Blocking All Serotonin Receptors With Supplements

serotonin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

So I got an idea.. What if you could reduce serotonin efficient with supplements you can get over the counter?
But the thing is a supplement might only block 1 receptor most of the time . So I thought what if I stacked supplements which each block their own serotonin receptor.

I dont know if it will work or not but let me hear your guys thoughts. 

LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS AND WHAT SEROTONIN RECEPTOR(S) THEY BLOCK:

5-HT1A - Ashwagandha

5-HT1B & 5-HT1D - Yohimbine 

Missing: 5-HT1E &  5-HT1F.

5-HT2A & 5-HT2C - White Willow Bark

5-HT2B - Yohimbine (again)

5-HT3 - Panax Ginseng

5-HT4 - L-Lysine

Missing: 5-HT5A & 5-HT5B

5-HT6 - Magnolia Officinalis

Missing: 5-HT7

Now if we could finnish the missing ones we would theoretically block all serotonin receptors right? and therefore deplet serotonin?

Edited by farshad, 11 December 2017 - 09:54 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • like x 1

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Anyone know of any supplements that block the missing serotonin receptors?

Edited by farshad, 12 December 2017 - 09:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

Why????
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#4 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

800mg per day of Seroquel should take care of you just fine.  You can order it from the popular Indian sources.   It is pretty inexpensive, though not as cheap as you might think.   You would need a very high dose of Seroquel to accomplish what you desire.  You should titerate up starting at 100mg per day increasing every 2-3 days. 

You will sleep like a rock.   If you are not at risk for mania, taking provigil or similar can help.  Seroquel is a strong histamine agonist, while provigil and related compounds reverse the effect.  

Most people get over the fatigue in a couple of months. Frequently sooner.  

• Disagree x 1

#5 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

800mg per day of Seroquel should take care of you just fine.  You can order it from the popular Indian sources.   It is pretty inexpensive, though not as cheap as you might think.   You would need a very high dose of Seroquel to accomplish what you desire.  You should titerate up starting at 100mg per day increasing every 2-3 days. 

You will sleep like a rock.   If you are not at risk for mania, taking provigil or similar can help.  Seroquel is a strong histamine agonist, while provigil and related compounds reverse the effect.  

seroquel also blocks  SERT (serotonin transporter) which increases Serotonin in all synapses and will lead to overexpression of the serotonin receptors.  The serotonin receptor antagonism mechanism of seroquel  will render useless . stay on topic.

Edited by farshad, 03 January 2018 - 10:34 PM.

#6 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:46 AM

Mirtazapine?
  • Off-Topic x 1

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

Mirtazapine?

oh is mirtazapine a otc  supplement? i didnt know that.

Edited by farshad, 04 January 2018 - 01:32 AM.

#8 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

woops otc supp forgot that part my bad

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

seroquel also blocks  SERT (serotonin transporter) which increases Serotonin in all synapses and will lead to overexpression of the serotonin receptors.  The serotonin receptor antagonism mechanism of seroquel  will render useless . stay on topic.

Unfortunately, you're simply wrong.  And really, your previous list was nuts.   

You don't want something rather mild with a good track record? 

Just get some thorazine.  I'm sure even you aren't crazy enough to suggest that increases serotonin.

Your weird cocktail of herbal supplements is well, weird.  Do you really think we have studies to prove any of that? After more than 60 years studying how antipsychotics work?      

• Off-Topic x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serotonin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users