mushroom red reishi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Skyguy2005

• 291 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

Who else takes Lingzhi, or Red Reishi?

I really think it is literally the dogs bollocks. It is powerfully calming without being drowsy like hops, valerian etc. If anxiety was a warrior fighting vs Red Reishi, it would get its heart impaled with a massive flaming sword. Twice.

Sometimes I find it hard to believe it exists (I'm glad it does though). I've tried mushrooms like cordyceps (nothing), lions mane (good) but they are NOTHING compared to this. It's like comparing Tim Henman vs Roger Federer.

Edited by Skyguy2005, 08 December 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 11:56 AM

Is Red Reishi different than the one used in most commercial Reishi extract products?

I've had good success with dual-extracted Reishi standardized to 30% polysaccharides, 2% triterpenes and 30% beta-glucans. It indeed does lift your spirit and has deeply calming effect. I have new interest in medicinal mushrooms again, and I'm curious what is the difference of subtypes of them like Cordyceps Sinensis versus Cordyceps Militaris etc.

I found a product that contains six different mushrooms: Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, Chaga, Reishi, Shitake and Maitake. All dual-extracted. I think I'll buy some when doing my next supplement order, that product should pack a punch!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 06:52 PM

I take some broad spectrum mushroom extracts as well. The data on mushrooms is quite supportive for health.

• Agree x 2

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 07:13 AM

I take some broad spectrum mushroom extracts as well. The data on mushrooms is quite supportive for health.

Mushrooms do seem more powerful than medicinal plants when it comes to immune health.

Examine has pretty good summary of the benefits of Reishi:

Summary

Ganoderma lucidum, commonly known as the lingzi mushroom, is frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine. Its popularity extends to Japanese and Korean medicine, and it has been making its way west.

Ganoderma lucidum has anti-oxidative effects when supplemented. It also has a therapeutic effect on insulin resistance, reduces the risk of prostate cancer, and can help treat a variety of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome.

The lingzi mushroom is well known for its anti-cancer effects. It is able to activate natural killer cells, increasing their activity and the body’s ability to fight tumors. Supplementing Ganoderma lucidum reduces the chances of metastasis, which is when cancer spreads to another part of the body.

Ganoderma lucidum has a variety of mechanisms, but they are focused on moderating the immune system. The lingzi mushroom is able to reduce immune system activity when the system is overstimulated, and bolster the immune system when it is weakened. In general, Ganoderma lucidum increases the amount of active immune system cells.

Though further research is needed to confirm these effects, Ganoderma lucidum shows promise for a wide variety of cancer-related therapies. It has been shown to be an effective adjunct therapy, which means it improves health when taken alongside other medications, for breast cancer, hepatitis, fatigue syndrome, and prostate cancer. There are not many promising supplements with anti-cancer properties available over-the-counter but Ganoderma lucidum appears to be one of them.

→ source (external link)

Personally I've found Reishi to effectively reduce my adult back acne which has been resistant to even the strongest medication available, Accutane. The anxiolytic effect of Reishi is also powerful, I think it's mediated through several mechanisms: GABA-A receptors, adenosine-agonism and lowering histamine release.

#5 FroilanLily

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 09:27 AM

If you're already enjoying the benefits of Lingzhi or Red Reishi, you might want to consider adding a mushroom complex supplement to further enhance your well-being. Mushroom complexes, like Nutraharmony's mushroom complex, often combine potent fungi like Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, and others that can offer additional benefits, such as improved cognitive function, enhanced energy levels, and strengthened immunity.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Shemp999

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2024 - 11:21 AM

What specific brand?  Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mushroom, red, reishi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users