last month i take Noopept in 20mg days two dose, little result but only for first time. About 1 month every day.

Theanine very good with high dosage about 1gr day in more dose.

The benefits is only for hour, and my problem chronic not resolve.

Asweganda , rodhiola not benefits.

Is good for my problem other nootrpics ? bromantane ? or drugs same selegine ? in this case, i contact new psychiatric.

Very appreciate your response.

Thanks

#4 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hmmm ... it might be you have some form of “depression”, but even if you do that’s a very nonspecific diagnosis, and if SSRIs didn’t help it’s more useless. How about metabolic issues? Have you had a glucose tolerance test? Systemic inflammation?Thyroid? Not saying they’re issues, but they’re good things to rule out before resorting to psychoactive drugs.

It’s possible noopept or bromantane might help you, but until you can rule out systemic problems such as these I’d be very cautious with them. If I used them at all I’d stick to minimum effective dosing ... for example people often find that with something as potent as noopept less is more. If you still suspect dopamine receptor insufficiency you might try citicoline. By all means continue your lifestyle (diet, exercise...) strategy and try another doctor if your current one isn’t getting to the bottom of it.

Edited by Kinesis, 05 December 2017 - 07:20 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#5 longcity90

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Hmmm ... it might be you have some form of “depression”, but even if you do that’s a very nonspecific diagnosis, and if SSRIs didn’t help it’s more useless. How about metabolic issues? Have you had a glucose tolerance test? Systemic inflammation?Thyroid? Not saying they’re issues, but they’re good things to rule out before resorting to psychoactive drugs.

It’s possible noopept or bromantane might help you, but until you can rule out systemic problems such as these I’d be very cautious with them. If I used them at all I’d stick to minimum effective dosing ... for example people often find that with something as potent as noopept less is more. If you still suspect dopamine receptor insufficiency you might try citicoline. By all means continue your lifestyle (diet, exercise...) strategy and try another doctor if your current one isn’t getting to the bottom of it.

In last years i try more SSRI, SNRI, Anxiolitic and antipxicoti drugs and no effect...only sides. I think no have depressione  :) is my conclusion.

Glucose test with glycemic during fasting is ok, and after meal is ok. No problem. Emoglobin glygata test perfect .

Thyroid is ok, testosterone is ok. My exam is very good.

I stop noopept last week, at today is one week with sulbitiamine at 600mg dose divide is 3 dose. Very good feeling but no i have idea if this nootrpic necessity cycling, stop ecc...for tollerance and effects. 

I buy citocoline today.

Any tips? thanks!

Edited by longcity90, 06 December 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#6 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

Just a couple ... citicoline is thought to increase dopamine receptors over time, so if that’s the effect you’re looking for, don’t conclude it’s not working if you don’t notice anything obvious immediately.

https://en.m.wikiped...wiki/Citicoline

Also it stacks well with racetams.

Edited by Kinesis, 06 December 2017 - 10:18 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 tronatula2

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:17 AM

In last years i try more SSRI, SNRI, Anxiolitic and antipxicoti drugs and no effect...only sides. I think no have depressione  :) is my conclusion.

Glucose test with glycemic during fasting is ok, and after meal is ok. No problem. Emoglobin glygata test perfect .

Thyroid is ok, testosterone is ok. My exam is very good.

I stop noopept last week, at today is one week with sulbitiamine at 600mg dose divide is 3 dose. Very good feeling but no i have idea if this nootrpic necessity cycling, stop ecc...for tollerance and effects. 

I buy citocoline today.

Any tips? thanks!

Hi, I experienced the same symptoms as you, have you solved your problems, would you mind telling me how?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users